• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Bikes will return. They were in the originals so they would be brought back for the remakes. Poke Ride is more of a SM exclusive feature.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Is there still a chance that DP remake will happen 2017 along with Pokemon Star or Do we wait for DP remake in 2018 because of Pokemon Star, What do you think?

Reaction score
Is there still a chance that DP remake will happen 2017 along with Pokemon Star or Do we wait for DP remake in 2018 because of Pokemon Star, What do you think?
Pokemon Star is just a rumor so it is not considered real. DP remakes could happen but it depends on GF.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
Let gamefreak work out the kinks with stars so they can make a DP game on the switch that doesn't run like shit.

PK.......
Reaction score
Let gamefreak work out the kinks with stars so they can make a DP game on the switch that doesn't run like shit.
If Stars truly comes out then I have a bigger reason to buy the Switch. (Future Pokemon games on there). Unfortunately it costs almost double the price of the 3DS, so there is no way I am going to cough up that much money in the next few months
Also, yeh I do agree the DP remakes should be held off for a bit. Not the biggest fan of the games, but would love to see a remake within the next 10 years or so.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that DP remakes are next. There's so much evidence in favor of them. There are also some hints to Gen 4 remakes in SM, like there were hints to HGSS in DP and ORAS in XY.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I think that DP remakes are next. There's so much evidence in favor of them. There are also some hints to Gen 4 remakes in SM, like there were hints to HGSS in DP and ORAS in XY.
Wait a minute RileyXY1 RileyXY1, didn't you say Pokemon Star in 2017, and DP remake for next year, now your saying DP remake is next (which is 2017), what are you saying? are you changing your sides or what?
If Stars truly comes out then I have a bigger reason to buy the Switch. (Future Pokemon games on there). Unfortunately it costs almost double the price of the 3DS, so there is no way I am going to cough up that much money in the next few months
Also, yeh I do agree the DP remakes should be held off for a bit. Not the biggest fan of the games, but would love to see a remake within the next 10 years or so.
I don't think they'll wait that long for DP remake, It's likely next on the list, plus if Pokemon Star be on Nintendo Switch, then i think DP remake will be on 3DS

Reaction score
Can we just stick to the 3DS please? I am really not keen for GF to put other gen 7 games on another handheld. Let Switch have gen 8 but please keep all gen 7 games on 3DS.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Wait a minute RileyXY1 RileyXY1, didn't you say Pokemon Star in 2017, and DP remake for next year, now your saying DP remake is next (which is 2017), what are you saying? are you changing your sides or what?

I don't think they'll wait that long for DP remake, It's likely next on the list, plus if Pokemon Star be on Nintendo Switch, then i think DP remake will be on 3DS
I briefly switched sides due to PurplePegasus RainbowLifeAndLove's convincing arguments. I switched back because of how ridiculous they were.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I briefly switched sides due to PurplePegasus RainbowLifeAndLove's convincing arguments. I switched back because of how ridiculous they were.
Wow I thought I lost you for a minute :) I'm not saying that I don't like PurplePegasus RainbowLifeAndLove argument theory, but it seems a little bias to me, especially he keep changing theory on 2017 or gen 8 will have a break year, DP remake in 2019, and kanto sequel, I know it's just speculation, but we don't know what's going on in the future, plus he just jump right into pokemon star as soon it was mentioned (though, he doesn't know about pokemon star being real or not), not trying to offend you or anything, i'm just expressing my opinion :)
Can we just stick to the 3DS please? I am really not keen for GF to put other gen 7 games on another handheld. Let Switch have gen 8 but please keep all gen 7 games on 3DS.
Right now pokemon star is a rumor, and everybody else is enjoying sun and moon (I know i am ):)

Last edited:
Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Okay. Here's my final predictions:

2017 - Stars
2018 - Break
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels/remakes for the 25th anniversary

Reaction score
Returning to DP remakes topic: if they updated the pokedex then that would be great considering the originals didn't do so well with it. Underground should return but they may do an upgrade to it.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
I'd lol if they introduced sinnoh variants with Ponyta retconned out of being a fire type.

PK.......
Reaction score
2017 - Stars
2018 - Break
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels/remakes for the 25th anniversary
I think Sinnoh would come out in 2019, Gen 8 2020, and Kanto sequels/remakes... well we have FireRed and LeafGreen, and we didn't get a remake for 20th anniversary so that's really unlikely. I do agree there will be a break in 2018

Reaction score
Definitely not next year. Probably not in this generation either.
You know for certain? For all we know, Stars would turn out fake and they reveal DP remakes instead. But they definitely not releasing one third version and remakes at the same time.

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
You know for certain? For all we know, Stars would turn out fake and they reveal DP remakes instead. But they definitely not releasing one third version and remakes at the same time.
Eurogamer has a good track record with this kind of thing and there's been a ton of good discussion about how and why it would happen. As I see it it's a pretty safe bet to make.