• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
I am actually hoping more for Kanto sequels than Sinnoh remakes. That's so we can finally have an updated, not remade, Kanto and maybe Johto.

Sinnoh remakes feel still too early for me despite Platinum being 8 years old.
But you got an updated Kanto already.

It's called HGSS.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
But you got an updated Kanto already.

It's called HGSS.
That's a remake of Johto. Kanto's story, if it could be called one, hasn't been explored since LGFR which is now 12 years old. I know that we just got the Virtual Console releases, but that's why a sequel would be better.

Anyway, Sinnoh remakes will probably happen at some time. Just a matter of when.

"You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!"
Reaction score
I would prefer a Sinnoh remake. Kanto's been shoved down our throats way too much lately.
I feel like Pokemon have done a lot to please Kanto fans recently. So I doubt we'll get Kanto remakes this gen at least.

We might get one in Gen 8 along side possibly Gen 5 remakes. Since Gen 5 is when a lot of Pokemon changed.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
Kanto has been shoved down our faces lately. DP remakes should happen first in my opinion. Plus Kanto has a poor story and post game. I doubt that it can ever be fixed in near future.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
Considering Rowan's area of expertise is in evolutions I'd hope for more mega evolutions as well as cross gen evolutions.

Maybe for certain really underwhelming lines they could get a new evolution and a mega.
Cross-gen evolutions, if they ever happen again, are reserved for new generations. However, I could see them bringing back Mega Evolution to the center at least temporarily. No only is Prof. Rowan interested in Evolution (would would logically extend to Mega Evolution), but Prof. Sycamore actually studied under him. If there's ever a chance for more Megas, Sinnoh would be the perfect place for it.

Also, focusing on Z-Moves in Sinnoh would just feel out-of-place unless they retcon Rowan to study moves instead of evolution, which would contradict why Sycamore would study under Rowan in the first place. Plus, there's not much exclusive Z-Moves can offer hype-wise compared to the marketing potential of Mega Evolution. I just don't see Z-Moves being a big selling point for Sinnoh remakes, especially since it would feel out-of-place without drastically altering the way Sinnoh is presented.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Let's see...
Luxray (obviously), Machamp, Floatzel, Toxicroak, Milotic, Gliscor, and Electivire. Maybe.

Reaction score
Mega Luxray as Electric/Dark makes it more weak due to several added weaknesses. Keep it pure Electric.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Mega Luxray as Electric/Dark makes it more weak due to several added weaknesses. Keep it pure Electric.
More weaknesses doesn't mean that it's less useful. Eelektross, a pure Electric-type, has no weaknesses thanks to Levitate. But I don't see people using him often.

Another example is Tyranitar who has 7 weaknesses, but is used often in, I believe, sandstorm teams. I am not a competitive battler, so it would help if someone can back me up on this. :)

Reaction score
More weaknesses doesn't mean that it's less useful. Eelektross, a pure Electric-type, has no weaknesses thanks to Levitate. But I don't see people using him often.

Another example is Tyranitar who has 7 weaknesses, but is used often in, I believe, sandstorm teams. I am not a competitive battler, so it would help if someone can back me up on this. :)
Luxray is frail so it doesn't need more types to exploit it's weaknesses.

Maybe sort of alive
Reaction score
Not every type combination has to be good competitively; after all, we do spend a lot of time just playing the game solo.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Here's my idea for Mega Luxray:

More Defense and Special Defense than Special Attack due to Direct Heal.
Atk: 120 -> 140
Def: 79 -> 109
Sp.A: 95 -> 105
Sp.D: 79 -> 109
Spd: 70 -> 80

Ability:
- Tough Claws
- Or Strong Jaw
- Or Direct Heal (Restore 25% of health every time Luxray makes physical contact with the foe)

Reaction score
My idea for Mega Luxray:
Type: Electric
Ability: Thundercloud - ground type moves have no effect.
Attack is increase to 150 and special attack increased to 115. Speed boosted to 100.

Memeber
Reaction score
My idea for Mega-Luxray

Electric-type

Attack is unchanged,
Special Attack will be 120, same as Attack and a 25 point increase
Defense and Special Defense will get 31 points each. Going to 110
Speed will get the last 13 points.

Ability will be Galvanize.

The idea is just a general boost, with Galvanize and the Sp. Atk increase increasing its options.

Also I think that there will be 2 Mythical pokemon to catch in game. One of which is Deoxys and another will be a Gen 4 Mythical (Manaphy is likely due to being needed to access a non-legendary pokemon [Phione]. Darkrai and Arceus are related to other legendaries.)

Reaction score
I'm hoping that the ultra beasts are added into the plot, it feels like something that belongs in sinnoh with the alternate dimensions and what not.

How would you guys feel about dialga palkia giratina and Arceus being retconned into ultra beasts? Maybe with a form that resembles the odd alien like designs like the ultra beasts we do know?