• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Quiet Lurker
Reaction score
I just can't take it seriously without Marshadow. Maybe Luxrary and Munchlax will just appear for a split second or something. There was also that merchandise for the Johto beasts that hasn't panned out yet.

Digimon King
Reaction score
Quiet Lurker
Reaction score
None of this matters, lol. Not even Lucario and Piplup are the highlights of the movie.

Digimon King
Reaction score
I was just pointing something out lol calm down, it's an speculation thread

Having that many Sinnoh Pokemon is suspicious imo

Reaction score
Having that many Sinnoh Pokemon is suspicious imo
When the whole movie takes place and is based around Kanto and the beginning of Ash's journey? One of these past generations is being far more utilized and hinted at.

Digimon King
Reaction score
When the whole movie takes place and is based around Kanto and the beginning of Ash's journey? One of these past generations is being far more utilized and hinted at.
If Ash's journey started in Kanto then obviously it will show Kanto...and yet they go to Johto oops.

Quiet Lurker
Reaction score
They don't go to Johto. Anyway, Ash's team and Ho-Oh are the highlights, with Marshadow taking second place.

Reaction score
If Ash's journey started in Kanto then obviously it will show Kanto...and yet they go to Johto oops.
In addition to what @Saraform stated, I would also like to point out what we're talking about. You and others are trying to use the cameos of Sinnoh Pokemon to justify Sinnoh remakes, when there are loads more references, hints, cameos, and overall focus given to Kanto (and maybe even more references to Johto than Sinnoh--though they don't go there). It's completely illogical.

You're also missing the point that you yourself even stated--this movie is all about the beginning of Ash's journey which takes place, obviously, in Kanto. Yes, yes it does. And you know what that means?

Yes, it means way more likelihood of a Kanto revisit than Sinnoh, if we're going by movie content.

Reaction score
The movie is in Kanto because it the 20th anniversary of the anime, if they were to remake Kanto they would have done it last year during the 20th anniversary of the games instead the released Red, Blue, and Yellow on the Virtual Console. Kanto can easily be explained by the fact that this Movie is meant to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the anime which started in Kanto, while the prominence of Sinnoh Pokemon such as Piplup and Lucario can't be explained in any such way, add in the fact that Sun and Moon itself referenced Sinnoh in the Dimensional Research Lab and its much more likely the next games are Sinnoh Remakes

Quiet Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, no. The movie is doing a pretty bad job celebrating the original series, so that excuse doesn't work. And Game Freak had to release SM last year because they wanted a second generation for the 3DS. By your logic, it is too late for DP remakes since their anniversary has come and gone (without any fanfare, lol).

Piplup and Lucario are not prominent. They belong to sidekicks and are just there due to the species' lasting popularity, which went beyond the Sinnoh games. If Ash had a Lucario, then you'd have a point, but he doesn't.

SM referenced Kanto a hell of a lot more than Sinnoh. Game Freak sent Lillie and Lusamine to the former, for pete's sake. DP remakes would have nothing to do with that plotline, but Kanto sequels would.

I don't see DP being remade for as long as the 3DS is relevant. This thread is like the one for RS remakes from 2010-2011, except with much fewer posts despite being over 3 years old.

Last edited:
Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Things that I know won't happen but hope for anyway: Porygon-Z making a proper appearance in M20.

Reaction score
I think the point is that Kanto's inclusion in the movie is obvious since it is the anniversary and all whereas Piplup, Lucario and Luxray's inclusion is random. Makoto could have been given an Oshawott, the other guy a Braviary or some other Pokemon from some other region instead.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Okay, we're getting off topic here. Yes we should have a Kanto/Johto remake/sequel for the 20th anniversary. But we already have remake of Red/Blue and Gold/Silver was a sequel to Red/Blue, so a remake and sequel are out of the question. Also we already have a Virtual Console of Red/Blue/Yellow to help celebrate the 20th anniversary. Now they can do a Kanto/Johto reboot/remaster, that would be better. Since the 20th movie points to the possible next and a lot of hints and reference from Sun/Moon, it's likely possible.

As for Diamond/Pearl, okay yes it's the 10th anniversary of Diamond/Pearl, and yes it's time for remake. GF always remake old game. In Sun/Moon, we have a lot of reference and hints toward Sinnoh, along with 20th movie showing popular pokemon, Piplup and Lucario (also Luxray because of the toys, so he'll likely to appear in the movie also). With those hints and reference is a possibility of a Sinnoh Remake next.

It could go either way, but demanding it, is not going to help. The one person says "Kanto needs more than Sinnoh because it's the 20th anniversary" and the person says "Sinnoh need more because it's didn't get it remake, so Sinnoh is more demanding than Kanto". See demanding the games and fighting over it is not going to help. It could go either way, but it's up to TPCi and GF to decide what game they'll release, not he fans and we should concern whether we're a pokemon game this year. I would like to see Kanto/Johto again and Sinnoh remaded, it would be nice to see both of them (just not the same year), we'll just have to wait and see at the E3.

Now if GF would do something different other than remake of old game, they do some sort of sequel to Diamond/Pearl, it'll take 10 years from the original events of DPPt, but this just my speculation :)

Anyway we should get back on topic of Diamond/Pearl remake, if you want to talk more about Kanto/Johto Sequel go to Kanto/Johto Sequels

Last edited:
Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
@shemar corbin, Gold and Silver are not sequels to Kanto. They may seem like it, but they're not true sequels. So sequels are not out of the question. The only true sequels are Black 2 and White 2. Just wanted to clear this up.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
@shemar corbin, Gold and Silver are not sequels to Kanto. They may seem like it, but they're not true sequels. So sequels are not out of the question. The only true sequels are Black 2 and White 2. Just wanted to clear this up.
Okay if there's a chance of a Kanto/Johto sequel, I wouldn't mind, if there's a chance of Sinnoh Remake, I wouldn't mind that either, but I said this is off topic. You can go to Kanto/Johto Sequels to discuss it.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
@shemar corbin Please don't tell people what to do, discussing that the Pokémon in the new movie could be a hint towards DPPt remakes is perfectly on-topic. It is about DPPt remakes. And FlowerMagician was responding to your post, also making it on-topic. Talking about Kanto/Johto sequels is fine if it's also about DPPt remakes, which in this case it is.

Please let the mods be judges of what is off-topic and what not. If you think a thread is going off-topic, please report it instead of simply telling people they're off-topic.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
@shemar corbin Please don't tell people what to do, discussing that the Pokémon in the new movie could be a hint towards DPPt remakes is perfectly on-topic. It is about DPPt remakes. And FlowerMagician was responding to your post, also making it on-topic. Talking about Kanto/Johto sequels is fine if it's also about DPPt remakes, which in this case it is.

Please let the mods be judges of what is off-topic and what not. If you think a thread is going off-topic, please report it instead of simply telling people they're off-topic.
Sorry about that, I thought people were Kanto/Johto in the wrong topic, but the movie does hints the Sinnoh remake, and people want to back to Kanto to helo celebrate the 20th anniversary. I was trying to prevent to fight between Kanto and Sinnoh from happening. I would like to see either of those of games. It would be bad to have Kanto or Sinnoh. It could go either way. But the thing is @Soki, I'm worried that either pokemon game coming this year or next year.

Reaction score
I think a remake of DP could be interesting if they revamp bits of it to show the beginning of Aether Foundation's research.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I hope for Arceus's sake that only Type:Null references are made. I want the game to be pure Sinnoh whether it's a sequel or a remake.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
If we get sequels to Sinnoh, we probably going to see some new characters and new rivals, something like Black 2/White 2.