• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, it's what they did last time-- LGPE used Megas, not Z-moves.

Everyone keeps acting like Mega Evolution has been abandoned forever when it was literally in the last set of games.
Exactly. Plus, Mega Evolution is also in Rescue Team DX, GO, and Masters. To me, there's no doubt Mega Evolution will be back, the only question is whether it's going to be in the Sinnoh remakes, and whether they'll introduce new ones.

(Warning, Crown Tundra spoilers in the links below):
A user on Smogon made a really interesting observation about Eternatus and Calyrex that fits in quite nicely with my own theory about Calyrex having to deal with Eternatus's meteor impact.
Just thought it might be interesting to submit the theory that Calyrex from the Crown Tundra might be the key to allowing Dynamax to occur in other regions like Sinnoh.
Since Calyrex itself seems to be able to Dynamax using its own power rather than that of Eternatus, I’m thinking this might apply to other Pokémon as well. Eternatus came from space; who’s to say that Dialga and Palkia couldn’t have obtained that power as well?

(Warning, Crown Tundra spoilers in the links below):

Just thought it might be interesting to submit the theory that Calyrex from the Crown Tundra might be the key to allowing Dynamax to occur in other regions like Sinnoh.
Since Calyrex itself seems to be able to Dynamax using its own power rather than that of Eternatus, I’m thinking this might apply to other Pokémon as well. Eternatus came from space; who’s to say that Dialga and Palkia couldn’t have obtained that power as well?

I tend to think of it more as, maybe Calyrex absorbed some of Eternatus's power into itself when they clashed, and can now use that absorbed power to Dynamax on its own, and it just looks blue because the Galar particles are also interacting with Calyrex's natural energies internally, whereas with all other Pokémon, the interaction is completely external. This way, the origin of the mechanic is still linked to Eternatus, since that seems very deliberate on the part of GF to answer the question of why Dynamax has only been observed in Galar (G-Max Melmetal notwithstanding, but I have my own separate and more convoluted theory for that). The issue I have with Calyrex being able to Dynamax with no connection to Eternatus is that, to me it raises the question of why all the other Legendary Pokémon have a red aura, when surely they would also have sufficient power to Dynamax themselves?

That said, Dynamax itself is just the excitation of Galar particles to distort space, which would probably be well within the realm of the Sinnoh Legendaries. I think you could certainly use their abilities to generate the same effect - like, think of all the different ways you can start a fire; the underlying science is the same - but I also think that Calyrex's Dynamax is probably still linked to Eternatus in some way, rather than it being something that Calyrex can just do because it's powerful. Keeping with the fire analogy, I think Calyrex must just possess some unique element that changes the shade of the aura when it Dynamaxes, like how certain elements when burned can turn a flame green or blue.

No, it wasn't. DP was delayed a year and was originally intended to come out in 2005.
I wonder why they delayed the games.

If they were to be released in 2005, the remakes would have come out in 2020 but that didn't happened.

Last edited:
You know, I have been returning to the Regi temples in the Crown Tundra to hear their mysterious ambient music, I have noticed the walls are layered and slanted, something done with the caves in Gen 4 because, at the time, it was the only way to emulate rocky walls. It's an odd thing to have considering there could have been carvings or cave-paintings on the walls instead of those weird slanted surfaces.

You know, I have been returning to the Regi temples in the Crown Tundra to hear their mysterious ambient music, I have noticed the walls are layered and slanted, something done with the caves in Gen 4 because, at the time, it was the only way to emulate rocky walls. It's an odd thing to have considering there could have been carvings or cave-paintings on the walls instead of those weird slanted surfaces.
I highly doubt the wall panels are meant to be an indicator of gen 4 remakes, or even a nod to the DPPt games. It's not odd at all--they used rocky slabs over a rock texture because you're inside a temple, I'd imagine it wouldn't make sense otherwise for the interior.

I highly doubt the wall panels are meant to be an indicator of gen 4 remakes, or even a nod to the DPPt games. It's not odd at all--they used rocky slabs over a rock texture because you're inside a temple, I'd imagine it wouldn't make sense otherwise for the interior.
They had plenty of other options to make temple walls not have a rocky texture without needing for the slanted nature though, which as I said, it's odd that they went with something so similar to how walls looked in Gen 4 because when in a 3D space, they can make it so much more different than that.

They had plenty of other options to make temple walls not have a rocky texture without needing for the slanted nature though, which as I said, it's odd that they went with something so similar to how walls looked in Gen 4 because when in a 3D space, they can make it so much more different than that.
I'm fairly certain it's just a coincidence. Sure, they had plenty of other options, but that doesn't mean anything. They could have gone with the slanted slabs for a number of aesthetic reasons that don't pertain to hinting at remakes. I mean, if it the devs really did want to insert a nod to DPPt remakes, why make said hint really obscure and cryptic--a nod to something that isn't even unique to Sinnoh nor something that's associated with the region? Why go with cave tiles, especially since said tile design is not unique to DPPt--HGSS use the same exact tiles, and I'm fairly certain every single non-3D also has slanted cave tiles to give a sense of depth. Not only that, the temple slabs don't really look like the cave tiles in DPPt in my opinion.
1605414062151.png
1605414123709.png

While there are some other hints, such as the Croagunk statue in Hop's room or the Sinnoh fossils being the only missing fossils, they're all A) not obscure nor as subjective as the tiles, and B) pertain to something that actually has a connection to Sinnoh.

I really don't think this is a secret nod to Sinnoh.

Edit: While the slanted structure might be a reference to the old Regi locations, I don't think it's a hint at Sinnoh remakes.

I can say with confidence this is no secret nod to Sinnoh.

The temples are definitely a nod to DPPt games (or platinum at least).

The interiors are incredibly similar to the Regi rooms in Platinum: Pokémon Platinum - The Regi Factor

They have the same statue in the back center and the same floor light 'puzzles'. I believe the choice for wall design would be an extension of this.

I guess I could chalk it to "Platinum reference", but I'm not sure if they are indicators for a remake or not. Kinda like the whole crown thing in LGPE.
Although, to be fair, that crown nonsense was only seen as a clue because of a fake title, so imagining a remake of an existing game is a fair amount more likely.

Most "hints" are either just contrived coincidences or exaggerations designed to make Sinnoh remakes look more likely than they actually are.
Not always. There are some key hints that point to remakes in past generations such as the Hoenn Gym Leader theme being hidden in Diantha’s theme, or Blaziken being the first not non-Kanto starter to receive a Mega Evolution. I’m not 100% sold on the Regi thing, but I wouldn’t discount hints altogether.

For those who are curious, yes, those images are recent as a Grookie plush can be seen.

The temples are definitely a nod to DPPt games (or platinum at least).

The interiors are incredibly similar to the Regi rooms in Platinum: Pokémon Platinum - The Regi Factor

They have the same statue in the back center and the same floor light 'puzzles'. I believe the choice for wall design would be an extension of this.

Not to mention that the ruins share the same names as the ruins from Platinum- Rock Peak Ruins, Iceberg Ruins, and Iron Head Ruins. I think it is a legit hint. There's no reason for them to make the ruins so similar in design and even reuse the same name if they weren't planning on copy/pasting them from CT into Sinnoh, there are way too specific similarities there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom