• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
So far fan been speculating that we'll get DP remake in 2019, because of the pattern of each remake and new game system, I believe DP remake won't happen in 2019, as for Pokemon Star, we still don't anything about it so far, we don't if it's third version game or a codenamed for sun and moon. For all we know if GF do a pokemon game in 2017, we might be surprise on what it is, it's either a DP remake, Pokemon Star rumour, a sequel, or a break year with just a spin-off. We might see what happen next year
Just because gen 5 had none, it doesn't mean gen 7 would be the same. GF is breaking patterns and surprising us. DP remakes could happen.
I agree, I don't think Gen 7 is Gen 5 again, if it was Gen 5 all over again, we probably get only alolan pokemon instead of bring back old one, like they did in Gen 5. Plus like Arceus the Dragon Arceus the Dragon says if they want to do DP remake in Gen 7, we're not going to stop them, plus like he says they break the pattern, so I don't think they'll follow that pattern and wait till 2019 to release DP remake
I think in general, there's still more demand for DP remakes than there is... anti-demand? It just hasn't been long enough for that demand to grow very loud like it did for the Hoenn games, where the hype didn't really become focused until 2011/2012, and grew even louder in 2013, and then out the remakes popped in 2014. Granted, I don't think that the Sinnoh Confirmed "meme" will go as far as the Hoenn Confirmed one did. But another thing to keep in mind is that the rate of technical advancement within the series has been steadily accelerating. You know, there's more of a gap between what the GBA was able to do and what the 3DS was able to do. There's considerably less of a gap between the DS and the 3DS. So even though it's been roughly the same number of years since DPP as there were between RSE and ORAS, the Sinnoh games are still more "recent." Or, to put it another way, DPP may not be more chronologically recent, but they are more technologically recent.

Also, a remake could take steps to address peoples' issues with the originals, much in the way that ORAS made an effort to cut down on the prominence of Hoenn's frustrating, repetitive water routes. I think it'd be unreasonable for Game Freak to dismiss this potential of remakes out-of-hand. When you're looking back at an older game that is distanced by several successive releases, it's easier to see what worked and what didn't, and how you could have gone about it in a way that perhaps could have been better, if only you'd had the capabilities and the awareness that you have now.
Yeah that's true, we likely to get DP remake at some point, just because the fan don't want it, Doesn't mean it's going toe happen, people didn't want Gen 3 Remake, but look we got Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in 2014. The only thing GF cares about making "Money", they make money off these games, I don't think GF would following the fan's request on not doing a remake, that's GF decision

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
So, if Gen IV is remade this generation, do you think they might put in the Battle Tree like they did with HGSS and the Battle Frontier and ORAS and the Battle Maison?

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
So, if Gen IV is remade this generation, do you think they might put in the Battle Tree like they did with HGSS and the Battle Frontier and ORAS and the Battle Maison?
Maybe, I hope so. Hey RileyXY1 RileyXY1, name some of the new stuff in Sun and Moon, and old stuff from the previous games do you want to see in DP remake

Reaction score
The battle tree is just the same copy paste from the Battle Tower, Battle Subway (shudder) and Battle Maison.

I think Battle Royale was a nice concept, I'd like to see passed down, although some NPC says its based on the 4 guardians. Also I don't understand why the match ends when the first person loses all their Pokemon, that person should be ranked 4th and then it carries on until there's only 1 person left standing. I'd hope to see that rule change if it was passed down into new games.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Maybe, I hope so. Hey RileyXY1 RileyXY1, name some of the new stuff in Sun and Moon, and old stuff from the previous games do you want to see in DP remake
Poke Ride
SOS Battles
Z-Moves
Mega Evolution
Inverse Battles
Hyper Training
Trainer Customization
Poke Finder
Festival Plaza
Battle Royal
QR Scanner

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Battle Tree is harder than Maison so I don't want it in DP remakes. They probably give the remakes some kind of facility.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Battle Tree is harder than Maison so I don't want it in DP remakes. They probably give the remakes some kind of facility.
Those are type of reasons why I don't mess with any battle facilities, GF should have just give a better post-story without the Battle Facility, I mean What's the point of a Battle Froniter, or Battle Tree anyway?

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I want to see Sinnoh remakes eventually. But not in 2017. It feels too early after the last remakes, ORAS. The gap of 5 years between remakes feels just right.

Long enough for the previous remakes to settle, demand for the next remakes to build up and for technology to advance to make a graphical improvement from the original pair.

Reaction score
Well there is always sequels which sells more than a standard third version in my opinion. But Gen 4 remakes would come one way or another.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I want to see Sinnoh remakes eventually. But not in 2017. It feels too early after the last remakes, ORAS. The gap of 5 years between remakes feels just right.

Long enough for the previous remakes to settle, demand for the next remakes to build up and for technology to advance to make a graphical improvement from the original pair.
We know GF wouldn't follow that pattern, they'll eventually break the pattern, We just have to see what happens in 2017, if we get DP remake, that fine, if we get Pokemon Star or a sun and moon sequel that's fine too, The only thing we need to focus is what game will it come out in 2017
Well there is always sequels which sells more than a standard third version in my opinion. But Gen 4 remakes would come one way or another.
Main games and Remake do sell a lot better than third versions and sequel, because third version is just an expansion from the original and sequel is likely the same thing as third version, but with a different story and different characters

WereArcanineMon
Reaction score
I hoped we'd get another remake for 3DS only for them to have more time do develop a new engine for Switch and make it amazing, but rumors say otherwise...

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I hoped we'd get another remake for 3DS only for them to have more time do develop a new engine for Switch and make it amazing, but rumors say otherwise...
We might get DP remake on 3DS, since sun and moon started off on 3DS, and as for switch, they sholud just wait till gen 8 for switch, they always started off with a new gen on a brand new system

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS would be stretching its capabilities even more than Sun and Moon. The graphical jump wouldn't be all that significant.

Compare GB -> GBA, GBC -> DS, GBA -> 3DS. All three made a extravagant leap in graphics.

A jump from DS -> 3DS wouldn't feel like a big enough graphical change. It would have been the same if Hoenn remakes happened in Gen 5 (GBA -> DS).

Reaction score
3DS can handle SM so DP remakes would be no problem for it. Yes, remakes happen on different handhelds to each other but it doesn't mean it has to be like that this time.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
3DS can handle SM so DP remakes would be no problem for it. Yes, remakes happen on different handhelds to each other but it doesn't mean it has to be like that this time.
yeah, we know GF wouldn't follow the pattern of each system for remakes, so we likely to see DP remake in 2017 on 3DS, but we don't know anything on Pokemon star, we don't know if it;s real or not

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
If you want to play DP on your DS so bad just buy a cartridge off the Internet and plug it into your 3DS.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Sinnoh remakes may be possible on the 3DS. But are they plausible? Definitely not!

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
The "remakes must be on a new console" pattern can be broken just like almost every other pattern in the series you know.