• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
If we're not getting new megas, we'll likely to see Z-forms, for all we know if some of the stuff from the rumor leaks were scrapped from sun and moon, we probably see it in Stars
If we're not getting new Megas, then we're done with battle form changes for a while. You just won't let this Z-Forms go, hey? :p

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Paid Unova Shill
Reaction score
If we're not getting new megas, we'll likely to see Z-forms, for all we know if some of the stuff from the rumor leaks were scrapped from sun and moon, we probably see it in Stars
The rumors that talked "Z-Forms" were all struck down. The only credible one that sort of mentioned them was the Chinese leak, but with the way it was worded, for all we know it could have been referring to the tapu (who enclose themselves in their shells when they use their Z-Move).

Lillie's so-called "Z-Powered Form" is just a signifier of her character development - it's the appearance she decides for herself after she claims independence from her mother. It's not a new mechanic or anything.

Last edited:
Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
There was an interview with some spanish magazine where Masuda mentioned that they've been getting requests for DP remakes over twitter.

Wonder how many tweets hoenn remakes got before they decided to unveil ORAS.

Me am stalking bug
Reaction score
I wonder, if they do go through with Diamond and Pearl remakes, if they'll have it so Cyrus' actions is what brought the universe to the Ultra Beast's particular attention.

After all, when you're trying to get home and someone summons two Gods who can travel through dimensions, one deliberately, you're gonna want to get in and have a see if they can help you. I mean, there's reports of Ultra Beasts popping up throughout history, but Dialga was also there, so what happened probably echoed up and down the timeline. Perhaps the Pokémon world looks like a giant glow-stick to them now...

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
DP remakes could have a combo of new mega evolutions and exclusive Z moves.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I'm excited for DP remakes. I hope they don't remake Kanto. Gen I has been shoved down our throats for 4 years now and we are sick of it.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I am actually hoping more for Kanto sequels than Sinnoh remakes. That's so we can finally have an updated, not remade, Kanto and maybe Johto.

Sinnoh remakes feel still too early for me despite Platinum being 8 years old.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
DP will be 11 years old next year, older than RB and GS when they got their remakes (8 years for RB and 10 years for GS).

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
And RS was 12 years when ORAS came out. So what's your point?
I think @RileyXY1 trying to say is that GF would wait till 2019 (which is 14 years) to do DP remake, it could either release in 2017 or 2018, I would say 2017 because of the Star rumor, everybody was talking, I would say 2018
I am actually hoping more for Kanto sequels than Sinnoh remakes. That's so we can finally have an updated, not remade, Kanto and maybe Johto.

Sinnoh remakes feel still too early for me despite Platinum being 8 years old.
We might see Kanto sequel in the future like maybe 2019 or 2020, Plus GF always remake the original gens, They already remake Red and Green, Gold and Silver, and Ruby and Sapphire, looks like Diamond and Pearl are next on the list, as for Platinum, we'll not likely see platinum have a remake, because GF always remake the original , not the third game