• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But they like taking away stuff we like just because.
1602883110535.png

GameFreak and its developers are not some mustache-twirling villains. Sure, they may make (highly) questionable decisions, but to say that they enjoy removing popular features for no reason is silly.

Yeah. I actually expect the games to look like LGPE.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to this, as LGPE looks gorgeous. I don't think they'd use the exact same art style, because it's very unique and specific to that game (the human characters' proportions are more cartoonlike to give the game a cute and innocent vibe). But I could see them going with the classic high camera angle, like LGPE, for that nostalgic feel. I've noticed that in ORAS, the camera zooms out more on routes than it does in XY, and it feels like a callback to the GBA games where the player character only took up a tiny part of the screen.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to this, as LGPE looks gorgeous. I don't think they'd use the exact same art style, because it's very unique and specific to that game (the human characters' proportions are more cartoonlike to give the game a cute and innocent vibe). But I could see them going with the classic high camera angle, like LGPE, for that nostalgic feel. I've noticed that in ORAS, the camera zooms out more on routes than it does in XY, and it feels like a callback to the GBA games where the player character only took up a tiny part of the screen.
XY and ORAS also used a more chibi-like artstyle.

The thing is, the art style of ORAS matched the art style of XY, so I will keep assuming that the art style of the DP remakes will match that of SWSH.

The thing is, the art style of ORAS matched the art style of XY, so I will keep assuming that the art style of the DP remakes will match that of SWSH.
I don't think so, as Sinnoh wasn't designed to look like that. I think that DP remakes will actually match LGPE.

I'd rather they do the art style of XY/ORAS for Sinnoh. Sure it's Chibi too, but that was only for out of battle animations. The actual art and in battle animation for important characters was normally proportioned.

I don't think so, as Sinnoh wasn't designed to look like that. I think that DP remakes will actually match LGPE.
The problem with that is that Sinnoh's art style does need to match SWSH's art style, or at least make it not chibi at all because doing so is going to send the wrong marketing message about the type of remake it will be. The point of a traditional remake's art style matching the first game of the generation is to make it plainly obvious that this has the same mechanics as a traditional Pokemon game would. The casual fans will be confused about what type of game this is and that's a thing that Game Freak would rather avoid confusing those with the potential of staying with the franchise a bit longer.

The problem with that is that Sinnoh's art style does need to match SWSH's art style, or at least make it not chibi at all because doing so is going to send the wrong marketing message about the type of remake it will be. The point of a traditional remake's art style matching the first game of the generation is to make it plainly obvious that this has the same mechanics as a traditional Pokemon game would. The casual fans will be confused about what type of game this is and that's a thing that Game Freak would rather avoid confusing those with the potential of staying with the franchise a bit longer.
Going for the LGPE style will actually make it look like an upscaling of the original game. I would prefer an LGPE-styled overworld and models, because LGPE looks great (actually better than Sword and Shield in places).

Going for the LGPE style will actually make it look like an upscaling of the original game. I would prefer an LGPE-styled overworld and models, because LGPE looks great (actually better than Sword and Shield in places).
Unfortunately, the developers' personal preference takes priority over fans' personal preference, it always has been this way with Pokemon. So if the director of the DP remakes prefer the SWSH art style, then it's a lot more likely to be the SWSH art style.

Unfortunately, the developers' personal preference takes priority over fans' personal preference, it always has been this way with Pokemon. So if the director of the DP remakes prefer the SWSH art style, then it's a lot more likely to be the SWSH art style.
That simply can't be done without modifying the region to the point of unrecognizability.

The point is, the game is already far in development, so a change in art style choice is extremely unlikely at this point.

I'm not saying it like that, and again you're talking about Sinnoh remakes like they're confirmed. They're not.
If it does exist and it's slated to release next year, then at this point in time, they are still far in development.

I'm just stating what I think that artstyle will look like. I'm expecting LGPE-style in order to make it look more like the original DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom