• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ruby and Sapphire had the Emerald "update," and yet the remakes were still of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald.
I wanna see a remake of Platinum more more than original DP, but going off of past trends, I am not getting my hopes up at all.
Quite a late answer.

ORAS had Emerald elements into it, but not all of them. BF is missing, also the leader rematches. It felt more like ORAS had half of the Emerald features and half new stuff like the E4 rematches, soaring and the delta episode. As a Ruby/Sapphire remake, ORAS was a good remake. As an update for the original gen 3 games including Eemerald, it was on par with Emerald -> mediocre remake. HG/SS beeing better than Crystal wasn't hard since Crystal didn't introduced many new features and was arguably the weakest third version. Also the plot of crystal was an extra to the standard plot of GS, so it wasn't hard to implement them into HG/SS. Emeralds plot was different of R/S, since Rayquaza took the role as the main legendary of the game. OR/AS were remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald. The msot extras of Emerald was in the Delta episode. The Magma/Aqua battles in Moosdepp City, the plot of Rayquaza and even the Wallace battle in Emerald was in ORAS with hios original Emerald team.

And it will be similiar to DP. The cover pokemon of DP are Dialga and Palkia, not Giratina. The whole Giratina stuff including the Distortion world will probably be packed into a "Platinum episode" after the main story, especially since there weren't many story changes in Platinum. The whole Platinum story extra, including the battle with Cyrus in Celestial Town should be easy to implement into the standard DP story, since it doesn't involve Giratina in it. So either way the remakes are gonna fell like DP with some Platinum extra in it. The same as OR/AS. Maybe there will be the BF in those games. Platinum felt more like a gameplay improving game with more pokemon in the dex, better graphics, better speed and some more improvements on existing features rather than a game with more features than the originals. Emerald was the only third version IMO with a completly overhaul of the plot and region.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I don't like it. Lusamine should be a one off thing. And they need to stick to the original story of DP as much as possible.
I agree, having a human and pokemon fusing together is weird, that's the whole purpose of Z-move and Mega evolution. But Synchro Evolution/Bond Phenomenon is not physically fusing, it's human merging you soul and feeling into the pokemon, transforming the pokemon that resembles the trainer. But if the pokemon take damage the trainer will feel pain
The sequel would be an interesting way to turn things around, for sure. But I wouldn't mind either, as long as the games are good.
We probably likely to get remake, but after the remake, we might likely to get a sequel to the remake, how's that?
Quite a late answer.

ORAS had Emerald elements into it, but not all of them. BF is missing, also the leader rematches. It felt more like ORAS had half of the Emerald features and half new stuff like the E4 rematches, soaring and the delta episode. As a Ruby/Sapphire remake, ORAS was a good remake. As an update for the original gen 3 games including Eemerald, it was on par with Emerald -> mediocre remake. HG/SS beeing better than Crystal wasn't hard since Crystal didn't introduced many new features and was arguably the weakest third version. Also the plot of crystal was an extra to the standard plot of GS, so it wasn't hard to implement them into HG/SS. Emeralds plot was different of R/S, since Rayquaza took the role as the main legendary of the game. OR/AS were remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald. The msot extras of Emerald was in the Delta episode. The Magma/Aqua battles in Moosdepp City, the plot of Rayquaza and even the Wallace battle in Emerald was in ORAS with hios original Emerald team.

And it will be similiar to DP. The cover pokemon of DP are Dialga and Palkia, not Giratina. The whole Giratina stuff including the Distortion world will probably be packed into a "Platinum episode" after the main story, especially since there weren't many story changes in Platinum. The whole Platinum story extra, including the battle with Cyrus in Celestial Town should be easy to implement into the standard DP story, since it doesn't involve Giratina in it. So either way the remakes are gonna fell like DP with some Platinum extra in it. The same as OR/AS. Maybe there will be the BF in those games. Platinum felt more like a gameplay improving game with more pokemon in the dex, better graphics, better speed and some more improvements on existing features rather than a game with more features than the originals. Emerald was the only third version IMO with a completly overhaul of the plot and region.
Quite a late answer.

I can see GF would do something they did like ORAS, but I don't think they'll remake the third game, they only remake the originals. How about if we get sequel to DP remake, it'll probably be like B2 and W2, so what do you think of DP sequels to DP remake?

Last edited:
Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I have no hope for the BF in DP remakes. They probably pull a Battle Resort stunt or something.

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score
I don't like it. Lusamine should be a one off thing. And they need to stick to the original story of DP as much as possible.
When I think about 'bad gaming', I think of bugs, bad user interfaces, glitches and 'false difficulty' among other things. You can create a great game with no plot, or a game that's entirely plot. But a game having a plot twist you don't like isn't really 'bad gaming'. Even if the game is loyal to the original DP, it is likely to have some extra new plot content anyway, even if it's just something small.

We probably likely to get remake, but after the remake, we might likely to get a sequel to the remake, how's that?
It would be nice, but rather unlikely.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
When I think about 'bad gaming', I think of bugs, bad user interfaces, glitches and 'false difficulty' among other things. You can create a great game with no plot, or a game that's entirely plot. But a game having a plot twist you don't like isn't really 'bad gaming'. Even if the game is loyal to the original DP, it is likely to have some extra new plot content anyway, even if it's just something small.

It would be nice, but rather unlikely.
Well we never had a sequel to remake, they could done that in ORAS, it would be cool if we got a sequel to remake, who knows GF would change things up, like pokemon stars third game to sun and moon, which we haven't had since pokemon platinum

Me am stalking bug
Reaction score
But it's still kind of obvious what I meant?
Should I edit the previous message so other people won't get confused?
Like I said, it's just a bit misworded. My OCD refuses to let me ignore it, so...

Reaction score
Well we never had a sequel to remake, they could done that in ORAS, it would be cool if we got a sequel to remake, who knows GF would change things up, like pokemon stars third game to sun and moon, which we haven't had since pokemon platinum
A sequel in or to a remake would be interesting. Although I think we will get one or the other.
As I mention, I still think Team Galactic could be the villains in the sequels, but 'deviant' or 'rogue' members who intend on using the research for what they weren't meant to be used for. Which could be highly dangerous in regards to the alternate universe theory and the idea of infinity energy.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I think Pokemon fusion would be a better idea for a new generation if they want to expand on the concept, Cyrus using it in DP remakes wouldn't have quite the same impact since it would just be copying what Lusamine did essentially.

Storyline wise, I do think there's a lot of potential for a connection between Giratina and the Distortion World and the Ultra Beasts. The parallels are impossible to ignore. But it doesn't have to end the same way as SM did.

Reaction score
What? There is nothing connecting Giratina and the Distortion world with Ultra Beasts. Both are entirely different. I sincerely hope pokemon fusion never comes to light in my opinion.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
Pokemon fusion already happened in BW2. But I guess its fine back then since it already happened.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Pokemon fusion already happened in BW2. But I guess its fine back then since it already happened.
As a large scale feature, no it hasn't. It's only been one Pokemon with the ability to fuse with one of two others. Additionally, the idea is for the trainers to fuse with their Pokemon, which so far has only happened to two NPCs in the series. That's never been an actual gameplay mechanic.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
As a large scale feature, no it hasn't. It's only been one Pokemon with the ability to fuse with one of two others. Additionally, the idea is for the trainers to fuse with their Pokemon, which so far has only happened to two NPCs in the series. That's never been an actual gameplay mechanic.
I wouldn't mind more fusion bosses. They could be what people thought UBs would be- overpowered humons that don't need to be balanced for PVP.

Am I getting dabbed on by a Stunfisk?
Reaction score
In my opinion, human/Pokémon fusion is the kinda of idea that's so silly to the point that it only really works for stuff like bombastic villain climaxes. So personally, I'd rather not see it be turned into a full-on mechanic. I think it makes sense for Cyrus (though do note - I'd still prefer it more if it were kept exclusive to the one instance it's been in), because his whole aim is to make the power of the Sinnoh deities his own. In my head, the physical logistics of his plan to remake the universe flow well with the image of him merging with one of the deities. For me it goes back to something I've thought about before (the problem is, I doubt Game Freak put any thought into it at all) - which is, if Cyrus was going to command Dialga/Palkia to break down the universe and create a new one... how exactly is he supposed to survive that, and from where does he oversee the creation of his new universe? Will they just like... shield him in a bubble? That's a humorous picture in my head. At least if he merges with the Pokémon, it makes sense in that he's now fused with an extradimensional being and is in direct control of its universe-shaping powers.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
In my opinion, human/Pokémon fusion is the kinda of idea that's so silly to the point that it only really works for stuff like bombastic villain climaxes. So personally, I'd rather not see it be turned into a full-on mechanic. I think it makes sense for Cyrus (though do note - I'd still prefer it more if it were kept exclusive to the one instance it's been in), because his whole aim is to make the power of the Sinnoh deities his own. In my head, the physical logistics of his plan to remake the universe flow well with the image of him merging with one of the deities. For me it goes back to something I've thought about before (the problem is, I doubt Game Freak put any thought into it at all) - which is, if Cyrus was going to command Dialga/Palkia to break down the universe and create a new one... how exactly is he supposed to survive that, and from where does he oversee the creation of his new universe? Will they just like... shield him in a bubble? That's a humorous picture in my head. At least if he merges with the Pokémon, it makes sense in that he's now fused with an extradimensional being and is in direct control of its universe-shaping powers.
Eh, not necessarily. They could justify it similar to how they do in Steven Universe, making it a power boost that works when two beings are in sync with each other. In Pokemon, Fusion would be the ultimate bond between trainer and Pokemon, to the point where their bond is so strong that it allows them to physically merge with each other and combine their power. I think if they brand it that way it wouldn't be seen as ridiculous.

Anyway, in regards to DPPt's story, it kinda does make sense the way you mention, but it's still a rehash of Lusamine to some degree.

Reaction score
Human fusing with pokemon is a terrible idea that should be left for fanfiction in my opinion. I am pretty certain gen 4 remakes won't have that kind of thing and I would be grateful for that.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
When did this become a thread about human/Pokemon fusion? Now, back to the topic of Gen IV remakes. Would you like to use DP's dex or Platinum's?

Reaction score
Eh, not necessarily. They could justify it similar to how they do in Steven Universe, making it a power boost that works when two beings are in sync with each other. In Pokemon, Fusion would be the ultimate bond between trainer and Pokemon, to the point where their bond is so strong that it allows them to physically merge with each other and combine their power. I think if they brand it that way it wouldn't be seen as ridiculous.

Anyway, in regards to DPPt's story, it kinda does make sense the way you mention, but it's still a rehash of Lusamine to some degree.
I don't think it'll be a 'game mechanic' as such, It'll probably just be used for plot twists and character development outside of game play.
Or 'Cyrus is pretty much Pokemon's version of the Devil at this, even more than Giratina was, he is powerful and that is terrifying.'
Weirdly enough, since 'fusion' does demand so connection with the Pokemon you fuse with, Cyrus probably couldn't fuse with Arceus and become his 'own god' but he could possibly abuse Giratina's powers and force Arceus to fuse with someone he personally has a connection to, and control Arceus that way?

Improbable? Yes.
Horrifying? Absolutely.

Last edited: