• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my original Alpha Sapphire save before I stupidly reset it, I had two event Arceus'. One of them was shiny.

God was handed to me twice.

Oh man that reminds me I'm pretty sure I got nearly all the event mythicals on my Alpha Sapphire cart.

Idea for a mythical event in a future game: Everything proceeds as natural, but when you're getting your mythical from an NPC, a rogue evil team grunt snatches it and there's a mini quest to get it back.

I just hope that the possible DLC for Gen 4 remake is something like the Sevii island of FireRed and Leafgreen which is completely new instead of sticking with the mythical event like with Platinum before.

I just hope that the possible DLC for Gen 4 remake is something like the Sevii island of FireRed and Leafgreen which is completely new instead of sticking with the mythical event like with Platinum before.
...and now I'm once again mad about the Let's Go games not including the Sevii Islands/not having a DLC pack. What a missed opportunity.

We're probably going to get Let's Go Johto, so you guys are going to be stuck waiting til Gen 9 for Sinnoh remakes.

You’re saying that all over the place now (amazing how quickly you’ve changed your tune) but what’s to say both Let’s Go Johto and Gen 4 remakes can’t both be part of the current gen?

You’re saying that all over the place now (amazing how quickly you’ve changed your tune) but what’s to say both Let’s Go Johto and Gen 4 remakes can’t both be part of the current gen?
I don't think so because I don't know if they would wait four years to release Gen 9.

Finally watched the thing and I'm sure you've already been over this but... big project. dare we hope? Dare we dream? Will Sinnoh remakes come our way?

I dare to hope. I dare to dream. And if it's not Sinnoh remakes, then I can subsist on New Pokemon Snap and Isle of Armor.

There seems to be a lot of focus on casual mobile games and old nostalgic spin-off games like Pokémon Snap and to a lesser extent Mystery Dungeon. I wonder if this means that a remake is less likely because Gen 4 doesn't appeal to really young kids and their "Genwunner" parents since they seem to be the target audience right now.

Nothing short of announcing Gen 9 for some inexplicable reason will excuse a lack of Sinnoh remakes next week in my book.

Edit: Okay, I might be over exaggerating a bit. I just really want Sinnoh remakes guys.

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of focus on casual mobile games and old nostalgic spin-off games like Pokémon Snap and to a lesser extent Mystery Dungeon. I wonder if this means that a remake is less likely because Gen 4 doesn't appeal to really young kids and their "Genwunner" parents since they seem to be the target audience right now.

Yeah, if they come out & announce Let's Go Johto next week, then I am pretty pessimistic about what that means for our chances of seeing Gen IV remakes, at least this Gen. I think that might confirm what I've long feared, that those games were planned at one point (hence all the cryptic Gen IV hints in SM), but were ultimately rejected by somebody at the top.

He’s literally the highest poster on the remake discussion when he doesn’t want SInnoh remakes for some reason. I wish we could have some discussion other than Reason #123827 Sinnoh remakes won’t happen.

They will not announce any new main series game the next week. Games are usually announced in the year they'll arrive, and the offering for this year is the Crown Tundra DLC. It means nothing most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom