• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Stuck
Reaction score
Eh, let's wait until we know more about USUM before we say they aren't a glorified paired third version.

Beep Boop
Reaction score
Guys please only use spoiler tags when there's actual spoilers or large images involved, and in the case of images at least sort of elaborate what's in the spoiler so people know what they're clicking for ;)

Last edited:
Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I would prefer Sinnoh Sequel, or "Alternate Version" of Sinnoh is the best way to celebrate the 12th anniversary of DP. A sequel would be a story changer in Sinnoh instead of a remake.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
How about we play Platinum again, but from the viewpoint from Cyrus? I know this will probably never happen. But it's fun to think of other possibilities than just remakes or sequels.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
How about we play Platinum again, but from the viewpoint from Cyrus? I know this will probably never happen. But it's fun to think of other possibilities than just remakes or sequels.
I doubt they'll remake Platinum, because they don't remake third game, Instead of them remake the originals and put some Third game DLC like Expansion of third game, I would prefer an entire different story, that's where sequel will come in.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I doubt they'll remake Platinum, because they don't remake third game, Instead of them remake the originals and put some Third game DLC like Expansion of third game, I would prefer an entire different story, that's where sequel will come in.
There's always a first time for everything. Just because we haven't received a remake of a third version before doesn't mean that we'll never receive one. I'm actually hoping that Sinnoh is where they finally buck the trend. Platinum is a big fan-favorite and seeing a remake of it would elate many people's happiness levels.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
There's always a first time for everything. Just because we haven't received a remake of a third version before doesn't mean that we'll never receive one. I'm actually hoping that Sinnoh is where they finally buck the trend. Platinum is a big fan-favorite and seeing a remake of it would elate many people's happiness levels.
The whole purpose of Remake, is too remake the originals, especially like paired game like DP would increase the sale, having it on single pair like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum would decrease the sales. So far GF been putting Third game add-ons the original remake, Tbh, I don't want DP remake to be like ORAS with Delta Episode instead of Delta Emerald. If TPC and Gf would do something for Sinnoh, I would prefer it to be a Sequel than remake with the dual pairs, probably something similar how B2W2 was done especially how US/UM was done (although, we don't know what the game is like yet).

Reaction score
They can remake Platinum but they're still gonna act like it's Diamond/Pearl

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
They can remake Platinum but they're still gonna act like it's Diamond/Pearl
I don't think anyone actually expects them to remake Platinum as much as they expect them to include its content. That was the whole issue with ORAS, no one was really saying "I want a Delta Emerald", they were saying "I want Emerald content in ORAS". The outrage was because everyone expected ORAS to include things like the Battle Frontier and it didn't, so remaking Platinum and acting like it's DP is pretty much what the fanbase wants anyway.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Alternate Version" of Sinnoh
Please no. Diamond and Pearl already have an 'Alternate Version' and it is called "Pokémon Platinum".

Alternate version (from what we know at the time of posting) is just a fancy name for a third (in this case third AND fourth) versions.

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
Please no. Diamond and Pearl already have an 'Alternate Version' and it is called "Pokémon Platinum".

Alternate version (from what we know at the time of posting) is just a fancy name for a third (in this case third AND fourth) versions.
Okay we'll stick with Sinnoh Sequels then.