• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinnoh remakes confirmed?

I totally forgot who said this in ORAS (I believe it is the scientist in mossdeep after the delta episode), but somebody said something about another dimension, but then saying it was impossible. Does this point in the direction of temporal/spacial/antimattaer worlds?

Re: Sinnoh remakes confirmed?

I totally forgot who said this in ORAS (I believe it is the scientist in mossdeep after the delta episode), but somebody said something about another dimension, but then saying it was impossible. Does this point in the direction of temporal/spacial/antimattaer worlds?

Yes and no. The dimension they were referring to is undeniably the RSE Hoenn. But it's canon in the games, manga and anime that Giratina has its own dimenion (Distortion World) and Dialga and Palkia share a dimension with Unown, which has two pocket dimensions (one for Palkia, one for Dialga). And pocket dimensions are exactly what they sound like. Pockets in a dimension that lead to a smaller dimension.

Re: Sinnoh remakes confirmed?

Zinnia mentioned the parallel worlds idea, the scientist was the one that though it impossible (he called it a fantasy after the former destroyed the component needed for the Link Cable).

Ironically Zinnia's fear about dooming the other world (read: RSE) might had been unfounded as the meteor in question might have been Birth Island there.

So, Sinnoh remakes are probably still a few years away or so, but it doesn't hurt to start wondering about them, especially if you're a big Sinnoh fan like me! And people have also been speculating the name of XY's anticipated followup/sequel/whichever.

What do you think the Sinnoh remakes could or should be called?

I just now came up with an idea, so I thought of this thread too. I'm thinking Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl. These sound so pretty. :3 Some guys might think they sound girly or something, but hey, diamonds and pearls are often women's jewelry... lol

So, Sinnoh remakes are probably still a few years away or so, but it doesn't hurt to start wondering about them, especially if you're a big Sinnoh fan like me! And people have also been speculating the name of XY's anticipated followup/sequel/whichever.

What do you think the Sinnoh remakes could or should be called?

I just now came up with an idea, so I thought of this thread too. I'm thinking Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl. These sound so pretty. :3 Some guys might think they sound girly or something, but hey, diamonds and pearls are often women's jewelry... lol

Sinnoh is actually my second favourite Poke- land, after Hoenn. And Sinnoh is actually the region I spent LESS time playing, so i´m deffinitely looking for those remakes too! :)

I think the names are a bit obvious: "Time Diamond and Space Pearl".

Those would make sense, but they don't roll off the tongue very nicely at all. And GameFreak doesn't go with the "obvious" all the time. I doubt anyone predicted "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire."

Hoenn sucks, imo. Never understood the appeal at all. But anyway.

Those would make sense, but they don't roll off the tongue very nicely at all. And GameFreak doesn't go with the "obvious" all the time. I doubt anyone predicted "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire."

Hoenn sucks, imo. Never understood the appeal at all. But anyway.

Hoenn ´s appeal comes from the fact it has the biggest amount of routes and the vastest nature, which makes it more "explorable" than any other region, which builds up the feeling of an "adventure".

But if you are more of an urban enviroment fan, and not a huge fan of nature, you would obviously prefer Unova. I´m a mix of both, and that´s why I like all 6 main- series regions.

Er, nobody mentioned Unova...

I'm a big fan of nature and tropical environments. Yet I still hated Hoenn. So yeah, still don't see the appeal.

I love Sinnoh because of the size (biggest region so far other than Kalos, which is my second favorite), the layout (I like how Mt. Coronet cuts it in half), and it has neat cities and locations. And it has the best Pokemon designs overall, imo. I think a lot of the routes are pretty too, and Floaroma Town is gorgeous. I also like a lot of features it has, like the Underground. It also has my favorite gym leader, Roark and my favorite E4 member, Flint. ;3

Simply put, I like Sinnoh's environment and nature more than Hoenn's.

Er, nobody mentioned Unova...

I'm a big fan of nature and tropical environments. Yet I still hated Hoenn. So yeah, still don't see the appeal.

I love Sinnoh because of the size (biggest region so far other than Kalos, which is my second favorite), the layout (I like how Mt. Coronet cuts it in half), and it has neat cities and locations. And it has the best Pokemon designs overall, imo. I think a lot of the routes are pretty too, and Floaroma Town is gorgeous. I also like a lot of features it has, like the Underground. It also has my favorite gym leader, Roark and my favorite E4 member, Flint. ;3

Simply put, I like Sinnoh's environment and nature more than Hoenn's.

Respect for that... and Sinnoh is my second favourite any way.

PD I mentioned Unova as a counterpart of Hoenn, never said you mentioned it.

PD2 And as I said, I like all 6 regions quite a lot actually.

Oh, my bad then. I was just confused there, is all.

I've been hearing Temporal Diamond and Celestial Pearl thrown around a lot, but all names I've heard so far have been fairly tacky, kinda unnatural sounding compared to the names the games actually get. Especially as was the case with ORAS. Before it, names like "Royal Ruby" were thrown around. Names that sound tacky and unnatural because of how it tries to make sense with either the game, or rhyme. But that's just the thing, it doesn't have to make perfect sense, just a tiny little bit. And it doesn't need to have a form of rhyme either. I can see they probably put a lot of time into naming games, to keep it from sounding tacky.

Probably something really unexpected...
But I will take a guess...
Theta Diamond and Gamma Pearl.

A bit unoriginal, but I am pretty sure primal reversion will somehow be involved in the game.

Adamant Diamond and Lustrous Pearl. Changes might be
Gaspar will not hold Everstone, in the Snowpoint trade, instead, evolving into Gengar.
Volkner uses his Platinum party, The Sinnoh Dex expanded to 210
Fantina is still 5th Gym.
Rival's Ponyta/Buizel/Roselia evolves at the Spear Pillar multi battle
Kanto starters are obtained after seeing all Sinnoh Dex Pokemon
Johto starters are obtained after catching all Gen II Pokemon (including cross-gen evolutions) in the Sinnoh Dex
Hoenn starters are obtained after catching all Gen III Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex
Unova Starters can be obtained by unknown method
Kalos starters can be obtained by unknown method
Tao Dragons can be acquired (catch rate is same in OR/AS) by bringing the Unova Starter It is version dependent.
Bringing Reshiram/Zekrom and the chosen Unova starter will allow you to battle Kyurem
Professor Juniper appears in Rowan's Lab after catching Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, giving you the DNA Splicers along with seen entries to Zekrom/Reshiram and Black Kyurem/White Kyurem
Strength is not required to enter the secret Wayward Cave entrance, allowing you to obtain Gible before Gym Badge 3 (Cobble)
Underleveled Machokes used by Veilstone Gym Blackbelts have been replaced by Riolu.
Celestic Ruins now has Wild Pokemon (only Riolu can be found)

What if it got just a Platinum remake?

Eternal Platinum

(The Distortion world strikes me as more of a Limbo. Limbo puts you into eternity.)

I would guess that it would be related to time and space, but I thought the Hoenn remakes would be called "MagmaRuby" and "AquaSapphire," and GF went with the Greek letter theme instead, so it's hard to tell. Maybe "Dawn Diamond" and "Dusk Pearl," since the fourth gen has a theme with light (Like the names of Cyrus and both protagonists).

Fake Diamond, Cheap Pearl. Yeah.

Seriously,
Temporal Diamond, Dimensional Pearl
Twilight Diamond, Light Pearl
Crepuscular Diamond, Sunshine Pearl
Something like this, in allusion to the protagonists names: Lucas (Lux: Light) and Dawn (Aurora, evening). I dont know the meaning of their Japanese names, but probably is something similar.
Or in reference to the plot, the distortion world and etc..

Anyway, I hope that Jasmine has a bigger role, similar to what they made with Steven in ORAS, and not just stay there. And Cinthya too, but she already plays an important role in storyline. But she just needs her personality and background.expanded.

Future Diamond and History Pearl
Magic Diamond and Mystic Pearl
Physical Diamond and Special Pearl (reflecting how these were the games that introduced the phys/spec split)
Vast Yin White and Deep Yang Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom