• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters

LadySasaki

like pepsi cola
Reaction score
I'd like to see Team Skull in Sinnoh if only to watch Guzma clash with Cyrus.

One team leader is fourth-wall-breakingly, swaggeringly hilarious, the other has a rod so far up his butt it's amazing he can move. Plus Cyrus has the Sideshow Bob quality if taking himself *way* too seriously, so they'd be a great 'straight guy/funny guy'.. Yes, I want to see these two meet, even if only for a brief cameo moment. Maybe Guzma can teach Cyrus that just because you messed up as a kid, doesn't mean you have to spend your adult life getting mixed up in screwy plots, wormholes and the universe-destroying creatures that come outta them.

Let's go Mega Lucario

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
From this video, that it was from last week
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5marwJ-hrww

It's just pure specualtion and theory, and I don't take it seriously, but what if the "Stars" is codename not for sun and moon, but for DP remake or DP sequel. For one he said that making a Sun and Moon sequel with "star" as a codename is just too obvious and bland, and the Pokemon Company and GF try not to be too predictable. In Sun and Moon they used codename "Rainbow" meaning it was referring to class Rainbow in Hawaii. The codename "stars" is the sun and in space, time and space are Gen 4, which does mean Dialga represent Time and Palkia represents space. so it does make since to see Gen 4 on Nintendo Switch

Speaking of sequel, People been wanting a DP remake, because it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl, and it time to celebrate it with a remake, but Gamefreak been doing the same pattern over and over again. For example, Gen 3 got Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 got Gen 2 remake, Gen 5 had sequel to Black and White, no third game or remake, and Gen 6 had Gen 3 remake, why am I asking, well for once we've been having main games, third game, remakes, and one sequel (Black and White). we might be seeing Gen 4 remake in Gen 7 or Gen 8, but here's two thing I came up with:

Instead of a remake to Diamond and Pearl, How about DP Sequel, it'll be like Black 2 and White 2 with Platinum materials and it'll take place 10 years later from the original events of Diamond and Pearl especially from the events of sun and moon, it'll have new megas, new exclusive z-moves, and sinnoh forms or GF can do a remake and sequel to Diamond and Pearl, remake the original one and then ties off with the sequel of the remake.

what do you think, like i said it all just pure speuclation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
From this video, that it was from last week
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5marwJ-hrww

It's just pure specualtion and theory, and I don't take it seriously, but what if the "Stars" is codename not for sun and moon, but for DP remake or DP sequel. For one he said that making a Sun and Moon sequel with "star" as a codename is just too obvious and bland, and the Pokemon Company and GF try not to be too predictable. In Sun and Moon they used codename "Rainbow" meaning it was referring to class Rainbow in Hawaii. The codename "stars" is the sun and in space, time and space are Gen 4, which does mean Dialga represent Time and Palkia represents space. so it does make since to see Gen 4 on Nintendo Switch

Speaking of sequel, People been wanting a DP remake, because it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond and Pearl, and it time to celebrate it with a remake, but Gamefreak been doing the same pattern over and over again. For example, Gen 3 got Gen 1 remake, Gen 4 got Gen 2 remake, Gen 5 had sequel to Black and White, no third game or remake, and Gen 6 had Gen 3 remake, why am I asking, well for once we've been having main games, third game, remakes, and one sequel (Black and White). we might be seeing Gen 4 remake in Gen 7 or Gen 8, but here's two thing I came up with:

Instead of a remake to Diamond and Pearl, How about DP Sequel, it'll be like Black 2 and White 2 with Platinum materials and it'll take place 10 years later from the original events of Diamond and Pearl especially from the events of sun and moon, it'll have new megas, new exclusive z-moves, and sinnoh forms or GF can do a remake and sequel to Diamond and Pearl, remake the original one and then ties off with the sequel of the remake.

what do you think, like i said it all just pure speuclation.
It's a codename, they're not going to use it as the final name, so it doesn't matter if it's too predictable because the average consumer probably won't know about it. If Stars is real, it's most definitely an Alola game. That name only really fits with Sun and Moon, it's vaguely related to space and time but not close enough to really signify DP remakes.

Rexgon

Reaction score
It's a codename, they're not going to use it as the final name, so it doesn't matter if it's too predictable because the average consumer probably won't know about it. If Stars is real, it's most definitely an Alola game. That name only really fits with Sun and Moon, it's vaguely related to space and time but not close enough to really signify DP remakes.
If DP have remakes they should be both on 3DS & Switch also the same with Stars.

Tigertot

Reaction score
I'd like to see an actual patch for Sun & Moon when the remakes come out so we don't have a stupid thing where none of the new game's features work and the new game becomes the default for all competitive battling.

Let's go Mega Lucario

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
If DP have remakes they should be both on 3DS & Switch also the same with Stars.
If Gen 4 remake be in Gen 7, we likely to see it on 3ds and switch, but if DP remake come in Gen 8, then it'll be Switch exclusive. because Gen 8 will move to Switch only

Let's go Mega Lucario

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I doubt that they'd do a 3DS/Switch mulitplatform, because the Switch is so much more powerful than the 3DS.
That's true because when Switch was release Walmart and Gamestop were sold out of Switch, meaning that it's a hit. I rather have the next pokemon game on switch than 3ds, because I want to see how pokemon looks on Switch, I thinking of getting one if they have pokemon game to it

Tigertot

Reaction score
I think the anime is also some solid evidence, mainly this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jwowPjVoqQ

They have a Piplup in the trailer for the new movie, and Ash's male companion is revealed to have a Lucario according to some promotional material. Why would they just have a Piplup and Lucario in the movie for no reason whatsoever? All of the other non-Gen 1 Pokemon have reasons to be in the movie:
  • Ho-Oh is there due to being a plot element, but there's no way in hell we're getting Johto remakes before Sinnoh does.
  • Marshadow is a Gen 7 Mythical, which was revealed way too early in my opinion. This means that Gen 7 is out of event Pokemon to distribute due to the Hat Pikachu also coming with the movie, leading to several possible conclusions:
    • Gen 7 will be a shorter generation.
    • A new Mythical may be patched in.
    • We may get another Gen 7 movie with the Sun & Moon legendaries to wrap up things.
    • A Sinnoh-related movie if the remake does happen.
  • Incineroar is there to promote Sun & Moon, so it's not just a Kanto circlejerk.
Piplup's appearance here can also be seen as a parallel to how Bulbasaur (May's), Cyndaquil (Dawn's), and Treeko (Sawyer's) got some focus around the time of their remakes.

Another smaller piece of evidence is that Ash possesses both the Grass-type and Fire-type starters of Alola, and the last region where he only had those two types of starters was Sinnoh. This isn't the first time something similar has happened, as the XY series had the exact same group composition as Advanced Generation did (Ash, female lead, Gym Leader, and younger sibling).

They're definitely teasing Sinnoh if they have a Piplup and Lucario in the movie, as it would be pretty stupid if they're there just because they appeal to the fans or something.

TL;DR: The new movie and Ash's team composition in Alola is evidence of a Sinnoh remake.

Poké Boss

The Best Gym Leader
Reaction score
I wonder what would they do for the Veilstone Game Corner. Will it be closed, like in ORAS? Re- opened with a new function? Or will it just dissapear and not be in the remake at all? What do you think?

I also wonder about Pal Park and GTS.

Also do you think Trainer Customization will be in?

Last edited:

Tigertot

Reaction score
I wonder what would they do for the Veilstone Game Corner. Will it be closed, like in ORAS? Re- opened with a new function? Or will it just dissapear and not be in the remake at all? What do you think?

I'd like to see the Game Corner become an arcade. I can see the GTS building becoming a Battle Royale Arena as well, and idk about Pal Park.

Soki

Beep Boop
Reaction score

Also do you think Trainer Customization will be in?
Let Pal Park become a Friend Safari and let the Game Corner become a Apparel Shop and I'm a very happy camper.

Tigertot

Reaction score
Is everyone just ignoring the evidence I just put up yesterday? It practically confirms Sinnoh remakes.

Akira Bond

Wuntch time is over!
Reaction score
Is everyone just ignoring the evidence I just put up yesterday? It practically confirms Sinnoh remakes.
Nothing you posted confirms anything. It is all speculation, and should be treated as such. It is quite likely that Gamefreak will continue remakes at this point anyway, so we hardly have any need for 'evidence.'

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
Tigertot said:
Ho-Oh is there due to being a plot element, but there's no way in hell we're getting Johto remakes before Sinnoh does.
I see no reason why Kanto and Johto shouldn't get sequels before DP are remade. It's pretty ridiculous to single out two Pokemon (which the anime has loved to promote regardless of the games) while ignoring the movie's setting (Kanto) and star (Ho-Oh).

I know that some of you are really anxious for remakes, but I highly doubt we're getting them this year. It won't kill you to wait until the next generation just as RS remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It's pretty ridiculous to single out two Pokemon (which the anime has loved to promote regardless of the games)
Lucario was the poster child of Megas in the games, and the signature Pokemon of Korrina, hence it was promoted.

I know that some of you are really anxious for remakes, but I highly doubt we're getting them this year. It won't kill you to wait until the next generation just as RS remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI.
It won't kill you to wait for the Kanto sequels until the next generation just as RS Remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI. The point goes both ways.

Silktree

Unown Seer
Reaction score
It won't kill you to wait for the Kanto sequels until the next generation just as RS Remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI. The point goes both ways.
No, but it would be a waste of all the Go promotion involving Kanto and Johto. They would have to redo it for the next generation, which just sounds dumb. Not to mention that Game Freak sending Lillie to Kanto would lose any merit.

Compared to that, the anime marketing Lucario and Piplup (as always) is small potatoes.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
No, but it would be a waste of all the Go promotion involving Kanto and Johto. They would have to redo it for the next generation, which just sounds dumb. Not to mention that Game Freak sending Lillie to Kanto would lose any merit.

Compared to that, the anime marketing Lucario and Piplup (as always) is small potatoes.
I'll support Kanto sequels only and only if Johto isn't left into the rubble, Mega Evolutions are there again (seriously, they'd want the player to use the Mega Kanto Starters, won't they?). I'd like to see a Mega Raichu, which gives it a BST boost of 100, which can also be used on Pikachu, but the mega Sprites are same. Also, Pika gets the same boosts as Raichu (so in the end Raichu's stats will be higher)