• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

    For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

    Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?


  • Total voters
    147
Paid Unova Shill
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
5,718
Reaction score
14,948
I found yet another Sinnoh remake hint, and it's in the anime, in SM010. The music played during Ash's match against Hala is the Sinnoh Gym Leader music, instead of the Kahuna Battle music.
That's not a Sinnoh "remake hint."
 
[LIMITER] [DISC] [SAVE] [SYSTEM ERROR]
Joined
Jul 23, 2012
Messages
3,122
Reaction score
2,796
The anime reuses a *lot* of music from various Generations. In the SM anime we had a Meloetta song cameo! It doesn't mean anything really, especially since they've already used Kalos music in addition to those other examples.
 
Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2016
Messages
2,664
Reaction score
2,408
I disagree with making the creation trio UBs. UBs are like aliens, they are not related to the Pokémon world, while the creation trio are the ones behind its existence.

I want Sinnoh sequels. The story talks about other dimensions. Maybe Cyrus will try to use the powers of UBs.

I don't like fusion as a game mechanic, but Cyrus is an insane guy, he might try it.
 
Memeber
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
762
Reaction score
405
If the creation trio pre-date the world, then they are in fact alien to it.
Just gonna say that this also extends to most beings that supposedly created the planet or all of existence, though the most relevant would be YHVH, beings that predated the world as we know it also include Ymir (though it'd be more accurate to say he became the earth in the first place) and Odin (who made the forme'rs flesh and blood the earth and oceans) of Norse Myths, the Protogenoi of Greek myths and maybe Bramha (Hinduism). To play devil's advocate here, there are other alien Pokemon that aren't considered Ultra Beasts (Namely Deoxys and the Starmie, Elgyem and Clefairy lines. The former of which dosen't even have Necrozma's excuse)

Also I think part of the problem here is that is perception both in universe and out. Mythologies and Religions are usually formed out of an attempt to understand the world around us. As such they often personify the aspects of existence and nature into personable deities., and that they are also prone to using existing organisms to be revered as such based on their actions. It could stand to reason that under the premise of the Creation Trio and Arsesceus being Ultra beast, one must assume that the ancient residents of Sinnoh would see them exert their ability and think that they would be the gods of time-space as a result. A certain reprehensible man even mentions as such (albeit in reference to Kyurem).

Actually there is an interesting question I want to ask. We all know that Arceus and the Creation trio are related, but the Lake trio seem to be overlooked, despite apparently having the same origin as the creation trio. Would you consider them Ultra beasts as well?
 
Paid Unova Shill
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
5,718
Reaction score
14,948
To play devil's advocate here, there are other alien Pokemon that aren't considered Ultra Beasts (Namely Deoxys and the Starmie, Elgyem and Clefairy lines. The former of which dosen't even have Necrozma's excuse)
Well, the thing with all of those Pokémon (except for Deoxys) is that they are only rumored to be extraterrestrial, due to the odd behavior they exhibit:

> Starmie: "Its unusual body shape, reminiscent of abstract art, led local people to spread rumors that this Pokémon may be an invader from outer space."

> Cleffa: "Because of its unusual, star-like silhouette, people believe that it came here on a meteor."

> Elgyem: "Rumors of its origin are linked to a UFO crash site in the desert 50 years ago."

> Lunatone: "Lunatone was discovered at a location where a meteoroid fell. As a result, some people theorize that this Pokémon came from space. However, no one has been able to prove this theory so far."

> Solrock: "Solrock is a new species of Pokémon that is said to have fallen from space. It floats in air and moves silently. In battle, this Pokémon releases intensely bright light."

And technically, I'd say that there's no hard proof that Deoxys didn't first evolve on Earth and then leave for space, though that clearly isn't the intention. In any case, Deoxys would still be somewhat of an exception, because we know its origins, which seem unique - it mutated from a space virus. And while it is extraterrestrial, we don't have evidence that it is extradimensional like the Ultra Beasts and the Sinnoh deities.

It could stand to reason that under the premise of the Creation Trio and Arsesceus being Ultra beast, one must assume that the ancient residents of Sinnoh would see them exert their ability and think that they would be the gods of time-space as a result. A certain reprehensible man even mentions as such (albeit in reference to Kyurem).
Actually, Cynthia herself even advocates this view in Platinum:

> "A long time ago, I wonder what sort of person painted this? Dialga's Roar of Time...Palkia's Spacial Rend...To the people back then, those Pokémon really must have appeared to rule over time and space. Seeing them must have shaken the people to their very core. This painting represents those feelings of awe, wonder, and everything else. It passed that memory to countless people, eventually becoming a myth...That's what I believe as a researcher of myths."

Which I think is lovely, although the goodwill it creates with me is slightly negated by the way the games treat Cyrus's intention to wipe out the entire universe using Dialga and Palkia as a completely credible threat. And by showing Dialga/Palkia creating a miniature galaxy on the spot, whatever the hell that was about.

Nevertheless, I think making the Sinnoh deities into Ultra Beasts would welcome this sort of discussion, about their powers being exaggerated to god-like proportions by the myths of ancient people who witnessed them. It sort of contrasts with what we're told of the UBs - that the ones that appeared in Alola's ancient past were sources of dread. Meanwhile, in Sinnoh, their extradimensional invaders would have become figures of reverence.

Actually there is an interesting question I want to ask. We all know that Arceus and the Creation trio are related, but the Lake trio seem to be overlooked, despite apparently having the same origin as the creation trio. Would you consider them Ultra beasts as well?
I suppose so. Although the lake spirits are not too dissimilar to the tapu (who were mentioned to have received some kind of special power from Solgaleo/Lunala - I suspect this was the ability to create Sparkling Stones, but the games don't really elaborate on it), the stories say that they were indeed created by Arceus, in part to harmonize the elements of spirit and also to counterbalance either Dialga or Palkia if one went out of control. So they would be of that pre-Earth strand of evolution.

Would they be Ultra Beasts, though? Well, it's hard to say, because "Ultra Beast" is a slightly vague term right now. I have a theory that Arceus was formed by the Unown, merging their energies with the Z-Power that poured from Ultra Space in order to create something that could defend them from the UBs, which in my view would make Arceus and all six of its "children" count as "Ultra Beasts," or at least Ultra Beast-adjacent, but that is purely my speculation.

If we take the view that an "Ultra Beast" is any entity that hails from Ultra Space, then the lines would be blurred with the creation and lake trios. Arceus could certainly come from Ultra Space, but we don't know if it would have created the dragons and the lake spirits in Ultra Space or in this dimension. Ignoring my theory for a moment, my immediate assumption would be that it created them here, after emerging from Ultra Space. (Although let's not forget that Arceus is said to have hatched from an egg that fell from a swirling vortex of primordial chaos. And that the games are very inconsistent about what exactly it is supposed to have created - alternating between "the universe" and merely "the world," or perhaps even "jack-squat" if we don't take the legends at face value, and meanwhile, Dialga and Palkia are at times accredited with having created the Sinnoh region.)

And while Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina do rest in parallel dimensions, we don't know if that's the case for Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. It's not suggested by the games, but I suppose it would be an easy retcon to make.

(And of course there is still the matter of how the Unown fit into all of this, since they are also related to Arceus on some level.)
 
Last edited:
Only 79 new Pokemon?
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
559
I really hope these games gets pushed to gen 8 on the switch now.

I found a copy of diamond at a yard sale and the slowness on my new 3DS was unreal.

Sun and moon already lags like a mofo in the few double battles in the game, the lag in the forced double zones would be killer.
 
New Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
29
Reaction score
5
There will be remakes or some other game attached to Sun and Moon, because the remakes or sequels always have the move tutors, which isn't available in gen vii thus far.
 
Lovely
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Messages
14,058
Reaction score
3,475
Features I look forward to:

  • THE UNDERGROUND: I used to be an Underground fanatic, spending hours digging out fossils, heart scales, plates, shards... I planted spheres in a lot of places, and they created even more digging spots XD If this ever comes back, I'm aiming to fill the ENTIRE Underground with spheres.
  • Updated Poketch: But I have a feeling they might just bring back the Rotom-dex for that...
  • Stat trainers having more stories. I'm expecting ORAS-level expressions, so I can't wait to see Riley being all charming without even trying XD
  • Some re-designs of Team Galactic would be nice. Magma and Aqua rock their new uniforms, so some touches would be great. Also, let us battle Charon.
  • Speaking of Charon, if the Rotom-dex comes back, we could have that subplot where he befriended a Rotom when he was younger.
  • Shaymin being introduced as a legendary in-game. Since we saw ORAS give us free Deoxys in-game as part of the story, I assume it wouldn't be difficult for Sinnoh remakes to also include at least one mythical pokemon in-game. If so, I'd like to see Shaymin because it has a subplot with Marley.
  • A Silvally vs Arceus plot.
  • Poffin baking to stay the same. While I do appreciate the PokeBlocks being easily accessible in ORAS, it just doesn't feel the same with no berry blending to do. I hope Poffin baking doesn't change much.
  • Super Contests to include combinations between moves.
  • Battle Frontier - which would be really nice, but if they can't add it, then at least give us a Battle Facility that isn't so hax.
That's about it for now.
 
Last edited:
Paid Unova Shill
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
5,718
Reaction score
14,948
I wonder if they'll give Cyrus a Mega Pokemon? Mega Honchkrow sounds cool.
I have to think that they wouldn't. It goes against the entire point of his character.

> Cyrus: Unlike you Trainers, I do not make Pokémon my friends or partners. Unlike other Team Galactic members, I don't use Pokémon as tools. Instead, I make the power of Pokémon my own.

I could, however, see him trying to harness Z-Power, or Infinity Energy, or even perhaps the energy that Pokémon radiate when they evolve (a plot detail that was introduced in DPP as something Team Galactic were interested in, but didn't end up going anywhere) in order to give his Pokémon a team-wide power boost like Lusamine's Pokémon.
 
Nuzlocke Lover
Joined
Oct 15, 2015
Messages
3,627
Reaction score
4,150
Thanks for the notice XD

I wonder if they'll give Cyrus a Mega Pokemon? Mega Honchkrow sounds cool.
I feel like we are done with Megas for the moment. Maybe in the future, but I feel like Megas was a Gen 6 only type of deal. It'll probably be the same with Z-Moves and Gen 7.
 
Stuck
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
18,020
Reaction score
11,370
His Pokemon would probably just get the Totem boost as was the case for Lusamine.

Not that I expect that to happen if the remakes are released in the next generation, which I think is likely.
 
Beep Boop
Joined
Oct 19, 2014
Messages
5,176
Reaction score
6,431
  • Updated Poketch: But I have a feeling they might just bring back the Rotom-dex for that...
Pff I hope not, the Poketch had so many useful little features which never really came back. Things I definitely want to return:
  • Clock. This sounds really simple, but I really miss being able to see what time it is in-game. I often play before I have to go to work or whatever, and having to keep glancing at the clock in my house is pretty annoying. There was a seperate stopwatch and alarm too, an improvement would be to put them all in one screen.
  • Memo Pad. This would've been really useful for those "Catch this Pokémon" missions in SM, cause I kept forgetting about those and where the mission was given. An improvement for this would be to add more pages to write on.
  • Pedometer. Loads of things are related to the amount of steps you take, I'm really surprised something like this never returned. No improvements needed, just count those steps please.
  • Pokémon List. Not really necessary, but it's kinda nice to not have to continually open the menu and click on your party to check on them.
  • Friendship Checker. Another feature that surprisingly never came back, despite being extremely useful. I know there's the NPC Friendship checkers, but it's nice to be able to do it anywhere. It would be nice if they could add the actual Friendship value, but the hearts were clear enough imo.
  • Counter. So useful while EV-training, and also while using the Pokéradar.
  • Move Tester. Though probably not very useful anymore now that type effectiveness is shown in the battle screen, but still nice to be able to look up these things in-game. Would be nice if it could just show a list of types effective against certain types, instead of having to try out each one of them.
  • Matchup Checker. Though it was only available in Japan via an event, it seems useful as hell as it checks the breeding compatibility between two Pokémon. Something you can now only check in-game after you've already dumped them at the daycare/nursery.
And there should be an easier way to find these features, having to scroll through them was really tiring, especially since there were so many. Just making it the Rotom dex again would be such a waste, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens :(

Also for all of this to be the most useful, the DPPt remake would have to be on a two screen device, so not the Switch. It could still work, but it would work less well imo.
 
Memeber
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
762
Reaction score
405
I can see the Poketch being relegated to a menu in the event it is for the switch (which is likely due to that D/P/Pt is already playable on the 3DS). But in either case I can see the Poketch being more like the iWatch or smart watches in general, with the Apps being accessible by icons on a default "home" screen.
 
Top