• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Z crystals show up in other regions. And the improved graphics, as well as a move to the Switch.

I also want to see Distortion World expanded. And maybe primal or mega forms of the legendaries there.

That too, It would be nice to see Z-move and new exclusive Z-moves, especially primals, I would like to see Primal Dialga from PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky in action, But what wondering is how they going to do the Platinum episode with Giratina

That too, It would be nice to see Z-move and new exclusive Z-moves, especially primals, I would like to see Primal Dialga from PMD Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky in action, But what wondering is how they going to do the Platinum episode with Giratina

Simple: Cyrus needs the mega evolution energy from Origin Form Giratina to destroy Distortion World. Or, at least, thinks he does, anyway. Maybe even have him getting there through Ultra Space.

I want to see new Mega Evolutions.

Yes! Same here!

Simple: Cyrus needs the mega evolution energy from Origin Form Giratina to destroy Distortion World. Or, at least, thinks he does, anyway. Maybe even have him getting there through Ultra Space.
That's sound good :) Speaking of Ultra Space, I wonder if they have new Ultra beast, or that's enough ultra beast for Sun and Moon, what do you think?

\but what else do you want to see in Gen 4 remake, anyone?

I want the story to be reworked from the ground-up so that it's more coherent, less exaggerated, and has deeper characters.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus should get some new overpowered gimmick to play with, although I'd prefer it if it were something unique to them rather than just recycling what ORAS did with the Primals. Sinnoh needs some concepts of its own - it can't just keep nicking ideas from Hoenn. I'd also like it if Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf got new forms. As it stands, they're even more cookie-cutter than the Kami trio were, and the new forms those guys got in B2W2 worked wonders for them. At the very least, they should give them signature moves or Abilties.

On that note, I'd like it if they expanded on Regigigas's lore, because even DP didn't have a lot to say about it, and those were the games that introduced it! Now, I don't have a lot of hope here, because ORAS didn't take the opportunity to delve into it further either, but then again, RS pre-dated Regigigas, so I could see it not being "relevant" enough.

They're probably not going to, but something that was on my wishlist for ORAS (and would have been for HGSS) was a complete overhaul of the Regional Pokédex to include more Pokémon from other/later generations throughout the main game.

And of course, I'd like some variation on my idea for Totem-esque "Interdimensional Pokémon" (note: Not Ultra Beasts) that serve as a secondary set of tasks to the Badge quest.

Apparently the Key items from DPPl were found from a datamine on SM, interesting, possible confirmation there? I'm not sure how legit this info is but that's what I heard. Things like the Galactic Key, Explorer Kit, etc.

Apparently the Key items from DPPl were found from a datamine on SM, interesting, possible confirmation there? I'm not sure how legit this info is but that's what I heard. Things like the Galactic Key, Explorer Kit, etc.

They're just holdovers. The Key Items from the other generations are there as well, as they were in Gen 6's data, Gen 5's data, etc.

They're probably not going to, but something that was on my wishlist for ORAS (and would have been for HGSS) was a complete overhaul of the Regional Pokédex to include more Pokémon from other/later generations throughout the main game.

Well like I said earlier, an Island Scan sort of mechanic would probably work well for that purpose, maybe if they made the Pokeradar available in the main game and you could find Pokemon outside of the Sinnoh Dex through Pokeradar that would serve as a good compromise. It's seeming like they don't want to mess with the Dex too much because of nostalgia but I doubt there'd be any complaints if they were available through a hidden mechanic. Also helps with the difficulty as well since it rewards you for going the extra mile to search for Pokemon.

Since someone mentioned flying on a Staraptor as a Ranger reference, how about Floatzel Paddle and Empoleon Jet?

Also, knowing Game Freak's patterns, we're probably not going to get a remake on a console backwards-compatible with the original game/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom