• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want 20th anniversary games exactly like the originals except for one thing. Fix the typing problems. Psychic was immune to ghost, bug and poison were strong against each other, fire had neutral resistance to ice. And duel types, when attacked only went off on one type or another. Hit a Venasaur with a poison type attack it would be not very effective, instead of neutral damage.

If they remake Gen IV, they better bring back the Battle Frontier.

And fit Arceus into the main game like they did with Deoxys in ORAS. Terminating another "event exclusive". Plus those of us in America never got to fight Arceus in the DP games.

And Sinnoh starter Megas will be a given if they aren't around by then.

And please Game Freak for the love of God, DON'T redesign the female again. Do the male this time, I didn't like Lucas.

And fit Arceus into the main game like they did with Deoxys in ORAS. Terminating another "event exclusive". Plus those of us in America never got to fight Arceus in the DP games.

And please Game Freak for the love of God, DON'T redesign the female again. Do the male this time, I didn't like Lucas.

Why should we expect the Battle Frontier, if it wasn't in Hoenn?

There are only 2 cases for which GF could add the Battle Frontier in Shinnoh remakes:

_
- fans make them see it was an error not having it in Hoenn remakes.

- The Shinnoh remakes coming AFTER the third version game of that generation (which is unlikely since HGSS was more of an exception release date wise).

I doubt the Battle Frontier is coming back. They didn't do it for ORAS because there was interview that said that people wouldn't be interested or have time for it these days. I agree with Arceus seeing as the Azure Flute failed to happen in gen 4. I also agree with Sinnoh starters getting a mega evolution because it makes a lot sense to give them one.

I doubt the Battle Frontier is coming back. They didn't do it for ORAS because there was interview that said that people wouldn't be interested or have time for it these days. I agree with Arceus seeing as the Azure Flute failed to happen in gen 4. I also agree with Sinnoh starters getting a mega evolution because it makes a lot sense to give them one.

I agree. It is unreasonable to think the Battle Frontier will be in Shinnoh, when it wasn't in Hoenn.

People should understand that HGSS recieved that copy pasted Battle Frontier from Platinum, only because it came after Platinum.

If Shinnoh remakes come in the middle of it's gen, they will follow DP and have an equivalent ot the Maison. It isn't a big issue, either way.

Last edited:
I agree. It is unreasonable to think the Battle Frontier will be in Shinnoh, when it wasn't in Hoenn.

People should understand that HGSS recieved that copy pasted Battle Frontier from Platinum, only because it came after Platinum.

If Shinnoh remakes come in the middle of it's gen, they will follow DP and have an equivalent ot the Maison. It isn't a big issue, either way.
i wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. given the negative feedback they got from excluding Hoenn's Battle Frontier (no matter how legitimate their excuse was), i'd be surprised if Sinnoh's Battle Frontier wasn't included. though i honestly suppose i'll be surprised either way: Sinnoh's Battle Frontier wasn't nearly as popular as Hoenn's (or at least people don't talk about it as much), so i'd be surprised that they'd include it despite its 'unpopularity.' right now though it's very much six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Last edited:
i wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion. given the negative feedback they got from excluding Hoenn's Battle Frontier (no matter how legitimate their excuse was), i'd be surprised if Sinnoh's Battle Frontier wasn't included. though i honestly suppose i'll be surprised either way: Sinnoh's Battle Frontier wasn't nearly as popular as Hoenn's (or at least people don't talk about it as much), so i'd be surprise they'd include it despite its 'unpopularity.' right now though it's very much six of one, half a dozen of the other.
If they didn't include the much more popular Hoenn Frontier, it wouldn't make sense to include the smaller, not very popular, and less relevant story wise, Shinnoh Battle Frontier.

I personally think both Frontiers are cool, but people prefer the original massively, from the opinions I've heard. People consider it was a step down from the original one in number of facilities.

Last edited:
If they didn't include the much more popular Hoenn Frontier, it wouldn't make sense to include the smaller, not very popular, and less relevant story wise, Shinnoh Battle Frontier.
and that's why i think it could go either way. if GameFreak truly believes (believed?) that no one would appreciate Hoenn's frontier, then, following their line of thinking, there's really no reason to add Sinnoh's frontier since it's even less popular. of course, on the other side it could simply be a sort of PR stunt in which they rile the fans and then later include it as a sort of 'we listen to our fans #lmao' (this is what i anticipate will happen with customization, tbh).

and that's why i think it could go either way. if GameFreak truly believes (believed?) that no one would appreciate Hoenn's frontier, then, following their line of thinking, there's really no reason to add Sinnoh's frontier since it's even less popular. of course, on the other side it could simply be a sort of PR stunt in which they rile the fans and then later include it as a sort of 'we listen to our fans #lmao' (this is what i anticipate will happen with customization, tbh).

It could go either way, you are right, but I hope they stay consequent to what they say.

It was weird enough saying the Frontier is boring and annoying for most players in 2014, when it was interesting in 2009 (?). Saying it suddenly started to appeal players again after a few games, would be the pinnacle of hypocricy. And I doubt they'd be so cynical. I hope so, at least.

Last edited:
So here's a question for you'll. Do you think some characters would see a radical redesign like TM and TA got in ORAS? Or you think that they'll play it safe this time around?

So here's a question for you'll. Do you think some characters would see a radical redesign like TM and TA got in ORAS? Or you think that they'll play it safe this time around?

Maybe. I can see Cyrus, Mars, Saturn and Jupiter getting a redesign. Maybe Charon if they choose to include him in the game.

i doubt it. Team Galactic doesn't/didn't have as much of an identity crisis as Team Aqua and Magma did (tbh). at best i think they'd get some update artwork (a la Team Aqua grunts), but nothing too major.

i never cared much for dpp as a region but one of my favorite experiences in pokemon was probably climbing mt coronet. i very rarely play mons anymore but i may or may not buy dpp remakes for that purpose. also after rereading a guide on smogon recently the battle factory sounds as thrilling as it does agonizing, and i've been thinking about either picking up a used copy of platinum in chicago or trying to find my own when i go back home just to go through the factory again

discussing remakes of dpp seems weird when oras came out, like, a year ago, and i have no interest in playing through 80% of dpp again but i would probably buy remakes for the battle frontier and specifically for the battle factory

I think TA and TM needed a redesign to make them look more threatening. And they achieved it.

Also their admins. Obviously Matt got a much better redesign than Tabitha, but I'm fine with that as I bought AS :)

Cyrus looks like a psycho, and it is how he is supposed to look, so I think they will not redisign him probably... I'm not sure about the admins.

Last edited:
This is way too early. This won't happen for 5+ years and Gen III isn't even done being remade yet.

Actually Gen 3 has been remade and it has been released in 2014. You may be right about it being too early though. Every remake so far is on a different game system, FRLG is on the GBA system, HGSS are on the DS system and ORAS are on the 3DS system. So if the pattern continues like this, we won't see DP remakes until the next game system or two. Five years sounds about right.

However we like to speculate on the remakes here anyway because it is something that some people enjoy. I personally like to see mega evolution involved, prehaps some new form of mega evolution for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, gym leader rematches would great and the expanded pokedex from Platinum too. I won't expect Battle Frontier to come back ever since ORAS but I believe we get some form of battle facility.

Actually Gen III has not been COMPLETELY remade. I'm not stupid I have OR and AS, but Gen III, as many have forgotten, includes FRLG. Which have not be remade, in any form of a Kanto 3DS remake. So no, it isn't done being remade yet, which is what I said. And until Kanto has a remake, Sinnoh and Johto don't deserve one. DPPl and HGSS can be played on the 3DS, we have ORAS, but FRLG can't. The next console will likely play 3DS games and that's it. Just as the GBA could play GB games, the DS could play GBA games but not GB games, and the 3DS could play DS games, see the trend? The next generation console will require Gen IV remakes, but not yet, Gen III isn't done.

Actually Gen III has not been COMPLETELY remade. I'm not stupid I have OR and AS, but Gen III, as many have forgotten, includes FRLG. Which have not be remade, in any form of a Kanto 3DS remake. So no, it isn't done being remade yet, which is what I said. And until Kanto has a remake, Sinnoh and Johto don't deserve one. DPPl and HGSS can be played on the 3DS, we have ORAS, but FRLG can't. The next console will likely play 3DS games and that's it. Just as the GBA could play GB games, the DS could play GBA games but not GB games, and the 3DS could play DS games, see the trend? The next generation console will require Gen IV remakes, but not yet, Gen III isn't done.
Yes, yes it is : the VC release of rby on feb 27.

No. Just because ORAS was remade it doesn't mean they have to remake all of the gen 3 games. They are not going to remake a remake anytime soon and this is about Gen 4 remakes. DP remakes deserve remakes more than Kanto does. RBY are being released on the virtual console anyway so that kind of rules Kanto remakes out.

No. Just because ORAS was remade it doesn't mean they have to remake all of the gen 3 games. They are not going to remake a remake anytime soon and this is about Gen 4 remakes. DP remakes deserve remakes more than Kanto does. RBY are being released on the virtual console anyway so that kind of rules Kanto remakes out.

Not really. Notice I said 3DS remakes. A port isn't acceptable. No new content, no new mega evos, no improved plot. A port is about as good as an emulator. Let's all just play emulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom