• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see little reason to expect DP remakes for the 3DS given what happened with ORAS. There is no need for remakes every three years, either.

Kanto sequels are more appropriate for the 20th anniversary generation, anyway.
What happened with ORAS? What's wrong with other remakes on the 3DS? I agree Kanto sequels makes sense for SM though.

I agree with some of the stuff above; I don't see them putting DP remakes out for the 3DS, especially since we just had ORAS on the 3DS. I don't mind waiting 'til Gen 8 for them, gives Gen 7 it's own 2/3(4) games to shine on their own, much like Gen V.

I'm a big fan of Gen 6, over the 'Z' thing now but evidently ORAS overshadowed XY in the end for me, cause I have always adored Hoenn and wanted remakes, so it made me not really crave going through Kalos again (as it was anyway).

Let this hopefully be a celebratory pair of first games, with their own things going on too, but also leave them open so we can get possible sequels or another round of Gen 7 without expecting a return or remake, if that makes sense. In all, just doubt DP remakes would happen this gen, as much as they could make them fit with the Sun & Moon thing.

I would rather have DP remakes in Gen VIII with better graphics. I personally find it as one of the most beautiful regions, and who doesn't want to see an awesome distortion world or Dialga/Palkia opening a portal? I'd also like to some snow from Platinum in the game. Not too heavy though.

Despite this Current Event's title, the description says:

Discuss the upcoming 3DS Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the Seventh Generation of Pokémon!

So I guess we can talk about DP remakes then. A few things, some (or all) of which might be coincidences:
-Diamonds in the JP logo
-The logo's space themes
-Looking at JP release dates:
FRLG released 8 years after originals
HGSS released 10 years after originals
ORAS released 12 years after originals
DP were released in 2006. Plus 14 gives us 2020... But say the pattern is a bit changed because they want to tie it in with the anniversary, and because it appears third versions may not happen anymore... So maybe 2018-19?

It should be noted that Sinnoh's professor studies Evolution. If we get more Mega Evolution and more explanations behind it, this might also make sense.

More personally, Platinum was my first non-emulated game, so I have a special bond with generation IV. If we get DP remakes, I'd DEFINITELY want them to be more Platinum than DP. In fact, a single Platinum remake would be fine with me too.

I'm jumping ahead, but here are some obvious name predictions:

Pokemon Time Diamond, Space Pearl
Pokemon Space and Time
Pokemon Quantum Diamond, Relativity Pearl (okay going too far now)
Pokemon Sparkling Diamond, Glistening Pearl (okay I'm done)

So, will we get them? WILL WE?

Depends on where we are going with the hardware. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think the NX is something main series Pokemon games will be on. If the 3DS sticks around for a few more years, then we will probably see Diamond and Pearl remakes next. If the NX is something main series Pokemon games will be on, or the 3DS gets replaced with another handheld, then no, we'll see something unique.

There's also the question of if maybe we'll get an emerald remake. Emerald is the first third version with a lot of differences from its duo ones. HGSS also worked as remakes for crystal, but ORAS had nothing that was unique to emerald.

I feel like they might postpone the remakes and wait for when we move to a new system, but who knows. I'm looking for them either way!

Sinnoh is one of my favourite regions so whenever it happens I'd be excited. Though I doubt it would happen in Gen 7 as we just got ORAS, and it's still the current game right now.

I'd actually prefer if they held off on DP remakes until the next console, that way it's spread out and Gen 7 can be more like Gen 5 and thrive on it's own without a remake. Sequels for Kanto I'm down for to happen this gen also, another possibility.

I got my Hoenn remakes, so I'm happy. I'm not against DP remakes, but the original games have no special place in my heart (I got Platinum and skipped over DP), so I'm unsure if I'd get remakes myself, especially if they used the original Sinnoh Dex with its five Fire-types.

Gen IV is my favorite so far. Cold climate. Great champion. Beautiful region and good post-game. and of course Glaceon <3

Anyway they NEED to keep the Platinum dex and the Platinum Elite Four teams. DP was somewhat lacking in this regard.
For names I have seen someone propose Adamant Diamond & Lustrous Pearl and I loved it. They may be too abstract though and it doesn't even go with the japanese names of the Orbs, which are named Diamond & White Orb.

For names I have seen someone propose Adamant Diamond & Lustrous Pearl and I loved it. They may be too abstract though and it doesn't even go with the japanese names of the Orbs, which are named Diamond & White Orb.
DiamondDiamond Version and WhitePearl Version!

I think D/P remakes are a bit of an oddity. I do think there is a lot that could be done with them, but on the other hand, many of Sinnoh's big features are just taken from the Hoenn games. How do you go about milking more promotion out of Contest Spectaculars and Super Secret Bases, when the whole main sell of those was a) you guys remember all this HOENN STUFF???? and b) look at how these old things have been modernized!

Also, the iconic Pokémon of Gen IV, Lucario, already got it's Mega Evolution and tons of showcasing. Maybe a Mega Lucario Y gets introduced? On top of that, you have the awkward situation with the macots. It's easy to give Dialga and Palkia Primal Reversions, but what about Giratina and Arceus, who already have Forme gimmicks? And which one does the post-game storyline focus on? And who does it use to mobilize that plot? Charon would be after Heatran, presumably, unless that plot gets changed. I guess Cyrus succeeds in cracking the inner workings of the Distortion World?

And doesn't it just seem like the nostalgic fond remembrance of Pokémon ends with R/S/E? D/P/P get a lot of hate in comparison. Which is a shame - Platinum, and the Sinnoh region, are brilliant.

Anyway. I'm rather keen on the names Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl.

There's also the question of if maybe we'll get an emerald remake. Emerald is the first third version with a lot of differences from its duo ones. HGSS also worked as remakes for crystal, but ORAS had nothing that was unique to emerald.

So they throw Z out the window to give us... another Hoenn remake!?

Like I said in the DS era, I don't think there's been enough hardware development to warrant a DP remakes. I'd rather wait for the NX, which means Gen VIII. (also Gen IV was twice the number of generations from Gen II, Gen VI was twice that of Gen III, and Gen VIII will be twice that of Gen IV)

It's easy to give Dialga and Palkia Primal Reversions, but what about Giratina and Arceus, who already have Forme gimmicks?
Hmmm Giratina's alternate forme could just be explained as a primal reversion, caused by the griseous orb (unrelated, am I the only one who hates that name? Adamant and Lustrous sound so cool... griseous sounds greasy... and it's yellow too... ughh)
Then Dialga and Palkia could just be retconned to change formes with their respective orbs.
Though I'll admit that wouldn't be fun, giratina getting nothing new :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom