• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it would be easier on account of there not being HMs anymore, but I wonder what they would replace them with in these games.

I kind of expect them to continue the trend of using the bike, but then having the bike use rock climb makes it a bit too similar to going up and down those dirt slopes. I don't know if that's actually an issue or if I'm just overthinking things.

I also can't envision a bike climbing a waterfall, or smashing rocks, or pushing boulders.

I kind of expect them to continue the trend of using the bike, but then having the bike use rock climb makes it a bit too similar to going up and down those dirt slopes. I don't know if that's actually an issue or if I'm just overthinking things.

I also can't envision a bike climbing a waterfall, or smashing rocks, or pushing boulders.
Yeah. Obstacles are almost non-existent in Sword and Shield and I don't know if they would go that route in DP remakes.

I hope they just go the LGPE route where Pokémon can just inherently use the technique after you get certain gym badges, except make it all Pokémon. So any Pokémon that can learn Cut would just be able to cut down trees after badge 2, etc. Without actually knowing the move, of course.

And with portable PC now being a thing that hopefully carries over, having the right Pokémon would no longer be much of an issue.

Seeing how they had more years of development for the remakes, I can see riding Pokemon happening.

I don't know about that, as riding Pokemon was not in Sword & Shield.
They had like 4 years worth of development at this point, it's not impossible to have ridable Pokemon in a big way in that long span amount of time.

So I'm not against the idea, but why are you sure that Sinnoh Remakes have been in development for so long?

So I'm not against the idea, but why are you sure that Sinnoh Remakes have been in development for so long?
And if they're even in development at all. For all we know they could be jumping straight into Gen 9 or working on more Sword and Shield DLC.

I'm pretty sure their not doing more SwSh DLC. it would be economically foolish to release a definitive edition or whatever it is containing both the games and the DLC and then release more DLC afterwards.
Specially considering how Capcom of all companies is not doing that anymore.

I'm pretty sure their not doing more SwSh DLC. it would be economically foolish to release a definitive edition or whatever it is containing both the games and the DLC and then release more DLC afterwards.
Besides, Game Freak is known for making economically foolish decisions.

I don't think we're getting any more DLC. Game Freak rarely makes decisions that would hurt it financially. SwSh may not have been the best game in the world but it was a passable enough game to make more than the money they spent to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom