• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPOILERS BELOW

So, according to Bulba Deoxys lost its event status with the Episode Delta in ORAS. I think it would be awesome if they did the same thing with Darkrai and expand the story with the kid having nightmares into a full story in the post-game.

SPOILERS BELOW

So, according to Bulba Deoxys lost its event status with the Episode Delta in ORAS. I think it would be awesome if they did the same thing with Darkrai and expand the story with the kid having nightmares into a full story in the post-game.

I think it would be better if they did a post game story arc involving Giratina and Arceus so they can expand on the main storyline and go into more detail about Sinnoh's creation. If they can do both though, I would like to see an expansion of the Cresselia sidequest into a storyline involving Darkrai.

SPOILERS BELOW

I think it would be better if they did a post game story arc involving Giratina and Arceus so they can expand on the main storyline and go into more detail about Sinnoh's creation. If they can do both though, I would like to see an expansion of the Cresselia sidequest into a storyline involving Darkrai.
That was actualy my first idea, but i don't see them lifting the event status from Arceus that easily. The same could be said for Darkrai, but i actualy can see its event status being removed in the remakes more than Arceus. But if we can have both, that would be freaking awesome.

In Gen 4 remakes a post game Episode Alpha featuring Arceus would be awesome. Smaller storylines featuring every Gen 4 legendary would be ideal, and I'd like if they did storylines for ALL legendaries, saving the version mascots for the main game.

Hopes:

Mega Evolutions

Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
Luxray (Electric/Dark)
Roserade
Rampardos
Bastiodon
Floatzel
Drifblim
Togekiss
Yanmega
Drapion
Skuntank
Purugly (Normal/Dark)
Mamoswine
Honchkrow
Jynx
Lapras
Dewgong
Torkoal (Fire/Steel)
Beartic (Ice/Fighting)
Leavanny
Darmanitan (Fire/Psychic)
Avalugg

Rival

Barry's Pokemon are slightly more powerful, but he retains the same ones as D/P/Pt. Lucas/Dawn, however, can be battled and have the following team by postgame:
Weaker Starter
Luxray
Drifblim
Rampardos/Bastiodon
Togekiss
Lucario

Team Galactic

More menacing, maybe multiple visits to the Distortion World?

The Stark Mountain plot with Mars and Jupiter could be expanded upon.

Thinking about it, I honestly would love if the player character you don't pick replaces Barry. Give Dawn/Lucas a reason to be there other than your tag partner for one battle.

No Mega Floatzel, please! I hate that line to infinity. They're just everywhere.

Something else I thought of, they should upgrade the Pokeradar to function like the DexNav, and maybe retool it into a Pokenav app that you receive in the main game (which like the DexNav can be upgraded post game with National Dex Pokemon).

Something else I thought of, they should upgrade the Pokeradar to function like the DexNav, and maybe retool it into a Pokenav app that you receive in the main game (which like the DexNav can be upgraded post game with National Dex Pokemon).

I desperately want this. But just like Following Pokémon in HG/SS was one of the best features and never returned, most likely neither will the DexGod.

Yeah, after seeing how ORAS turned out, I'm legitimately afraid of what they're going to do to DP remakes. What really made DPPt was the sheer amount of content the games had, there was a ton of optional content both in terms of new areas and extra features. With Game Freak's current mindset they probably won't do Sinnoh justice and end up cutting a lot of stuff. Hell, I almost wouldn't even be surprised if they completely removed the entire Battle Zone because kids don't have time for a decent post game anymore (the "almost" being because Heatran is there)

I hope they don't overglorify Lucario in sinnoh remakes. It was tiring in XY, and with major NPCs using Lucario in the Sinnoh games (Maylene, Riley, Cynthia, etc...), I seriously hope they just kinda give it a break and promote other pokemons.

Given the way OR/AS played out you can make a safe guess that D/P remakes will adhere more to D/P than Platinum. On that note, you can kiss goodbye to the Gen IV Battle Frontier.

I'd like to see a post-story sequence like the Delta Episode revolving around Giratina, and I'd like to see the Darkrai/Cresselia storyline finally made more available too. As for Dialga & Palkia getting some kind of mega evolution, I'd say it's a safe assumption, but who knows? I think it could depend how much Game Freak will want to push Mega Evolution next gen. They could easily recreate another OR/AS situation with Gen VII main games and D/P remakes in that the D/P remakes have exclusive mega evolutions that won't be available in any way in the previous releases.

Given the way OR/AS played out you can make a safe guess that D/P remakes will adhere more to D/P than Platinum. On that note, you can kiss goodbye to the Gen IV Battle Frontier.

I agree about the Battle Frontier, but if you're suggesting that Game Freak are going to ignore Platinum's Pokedex expansion... No. Just, no.

They got a lot of negative feedback on DP's lackluster regional Pokédex. That's the whole reason Platinum got an expansion in the first place. Even if the story follows D/P more than Platinum, they'd have to be complete idiots to go back to the very 'dex they received harsh criticism on. So, at the very least, Game Freak should keep the expanded Sinnoh Pokédex from Platinum, lest they endure the wrath of both fans and critics alike.

I agree about the Battle Frontier, but if you're suggesting that Game Freak are going to ignore Platinum's Pokedex expansion... No. Just, no.

They got a lot of negative feedback on DP's lackluster regional Pokédex. That's the whole reason Platinum got an expansion in the first place. Even if the story follows D/P more than Platinum, they'd have to be complete idiots to go back to the very 'dex they received harsh criticism on. So, at the very least, Game Freak should keep the expanded Sinnoh Pokédex from Platinum, lest they endure the wrath of both fans and critics alike.

Plus looker a character introduced in Platnuim has appeared in several games after his introduction, his story line role would remain I think, and cynthia mentions the giratina event in black and white. However They could do something akin to the delta episode and have us go on an adventure in the distortion world post game which would be awesome.

also 7.8/10 too much land (and waaaaaay more hms)

edit: If this happens we see the return of pokemon following you, amity square exists in diamond and pearl

DP remakes kinda have to include Platinum elements, they were way more important then Rayquaza coming from the heavens and splitting up a fight. You had the distortion world, the charon subplot, a much crazier Cyrus, and overall the improved Sinnoh Dex. Not to mention the Poketch will likely not only be updated to have a color screen, but probably have the Pt two button setup then the 1 button from DP. Oh and way better gym puzzles, I liked the clock in Gardenia's gym.

Anyway, I don't think ORAS is too much of an indication that they're willing to cut content, or that it will result in poor DP remakes. They literally had almost nothing to go with for the plot, and yet they re-wrote it in places that needed it wonderfully, and expanded it beyond any expectations. Gameplay wise its a tiny bit lacking, but there are 3-4 new things that definitely make up for it, and give a lot of hope for DP remakes. Another thing, we're likely not getting them till 2018-2019, on new hardware, 1 or 2 generations away. God knows how much will change till then.

As for the post game, if they still go this route, I think its gonna involve Shaymin of all Pokemon, not Arceus.

Given how Hoenn desperately needed an expanded Pokedex and did not get one, I doubt a remade/revamped/rebooted Diamond and Pearl would have the Platinum Pokedex. Even further, given how little ORAS incorporated from Emerald (even small quality of life improvements such as the Match Call), I think it's reason to say that DP will remain uninfluenced by Platinum.

Given how Hoenn desperately needed an expanded Pokedex and did not get one, I doubt a remade/revamped/rebooted Diamond and Pearl would have the Platinum Pokedex. Even further, given how little ORAS incorporated from Emerald (even small quality of life improvements such as the Match Call), I think it's reason to say that DP will remain uninfluenced by Platinum.

Hoenn actually did make improvements to its dex though, they added in cross gen evos. They just didn't add in new families to fix the problems that plagued it in the originals. They've never actually removed Pokemon from a regional dex, they've only failed to update them. So in Sinnoh's case, they're probably not going to leave it at 150, that would be completely unnecessary. They're probably going to make it 211 (adding in Sylveon) + whatever other cross gen evos they happen to introduce in future gens.

Hoenn actually did make improvements to its dex though, they added in cross gen evos. They just didn't add in new families to fix the problems that plagued it in the originals. They've never actually removed Pokemon from a regional dex, they've only failed to update them. So in Sinnoh's case, they're probably not going to leave it at 150, that would be completely unnecessary. They're probably going to make it 211 (adding in Sylveon) + whatever other cross gen evos they happen to introduce in future gens.
You know that's an inadequate fix since it didn't even touch the issues with the Hoenn Pokedex. You also knew what I meant by expansion. Given your response, however, I'll make it crystal clear: they're not going to do any serious changes to Sinnoh's Pokedex that addresses the issues latent in DP's distribution. (Unlike Hoenn there aren't even any cross-gen evolutions to add to the Sinnoh Pokedex anyways.)

Not to mention past remakes haven't altered Pokedexes all that much either. FRLG kept the original Kanto Pokedex, HGSS added 5 Pokemon (cross-gen evolutions), ORAS added 9 (cross-gen evolutions). There's no evidence to suggest that GameFreak would expand the Pokedex for a DP remake.

You know that's an inadequate fix since it didn't even touch the issues with the Hoenn Pokedex. You also knew what I meant by expansion. Given your response, however, I'll make it crystal clear: they're not going to do any serious changes to Sinnoh's Pokedex that addresses the issues latent in DP's distribution. (Unlike Hoenn there aren't even any cross-gen evolutions to add to the Sinnoh Pokedex anyways.)

Not to mention past remakes haven't altered Pokedexes all that much either. FRLG kept the original Kanto Pokedex, HGSS added 5 Pokemon (cross-gen evolutions), ORAS added 9 (cross-gen evolutions). There's no evidence to suggest that GameFreak would expand the Pokedex for a DP remake.

Inadequate fix or not, it shows a degree of flexibility in the regional dexes that suggests that Game Freak is willing to alter them to a degree. And in DP's case, it'd be a lot easier for them to include those 60 Pokemon than it would to expand the Hoenn Dex. Expanding the Hoenn Dex is uncharted territory, they would have to completely redo the trainer rosters and Pokemon distribution which would take a lot more time. But with DP, we already have Platinum's to work with, so it's not as if it would be complete rocket science for them to add it. I wouldn't get too hung up on the fact that past remakes did very little with the regional dex, those games never had a dex expansion in their third game.

Inadequate fix or not, it shows a degree of flexibility in the regional dexes that suggests that Game Freak is willing to alter them to a degree. And in DP's case, it'd be a lot easier for them to include those 60 Pokemon than it would to expand the Hoenn Dex. Expanding the Hoenn Dex is uncharted territory, they would have to completely redo the trainer rosters and Pokemon distribution which would take a lot more time. But with DP, we already have Platinum's to work with, so it's not as if it would be complete rocket science for them to add it. I wouldn't get too hung up on the fact that past remakes did very little with the regional dex, those games never had a dex expansion in their third game.
That's not really flexibility; that's doing the bare minimum to avoid another FRLG debacle. In addition, you make it sound as if changing the distribution is difficult when it's hardly difficult at all. Like, it's not rocket science at all. They've done it before so they have a basic understanding of distribution in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom