• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want Gen I re remakes first, but only with the Sevii Islands. Otherwise, I don't care what they remake next
But Sevii islands are the only region that have never been remade.

I would want Gen I re remakes first, but only with the Sevii Islands. Otherwise, I don't care what they remake next
But Sevii islands are the only region that have never been remade.

You are kidding me right? Remakes of remakes? Just saying it out loud sounds ridiculous. It would be better if Yellow was remade or produce sequels to Kanto. But I want Sinnoh remakes first, Kanto needs a long break before coming back to the games and they releasing RBY on virtual console anyway.

Actually Gen III has not been COMPLETELY remade. I'm not stupid I have OR and AS, but Gen III, as many have forgotten, includes FRLG. Which have not be remade, in any form of a Kanto 3DS remake. So no, it isn't done being remade yet, which is what I said. And until Kanto has a remake, Sinnoh and Johto don't deserve one. DPPl and HGSS can be played on the 3DS, we have ORAS, but FRLG can't. The next console will likely play 3DS games and that's it. Just as the GBA could play GB games, the DS could play GBA games but not GB games, and the 3DS could play DS games, see the trend? The next generation console will require Gen IV remakes, but not yet, Gen III isn't done.
i highly doubt they're going to start doing re-remakes. imagine the future Gen IX (VIII?) when they'd have to remake XY, ORAS, and FRLG 3.0.....then imagine that snowball into further generations. not to mention it'd over-saturate their already fairly saturated product line.

Kanto has already been addressed through Origins, XY having the "relevant" (ie., the starters, Mewtwo, and the Legendary Birds) Kanto Pokemon, and the VC-ports. lest they do a revisit of Kanto (note: that's not a remake of RBYFRLG), it's unlikely that they're going to do re-remakes, especially if the VC-ports sell well.

You are kidding me right? Remakes of remakes? Just saying it out loud sounds ridiculous. It would be better if Yellow was remade or produce sequels to Kanto. But I want Sinnoh remakes first, Kanto needs a long break before coming back to the games and they releasing RBY on virtual console anyway.

You realize that's what me, Meta, and others have been asking for? Yellow remade for 3DS... Not a hard concept to grasp.

You realize that's what me, Meta, and others have been asking for? Yellow remade for 3DS... Not a hard concept to grasp.

Actually, if you read Meta's last post then it said that he wants gen 1 re-remakes. It was me who suggested a Yellow remake but I want Sinnoh remakes before that.

I said remakes, but revisits would be fine as well. What I want is Kanto AND Sevii Islands game. Whether it is RB or Yellow or FRLG, is ok for me. But I want expanded Kanto and Seviis.

Also, ORAS blurred the line between remake and revisit. At least to me, it felt like a remake and a revisit of gen III games at the same time. I would like a similar style for potential Kanto remakes.

EDIT I tried to quote both of you, but I can't for some reason.

Last edited:
Actually, if you read Meta's last post then it said that he wants gen 1 re-remakes. It was me who suggested a Yellow remake but I want Sinnoh remakes before that.

So what you're saying is Yellow =/= Gen I? And I'm talking about other threads where this has been widely suggested which I encourage you to check out and see more about what I'm talking about.

So what you're saying is Yellow =/= Gen I? And I'm talking about other threads where this has been widely suggested which I encourage you to check out and see more about what I'm talking about.

Don't need to. Yellow or sequels to Kanto are the best options for Kanto return. But this thread is about gen 4 remakes and I want to see them come first before Kanto returns.

I'd be interested in a Gen IV remake. If they do it, though, I'd want it to be a game using the Platinum storyline, since that was my favorite.

I don't feel like a remake is needed for these games, since they are fairly new and the 3DS is backwards compatible with the DS games, so a re-remake of RBY might be happening first. I'm not opposed to that, since it would put all the games on the DS platform, but something would need to be done to spice up the games, since we've already had two versions of this region. (Four if you count GSC and HGSS).

The only thing that really needs to be done to "fix" Platinum is reusable TMs. That's one of the only reasons I don't go back and replay Platinum as much as I used to before Gen V.

Since I haven't played any Gen IV games, I won't complain for a remake. However, I'd rather Kanto regions to be remade first but not as the same as R/G/B or FR/LG; instead a post game that features to years after Red like BW2 series.

That wouldn't make it remake at all. You are talking of sequels. Kanto should wait a while because it has shown up in 4 generations in a role. Kalos basically had the majority of Kanto pokemon and mega evolutions for the starters were introduced in Kalos. Plus RBY are going onto the virtual console and are released on the anniversary. I rather have Sinnoh remade first since it is better in terms of story and gameplay.

That wouldn't make it remake at all. You are talking of sequels. Kanto should wait a while because it has shown up in 4 generations in a role. Kalos basically had the majority of Kanto pokemon and mega evolutions for the starters were introduced in Kalos. Plus RBY are going onto the virtual console and are released on the anniversary. I rather have Sinnoh remade first since it is better in terms of story and gameplay.
I completly agree with you.

Also, i particularly never got the Kanto hype.
Don't get me wrong. RBY were my first games, so I have a soft spot for the first generation. But i don't see what actually could be done that don't exist in Kalos.

Kalos were actually based on Kanto. Okay, it was not Kanto, but what was left for it? The plot were completed in GSC. The only thing that can be improved is the region and the architecture. It would be like visit Japan in 3d. And I like the idea.

Besides this, what was left behind?
The Pokemons distribution were the most simple and only 150. All of them we can get at gen 6. The storyline was okay, but really bland.

Last edited:
Thanks to the VC release striking down Gen 1 remakes (it would be redundant as fornication), this is looking tad more likely...

I just hope that if/when this happens, they don't screw with Team Galactic's character designs. Making everyone in Aqua and Magma completely different I can get (they WERE kinda generic the first time around), but TG looks okay as is.

After the lackluster hoenn remakes, I honestly don't have that many high hopes for this remake despite Sinnoh being my favorite region.

What I need 1000% in this is a soundtrack that pays homage to the original, jazzy and complex. I was really excited for ORAS' soundtrack for the trumpets and other things of course, but ever since we got the 3DS' "enhanced sound capabilities" all the music from pokemon games has seriously lacked the oomph that the series has been consistent through gen 5. I've tried explaining this to my friends but not many seem to understand what I mean, anyone else notice this about the music?

After the lackluster hoenn remakes, I honestly don't have that many high hopes for this remake despite Sinnoh being my favorite region.

What I need 1000% in this is a soundtrack that pays homage to the original, jazzy and complex. I was really excited for ORAS' soundtrack for the trumpets and other things of course, but ever since we got the 3DS' "enhanced sound capabilities" all the music from pokemon games has seriously lacked the oomph that the series has been consistent through gen 5. I've tried explaining this to my friends but not many seem to understand what I mean, anyone else notice this about the music?

ORAS seemed to drop the ball on the soundtrack. It wasn't bad, it stayed true to an updated the original, but it was almost TOO similar. It's like they just took the MIDI files of the originals and added reverb for some pieces. That said, they did very well with some tracks in particular, notably the cave of origin and diving.

For any future gen IV game, I'd hope they strive a little more for a realistic sound. One piece in mind I really want to hear is the old chateau. The original was cool and creepy, and it could be even more so with real strings and voices (and yes, I'm pretty sure some of those sounds are supposed to be voices).

Nah, I absolutely loved the music in ORAS. From the intro that gave me chills to the last scenes of Delta Episode. That, and the constant nostalgia ride, put these remakes for me much, much higher than 'lackluster'. I've even went out to get the OST for it.

Sinnoh is my second favorite region, after Hoenn. I have no doubt that Gamefreak will once again succeed in making me relive my childhood. And I already can't wait.

Only one hope. Do some more move upgrades for old moves.
Flash(+should be with priority and cause flinching by 50%);Mud Sport(+priority move+causes flinching 50%) , Double Team(creates tokens of the user, use of mechanic like in hord battles), Vine Whip(can hit multipke targets, double battles, double team.)

I hope the Rotom formes are easier to access, y'know? Its annoying that the event was so limited when its not even a legendary pokemon. And doubly annoying cos there's a bit of Charon characterization hidden inside this event, and seriously the dude barely got any plot to begin with. Yeah.. I hope he comes back in the remake and they give him some sort of actual role instead of such an anticlimactic sidequest thingie. I wanna get a chance to kick the guy's butt in a boss battle, instead of him being defeated by someone else in a cutscene! And I dunno.. maybe he could be relevant to the main plot, or have more development, or have a cool redesign or who knows what? It's an exciting thought! But I'm worried he'll just be left out of the remake cos he was unpopular :(
...also I secretly hope maybe if he gets changed they change him to be more redeemable, instead of making him super Ghetsis-level detestable like he was in the manga. Whenever I like a villain I wanna see them become a good guy, even if its really unlikely lol!

We need a remake that's brave and innovating like ORAS, with the extra amount of content that HGSS has (Battle Frontier). I don't think they will make that though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom