• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let gamefreak work out the kinks with stars so they can make a DP game on the switch that doesn't run like shit.

Let gamefreak work out the kinks with stars so they can make a DP game on the switch that doesn't run like shit.
If Stars truly comes out then I have a bigger reason to buy the Switch. (Future Pokemon games on there). Unfortunately it costs almost double the price of the 3DS, so there is no way I am going to cough up that much money in the next few months
Also, yeh I do agree the DP remakes should be held off for a bit. Not the biggest fan of the games, but would love to see a remake within the next 10 years or so.

I think that DP remakes are next. There's so much evidence in favor of them. There are also some hints to Gen 4 remakes in SM, like there were hints to HGSS in DP and ORAS in XY.

I think that DP remakes are next. There's so much evidence in favor of them. There are also some hints to Gen 4 remakes in SM, like there were hints to HGSS in DP and ORAS in XY.
Wait a minute @RileyXY1, didn't you say Pokemon Star in 2017, and DP remake for next year, now your saying DP remake is next (which is 2017), what are you saying? are you changing your sides or what?
If Stars truly comes out then I have a bigger reason to buy the Switch. (Future Pokemon games on there). Unfortunately it costs almost double the price of the 3DS, so there is no way I am going to cough up that much money in the next few months
Also, yeh I do agree the DP remakes should be held off for a bit. Not the biggest fan of the games, but would love to see a remake within the next 10 years or so.
I don't think they'll wait that long for DP remake, It's likely next on the list, plus if Pokemon Star be on Nintendo Switch, then i think DP remake will be on 3DS

Can we just stick to the 3DS please? I am really not keen for GF to put other gen 7 games on another handheld. Let Switch have gen 8 but please keep all gen 7 games on 3DS.

Wait a minute @RileyXY1, didn't you say Pokemon Star in 2017, and DP remake for next year, now your saying DP remake is next (which is 2017), what are you saying? are you changing your sides or what?

I don't think they'll wait that long for DP remake, It's likely next on the list, plus if Pokemon Star be on Nintendo Switch, then i think DP remake will be on 3DS
I briefly switched sides due to @RainbowLifeAndLove's convincing arguments. I switched back because of how ridiculous they were.

I briefly switched sides due to @RainbowLifeAndLove's convincing arguments. I switched back because of how ridiculous they were.
Wow I thought I lost you for a minute :) I'm not saying that I don't like @RainbowLifeAndLove argument theory, but it seems a little bias to me, especially he keep changing theory on 2017 or gen 8 will have a break year, DP remake in 2019, and kanto sequel, I know it's just speculation, but we don't know what's going on in the future, plus he just jump right into pokemon star as soon it was mentioned (though, he doesn't know about pokemon star being real or not), not trying to offend you or anything, i'm just expressing my opinion :)
Can we just stick to the 3DS please? I am really not keen for GF to put other gen 7 games on another handheld. Let Switch have gen 8 but please keep all gen 7 games on 3DS.
Right now pokemon star is a rumor, and everybody else is enjoying sun and moon (I know i am ):)

Last edited:
Okay. Here's my final predictions:

2017 - Stars
2018 - Break
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels/remakes for the 25th anniversary

Returning to DP remakes topic: if they updated the pokedex then that would be great considering the originals didn't do so well with it. Underground should return but they may do an upgrade to it.

I'd lol if they introduced sinnoh variants with Ponyta retconned out of being a fire type.

2017 - Stars
2018 - Break
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels/remakes for the 25th anniversary
I think Sinnoh would come out in 2019, Gen 8 2020, and Kanto sequels/remakes... well we have FireRed and LeafGreen, and we didn't get a remake for 20th anniversary so that's really unlikely. I do agree there will be a break in 2018

Definitely not next year. Probably not in this generation either.
You know for certain? For all we know, Stars would turn out fake and they reveal DP remakes instead. But they definitely not releasing one third version and remakes at the same time.

You know for certain? For all we know, Stars would turn out fake and they reveal DP remakes instead. But they definitely not releasing one third version and remakes at the same time.

Eurogamer has a good track record with this kind of thing and there's been a ton of good discussion about how and why it would happen. As I see it it's a pretty safe bet to make.

I want to see the Distortion World in 3D if they allow it to be in DP remakes.

That's true, since we haven't gotten a 3rd game since Platinum.
But hey, Game Freak may change it up a bit
But still, I'm looking forward to the DP remakes

Personally I would really like a reboot of the series instead.

Something that remake Gen 1 with today's visuals but with new redesign for each Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom