• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
真実の英雄
Reaction score
Why are we so sure 4th region is happening next year? I ask because I don't doubt the possibility and understand either of you could be right, but haven't researched this topic much. I just know remakes will happen, for sure.
My guess is that it's because OR/AS were announced and released within a year after X/Y. So the same could happen with Sinnoh remakes. They could be announced early/mid 2017 and released late 2017/early 2018.

With the Stars rumor I'm not too sure about this now.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I did some digging myself and found out that Kalos has the least Pokemon in Sun and Moon.

Here are the results (answers have been rounded):
Kanto: 86/302 = 28%
Johto: 30/302 = 10%
Hoenn: 34/302 = 11%
Sinnoh: 29/302 = 10%
Unova: 30/302 = 10%
Kalos: 12/302 = 4%
Alola: 81/302 = 27%

The twelve Kalos Pokemon:
Carbink
Sylveon
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Talonflame
Goomy
Sliggoo
Goodra
Phantump
Trevenant
Klefki
Zygarde
That points more towards Kalos than anything else. For everything from Kalos they did include in this game there's so much more they didn't.

Suiren's #1 Fan!
Reaction score
My guess is that it's because OR/AS were announced and released within a year after X/Y. So the same could happen with Sinnoh remakes. They could be announced early/mid 2017 and released late 2017/early 2018.

With the Stars rumor I'm not too sure about this now.
Oh, I get it! I'd love to see a remake sooner or later since its been so long since I played Gen 4, but I'm in no rush. I just hope it releases before 2020.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion. DP remakes should have better improvements with mega evolution existing and so on.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion.
This statement makes absolutely no sense.
First, just because, in your opinion, Stars isn't being made, doesn't mean it isn't.
Second, that's not a reason for Kalos to not be in Stars.
Instead you could say:
"I don't think they're making Stars, but if they were, I wouldn't want/don't think Kalos will be in it."

Suiren's #1 Fan!
Reaction score
Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion. DP remakes should have better improvements with mega evolution existing and so on.
We'll see. I could see Stars happening, but its a possibility that it won't also. D/P remakes are bound, no matter what. Just depends when.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Oh. Sorry about that. I was a little confused. I copy pasted #4 from PokeCommunity.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I see only really two actual hints for Sinnoh remakes. The RKS System with Type: Null and Sylvally and the different dimension.

So not really much for it then. The rest of the "hints" are really vague and not really anything.

Reaction score
This statement makes absolutely no sense.
First, just because, in your opinion, Stars isn't being made, doesn't mean it isn't.
Second, that's not a reason for Kalos to not be in Stars.
Instead you could say:
"I don't think they're making Stars, but if they were, I wouldn't want/don't think Kalos will be in it."
Why would Kalos be in Stars? It was completed in XY so it doesn't need to come back. If Stars is real then I hope the bit about it being a Switch exclusive is false so that I and other 3DS users can get it.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't say Kalos was going to be in Stars. You were implying that it wouldn't be in Stars.

Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't say Kalos was going to be in Stars. You were implying that it wouldn't be in Stars.
Even so, Kalos and Alola are too far away from each other. So it is natural to assume that Kalos wouldn't be in the Stars game.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
I just want to say none of the gen 3,4, or 6 games revealed conclusive evidence on the existence of remakes in those games so saying that type null/the allusions to sinnoh myths etc doesn't count is just as fallible as those who adamantly argue that DP remakes are confirmed next year because they are.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
I see you conveniently forgot about Wally.
Not redesigning Wally makes sense though, as the kid just got a redesign.

Cynthia however hasn't gotten a redesign in 10 years, while all the others (some from newer games) in the Battle Tree do. You gotta admit that's suspicious.

Though with the Stars rumor going on now, I doubt we're getting Sinnoh remakes next. Let it be the next thing after Stars then :p

Last edited:
Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I can't wait to see if Cynthia gets a redesign, if they decide to remake the Gen IV games. I'm still excited for a full rematch with the Pokemon Queen herself and that Mega Garchomp.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Why would Kalos be in Stars? It was completed in XY so it doesn't need to come back. If Stars is real then I hope the bit about it being a Switch exclusive is false so that I and other 3DS users can get it.
By the same logic, we didn't need FRLG, HGSS, ORAS, BW2 because Red and Green, Gold Silver, RS and BW contributed enough to their respective regions.