• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Hoenn remakes, so I'm happy. I'm not against DP remakes, but the original games have no special place in my heart (I got Platinum and skipped over DP), so I'm unsure if I'd get remakes myself, especially if they used the original Sinnoh Dex with its five Fire-types.
Well if they do then they would probably do what they did with HGSS where they included Crystal's stuff in it. Also I did the same thing. It's the one generation that I hold no special flame for.

I think D/P remakes are a bit of an oddity. I do think there is a lot that could be done with them, but on the other hand, many of Sinnoh's big features are just taken from the Hoenn games. How do you go about milking more promotion out of Contest Spectaculars and Super Secret Bases, when the whole main sell of those was a) you guys remember all this HOENN STUFF???? and b) look at how these old things have been modernized!

Also, the iconic Pokémon of Gen IV, Lucario, already got it's Mega Evolution and tons of showcasing. Maybe a Mega Lucario Y gets introduced? On top of that, you have the awkward situation with the macots. It's easy to give Dialga and Palkia Primal Reversions, but what about Giratina and Arceus, who already have Forme gimmicks? And which one does the post-game storyline focus on? And who does it use to mobilize that plot? Charon would be after Heatran, presumably, unless that plot gets changed. I guess Cyrus succeeds in cracking the inner workings of the Distortion World?

And doesn't it just seem like the nostalgic fond remembrance of Pokémon ends with R/S/E? D/P/P get a lot of hate in comparison. Which is a shame - Platinum, and the Sinnoh region, are brilliant.

Anyway. I'm rather keen on the names Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl.

So they throw Z out the window to give us... another Hoenn remake!?

They could do something not primal with them. They could add Giratina like they did in Platinum and pull a HGSS. I don't know about Arceus. I do remember Arceus having no part in platinum, but idk about DP. I never played those two. All I know is that people say platinum was a big improvement on them.

I don't particularly mind if they do do remakes or not. Platinum was for some reason most boring to me so if they do then I hope that it makes me love sinnnoh.

And hey you never know. Emerald remake might be so unexpected that they do it.

I honestly hope that the most we get are Diamond/Pearl ports on the NX, with the wireless tweaked to work with the NX's capabilities and the online play to work through Nintendo Network. Considering that DS games are already available on the Wii U's Virtual Console service, which is meant to be future-proof (hence the lack of non-Pokémon 3DS VC releases), I don't see any reason for full remakes to be honest.

DP will be remade, people doubting they will reminds me when people said GS and RS would never be remade, etc.

It could very well come out next year, after all, ORAS came out only a year after XY.

I think they should try to put at least one system between a game and its remakes. It's more of an impact when comparing to the original games then. Like they waited until the 3DS came out to make Hoenn remakes (although that probably had more to do with BW2 than anything).

Not likely, because during the interview for ORAS, they kind of implied that ORAS was not in their original intention at all, it was because they wanted to appease the great demand from fans.

Not likely, because during the interview for ORAS, they kind of implied that ORAS was not in their original intention at all, it was because they wanted to appease the great demand from fans.

Its called rotating nostalgia. The kids who grew up with Hoenn wanted remakes, just like the kids who grew up in DP would want remakes. Along with the older fans who also wouldn't mind having remakes.

Every gen is someones "first generation" and those kids grow up and become teenagers and want to revisit the gen they started in.

Its called rotating nostalgia. The kids who grew up with Hoenn wanted remakes, just like the kids who grew up in DP would want remakes. Along with the older fans who also wouldn't mind having remakes.

Every gen is someones "first generation" and those kids grow up and become teenagers and want to revisit the gen they started in.

Exactly. Also, despite what some here have said about DP not having the same love for it, and nostalgia behind it, that may also be a generational gap.
Diamond and Pearl were the best selling Pokemon games since Gold and Silver, and even up to now the newer games have not gone higher than it. (from Pokémon )
I think that counts for something.

Isn't there a thread for this already in the main games section? =/

I honestly hope that the most we get are Diamond/Pearl ports on the NX, with the wireless tweaked to work with the NX's capabilities and the online play to work through Nintendo Network. Considering that DS games are already available on the Wii U's Virtual Console service, which is meant to be future-proof (hence the lack of non-Pokémon 3DS VC releases), I don't see any reason for full remakes to be honest.

Kinda agree with this, I don't think D/P remakes have quite the same level of demand/hype around them the way there was a demand for R/S remakes.

I'm not saying the remakes suck or there shouldn't be a remake. I was merely pointing out that during the interview for ORAS, some of those developers kind of imply that they did not plan for ORAS at all originally, so DP remakes is not likely in their agenda right now. Also, going from past experience, they only remake on set of games on a new console. Since ORAS just took the 3ds spot, my guess is that they are going to hold DP remakes until next console.

Also, despite what some here have said about DP not having the same love for it, and nostalgia behind it, that may also be a generational gap.
Diamond and Pearl were the best selling Pokemon games since Gold and Silver, and even up to now the newer games have not gone higher than it. (from Pokémon )
I think that counts for something.
It definitely does count and you are absolutely right about it being a generational gap. Right now all the kids that are in late high school and college were the generation that was impacted most by RSE era in their childhood. Wait about 3 years and those kids that experienced pokemon's critical period of influence during the 4th generation will be hungry enough to start being online and voicing their opinions on what they want as customers. As for the sales, DP were truly a force of nature, the Adele of the pokemon industry if you will. And does it still deserve that accomplishment? Absolutely! One might argue the monster sales were only a product of the DS being in its peak position of general public interest, but that would simply be an skeptic generalization. It was the 4th generation that brought wireless communication through wifi to the series, trading, talking, or battling.

Gen 4 was my first generation, so I am an example of what I'm talking about here. I can't wait for their remakes, and even if Gamefreak doesn't have it planned right now, it's gonna happen just like how ORAS became a priority. Not on the 3DS though, I do imagine the remakes continue their pattern of skipping a console before happening...

If DP is remade watch them not include Platinum's additions like how ORAS ignored Emerald and everyone complain yet again.

I'm sure that D/P will be remade at some point, but I don't know about them doing so in this generation. The 3DS systems still support DS games. With the other remakes, they were made well after new handheld systems came out that couldn't support the original games. I don't think that we'll get D/P remakes until whatever system comes after the 3DS, which will probably be in the next generation. I liked D/P, although Platinum definitely had better areas, more Pokemon available and more to the storyline, there are plenty of fourth generation Pokemon I like and Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions to explore, so remakes would be pretty cool. It would be kind of weird since I was a teenager when they came out, but it would still be fun to experience the games again.

Can't really see them remaking DP for the 3DS. The system still can play gen IV games and the graphics are still good.
So since Sun and Moon are still 3DS titles and since remakes only happen after generations begin, the earliest year for the remakes would be 2019 and that would follow the 5 years pattern of the remakes so I predict that year for D&P remakes.

For me, I like the region. It have some flaws, but I still like it more than Kanto or Unova.

I'm leaning more towards DP remakes being in Generation 8, though they would work well with Sun and Moon imo, but then there's OR/AS.

I think it's too early for DP remakes.

DP will be 10 years old this year. By next year which is the earliest we might get remakes they would be 11 years old, so I don't see it being too early.

DP will be 10 years old this year. By next year which is the earliest we might get remakes they would be 11 years old, so I don't see it being too early.
It's not too early in terms of actual years, but in terms of hardware generations. We're only one console removed from the DS, and the 3DS can still play the original Diamond and Pearl games. There's not much reason to remake games that can still be played on the current handheld.

It's not too early in terms of actual years, but in terms of hardware generations. We're only one console removed from the DS, and the 3DS can still play the original Diamond and Pearl games. There's not much reason to remake games that can still be played on the current handheld.

The NX is rumored to come out this year. So by next year we would have a new hardware platform.

The NX is rumored to come out this year. So by next year we would have a new hardware platform.
Gen VII is going to be on the 3DS, though. They wouldn't split a Gen between consoles, so Gen VIII is probably the earliest we could expect to see Gen IV remakes.

And even if the NX is coming out this year DP remakes won't happen soon. Gen VII is on the 3DS, so even if we asume Gen VII to only last 2 years would mean at least 3 years from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom