• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Let's Go Johto even be?

Like, LGPE were specifically based on Yellow. Gen II doesn't have a game like Yellow.

What would Let's Go Johto even be?

Like, LGPE were specifically based on Yellow. Gen II doesn't have a game like Yellow.
Eh, they could make a Crystal remake. Really, it wouldn’t be that difficult to just take Crystal, modernize a few parts of it, and replace the starters.

It does strike me as strange that there's so many iconic Gen 2 plushies on the shelf (cover legendaries, starters, another legendary trio, Eeveelutions, and two story-relevant Gen 2 Pokemon), but at the same time, why go Da Vinci Code on hinting at it instead of, you know, announcing it in this presentation that's announcing new games? Especially for a Let's Go game, which is supposed to be aimed at younger players, isn't it?
Also, a lot of those background theories end up being fake anyway. Like the chair theory from Smash. No, really, some people thought they were hinting at characters with the color of the chairs they used during reveals.

Also, a lot of those background theories end up being fake anyway. Like the chair theory from Smash. No, really, some people thought they were hinting at characters with the color of the chairs they used during reveals.
A dozen Gen II plushes taking up the bulk of the background during the presentation is significantly more tangible than, "that chair is purple, Majora's Mask is purple, character confirmed." Ishihara's usually just at his desk; this is a completely different spot. Maybe that's just because he couldn't film it at the office due to COVID, but those plushes were deliberately placed there.

I certainly don't think it's 100% a sure thing, but the fact they're having another presentation so soon after this one makes me think it won't just be 3 extra minutes on Pokemon Sleep or something mostly irrelevant. It'll be something more meaty, and context clues alone at the very least point more toward Johto than Sinnoh.

I don't think it would be that bad to announce a new game for this year. Honestly, we kinda need just something cause this year has been very dry for Nintendo. I don't see any problem with having like Crown Tundra in October and a new game in November.

I did see this today though.
View: https://twitter.com/PLDHnet/status/1273370728419610624
I am hoping though this isn't the focus of this Pokemon Presents. This sounds like it would be some kind of spin off or mobile game, which I don't think would really be something Ishihara would say is a "big project" they're working on. When I hear "big project", I usually think a core RPG or something like Let's Go. I'd honestly be happy with just Let's Go Johto, if all those Johto Pokemon plushes are a hint.

Last edited:
Do we know much about Ishihara’s Pokémon preferences? It could just be that Gen 2 is his favourite gen.

It’s possible that it’s a tease, but it’s also possible that it’s nothing, I mean if I was planning to announce a Pokémon remake I’d probably put completely conflicting clues into the background just to send people on the wrong track - so if the announcement was for Gen 4 remakes I’d probably put all Johto Pokémon stuff out.

I also think it’s worth remembering that we’re in very uncharted territory with the Pokémon franchise, so there’s no knowing exactly what we’ll see.

We're more likely to get Let's Go Johto anyways because those are less likely to kill hype for the Crown Tundra than the Sinnoh remakes.
Both are equal "Hype killers". They both would gain attention and excitement. Are you claiming Sinnoh is suddenly *more* marketable than Johto after denying it for over an year? No offence, I’m not sure what you think is more marketable.

Besides, they’re not announcing a main series game this year. The Crown Tundra is their offering for 2020, and they don’t announce main series games more than a year in advance (technically SwSh, but what was just to confirm that they are developing the main series for the Switch).

I mean if I was planning to announce a Pokémon remake I’d probably put completely conflicting clues into the background just to send people on the wrong track - so if the announcement was for Gen 4 remakes I’d probably put all Johto Pokémon stuff out.
They don’t usually switch around "hints" like this. Whenever we get them they’re usually straight forward and not tricks to deceive the audience. For context I’m not sure yet if the plushies are a "hint".

I was talking about what I’d do in that situation, nothing to do with what TPC have done in the past. ;-)

Those background "hints" are most likely fake. Besides, games get announced a lot more time than a week has passed between its announcement and the first hint showing something about the game, we have seen it countless times this has happened. Basically, I say Gen 4 remakes are still a lot more likely than Let's Go Johto.

It's easy. They announce gen 4 remakes this year and release them around summer of next year. Right?
Games are usually released for the prime holiday reason. Notice how all releases in recent memory have been in November. And again, they don’t announce games an entire year or more before their release. Their entire attention is on their remaining offering of2020- the Crown Tundra. It would be illogical to announce any game (either Johto or Sinnoh) next week, unless GameFreak is going totally whack with their release schedule at the expense of overworked employees and less profits.

Games are usually released for the prime holiday reason. Notice how all releases in recent memory have been in November. And again, they don’t announce games an entire year or more before their release. Their entire attention is on their remaining offering of2020- the Crown Tundra. It would be illogical to announce any game (either Johto or Sinnoh) next week, unless GameFreak is going totally whack with their release schedule at the expense of overworked employees and less profits.

Unless its a spin-off (Detective Pikachu 2).

No. It would kill all DLC hype.
Last I checked Game Freak doesn't care about hype. If they did they wouldn't starve us on information.

Plus the DLC doesn't even need hype. Chances are most people preordered both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra together and if they didn't they either don't have the money, aren't interested in the DLC, or plan on getting outside opinions before getting it.

Last I checked Game Freak doesn't care about hype. If they did they wouldn't starve us on information.

Plus the DLC doesn't even need hype. Chances are most people preordered both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra together and if they didn't they either don't have the money, aren't interested in the DLC, or plan on getting outside opinions before getting it.
I just can't see them revealing Sinnoh remakes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom