• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know this thread existed until now lul

In terms of story, I'd rather see a Platinum remake than a D/P remake. The Distortion World was amazing and I wish it had played a larger role in the story line.

I really don't want every remake re-hashing their box legendary with some new form or mega evolution just to make them 'new'. HG/SS was fine without, and I think D/P/Pt remakes would be as well.

I want a Platinum remake too :) As long as they leave in the awesome music, I'll be OK!

I have a nice Girantina (not like the mean one in Platinum who doesn't be nice to certain charries I like :p). Mine is shiny and my nephew gave him to me :) He's a legit one, he came from a shop, a GAME, I think.

As long as they have Platinum's Sinnoh Dex and a reasonable size Distortion World section to explore, I don't really care what they do with Platinum.

So something that came up in the OR/AS music thread was that DPPt had Day/Night themes. I loved some of the Night themes, they were rather relaxing and nice to have on my iPod. A tiny part of me is looking forward to hearing the remade versions, whenever they may be.

A favourite of mine is the Snowpoint City night theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRsOngUpIr0

After seeing what the MultiNav can do in ORAS, now I really want the Poketch to get the same treatment. Maybe not the exact same features, but I can definitely see them adding more apps to it, and maybe gutting some of the less useful ones.

I want skis or snowboards to make traveling on the snow easier. Man, that route 217 took forever and not to mention it was a bit hard to see where I was going when the screen was entirely white...

So in an interview with Eurogamer Portugal Junichi Masuda does not dismiss the possibility of remaking Diamond & Pearl. It's the only interview I can find where somebody actually asked him about it. So Google Translate isn't the most reliable thing in the world but from what I gather, he basically says he'll need more time to think a remake of Diamond & Pearl. Clearly he's open to the possibility but just seems to want to figure out what to do. OR/AS are introducing so many new features so how can they top that with Diamond & Pearl remakes?

I see Diamond and Pearl remakes being the 3rd set of games in Gen VII.

So in an interview with Eurogamer Portugal Junichi Masuda does not dismiss the possibility of remaking Diamond & Pearl. It's the only interview I can find where somebody actually asked him about it. So Google Translate isn't the most reliable thing in the world but from what I gather, he basically says he'll need more time to think a remake of Diamond & Pearl. Clearly he's open to the possibility but just seems to want to figure out what to do. OR/AS are introducing so many new features so how can they top that with Diamond & Pearl remakes?

There's probably quite a few changes in 7th and 8th gen that they could take advantage of to improve the experience. We'll probably have a better idea as we get closer to the point when the remake would be released.

I really can not imagine what they'd do with the Distortion World. That place was awesome on the DS so it'll be amazing on the next handheld. I can totally see seasons being a thing in Sinnoh. Assuming Game Freak will be keeping the X/Y graphical style, Sinnoh will look awesome. Love the idea of skiing or snowboarding on Route 217. I wonder if they'd ever make Arceus available in game rather than keep it event only.

I really can not imagine what they'd do with the Distortion World. That place was awesome on the DS so it'll be amazing on the next handheld. I can totally see seasons being a thing in Sinnoh. Assuming Game Freak will be keeping the X/Y graphical style, Sinnoh will look awesome. Love the idea of skiing or snowboarding on Route 217. I wonder if they'd ever make Arceus available in game rather than keep it event only.

COnsidering 3D is the norm, it'd be entertaining if the Distortion World made things 2.5D like Platinum was originally. It'd be a fun in-joke.

Arceus would never be available outside of an event. THere's never been an "Mythical" event pokemon to be distributed any other way so far.

COnsidering 3D is the norm, it'd be entertaining if the Distortion World made things 2.5D like Platinum was originally. It'd be a fun in-joke.

Arceus would never be available outside of an event. THere's never been an "Mythical" event pokemon to be distributed any other way so far.

Manaphy debuted in a side-game. I don't think Arceus would be available in regular gameplay, but they might actually release the Azure Flute this time around, considering we all know about it, how to use it and the fact that the Eon Ticket is being re-released lends to the possibility that all old events are being included in the remakes (FR/LG didn't have a Mew event, but neither did the originals except for ONE CoroCoro exclusive event when Mew was inevitably released...)

BlackButterfree said:
(FR/LG didn't have a Mew event, but neither did the originals except for ONE CoroCoro exclusive event when Mew was inevitably released...)
None of the Kanto games had an (official) in-game event for Mew (that idea debuted in Crystal), but they all had distributions. Mew was distributed multiple times during Generation I; the CoroCoro distribution was just the first time it happened. In fact, it was merely a lottery promotion that only 120 people won.

but they might actually release the Azure Flute this time around, considering we all know about it, how to use it
"We" aren't the target audience that made Masuda drop the event to begin with. His logic was faulty, but he thought that the Azure Flute would confuse children.

Last edited:
None of the Kanto games had an (official) in-game event for Mew (that idea debuted in Crystal), but they all had distributions. Mew was distributed multiple times during Generation I; the CoroCoro distribution was just the first time it happened. In fact, it was merely a lottery promotion that only 120 people won.

but they might actually release the Azure Flute this time around, considering we all know about it, how to use it
"We" aren't the target audience that made Masuda drop the event to begin with. His logic was faulty, but he thought that the Azure Flute would confuse children.

Even so, it's basically the same process as using the PokéFlute, but you just have to play it in Spear Pillar... Not too difficult for kids to figure it out.

Yeah, all of the event legendaries except Manaphy have a fairly strong connection to the storyline or in game Pokemon, so I think it would be a good idea to keep them.

I'm going to expand on my wishlist from earlier:

-Mega Evolutions for (introduced in this game or an earlier game):
  • 4th gen starters
  • Luxray
  • Roserade
  • Floatzel
  • Drifblim
  • Purugly
  • Skunktank
  • Spiritomb
  • Drapion
  • Toxicroak
  • Weavile
  • Togekiss
  • Porygon-Z
  • the mascot trio (probably a special kind of Mega Evolution like the Primals)
  • Arceus
-Poketch apps:
  • Clock (Can switch between digital and analog)
  • PSS
  • Super Training
  • Pokemon Amie
  • Pedometer
  • Friendship Checker
  • Berry Checker
  • Day Care Checker
  • Type Chart
-Sinnoh Dex should at least have Platinum's 210, if not more (Sylveon would probably be added to the dex).
-Storyline rewritten to include both DP and Platinum elements, probably plays out something like this:
  • Starts out like DP, with you and Barry going to Lake Verity to find Mesprit, getting attacked by Starly, and choosing your starter to defeat them.
  • Looker and Charon show up in the story like Platinum.
  • Gyms follow Platinum ordering, with Fantina 3rd, Maylene 4th, and Crasher Wake 5th.
  • Cyrus Battle in Celestic Town
  • Cyrus attempts to awaken Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar, they end up Mega Evolving and you have to stop them.
  • Post game storyline involving Giratina that ends with you catching it in the Distortion World.
-Lucas/Dawn play more of a role in the storyline and you get to battle them a few times (maybe once on Rt. 207, can't think of anywhere else)
-Remove Defog as an HM.
-A few subtle changes to the region design to reduce HM usage:
  • Only Rock Climb is required to reach Spear Pillar.
  • Only Surf and Strength are required to get through Victory Road.
-Enhance the Underground so that you can play with other people online.

Yeah, all of the event legendaries except Manaphy have a fairly strong connection to the storyline or in game Pokemon, so I think it would be a good idea to keep them.

I'm going to expand on my wishlist from earlier:

-Mega Evolutions for (introduced in this game or an earlier game):
  • 4th gen starters
  • Luxray
  • Roserade
  • Floatzel
  • Drifblim
  • Purugly
  • Skunktank
  • Spiritomb
  • Drapion
  • Toxicroak
  • Weavile
  • Togekiss
  • Porygon-Z
  • the mascot trio (probably a special kind of Mega Evolution like the Primals)
  • Arceus
-Poketch apps:
  • Clock (Can switch between digital and analog)
  • PSS
  • Super Training
  • Pokemon Amie
  • Pedometer
  • Friendship Checker
  • Berry Checker
  • Day Care Checker
  • Type Chart
-Sinnoh Dex should at least have Platinum's 210, if not more (Sylveon would probably be added to the dex).
-Storyline rewritten to include both DP and Platinum elements, probably plays out something like this:
  • Starts out like DP, with you and Barry going to Lake Verity to find Mesprit, getting attacked by Starly, and choosing your starter to defeat them.
  • Looker and Charon show up in the story like Platinum.
  • Gyms follow Platinum ordering, with Fantina 3rd, Maylene 4th, and Crasher Wake 5th.
  • Cyrus Battle in Celestic Town
  • Cyrus attempts to awaken Dialga/Palkia at Spear Pillar, they end up Mega Evolving and you have to stop them.
  • Post game storyline involving Giratina that ends with you catching it in the Distortion World.
-Lucas/Dawn play more of a role in the storyline and you get to battle them a few times (maybe once on Rt. 207, can't think of anywhere else)
-Remove Defog as an HM.
-A few subtle changes to the region design to reduce HM usage:
  • Only Rock Climb is required to reach Spear Pillar.
  • Only Surf and Strength are required to get through Victory Road.
-Enhance the Underground so that you can play with other people online.

I will kill that faster than V-Create kills a Paras und harsh Sunlight.
Other than that all of that sounds pretty good.

Yeah, Mega Arceus sounds pretty... uh... death.
What would the spread even be? 120/140/140/140/140/140? I feel like that would mess up the whole balanced stats thing.
Then again, Arceus does need to take back his throne as "Pokemon with highest base stat total" from Mega Mewtwo and Rayquaza.

... and yes, please, Sinnoh remakes
... with mega luxray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom