• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way they can connect Mega Evolutions to Sinnoh and its lore is through the Lake Trio. They basically gave sentience to humankind, so it would make sense if they had connections to megas. Willpower gives trainers the power to fight, emotions to bond with their Pokemon, and knowledge to allow reseaech to discover what megas are in the first place.
This would be completely believable for me, wow please get hired @ GameFreak, that explanation is a lot better than the mess that was Rayquaza and its backstory XD

I certainly do NOT want Primal [Box DPPt Legendary], maybe it made sense for Hoenn, but the Sinnoh Dragons don't need one.

This would be completely believable for me, wow please get hired @ GameFreak, that explanation is a lot better than the mess that was Rayquaza and its backstory XD

I certainly do NOT want Primal [Box DPPt Legendary], maybe it made sense for Hoenn, but the Sinnoh Dragons don't need one.
What do you find messy about Rayquaza's Mega explanation? It is pretty clear:

Rayquaza was flying around the stratosphere. He got hungry. He saw some suspiciously tasty meteorites floating in the air. He ate them. (They just happened to be radiated stones from the Kalos War.) Long story short.

Last edited:
Rayquaza was flying around the stratosphere. He got hungry. He saw some tasty meteorites floating in the air. He ate them. They just happened to be radiated stones from the Kalos War. Long story short.
ahh.gif

Yep he certainly did, and through that he became the most OP pokemon of them all, the end lol
The point is, we don't need another one of those stories to fudge up Sinnoh mythology, unless its with the Lake Trio which actually could relate like Mitchman said...

ahh.gif

Yep he certainly did, and through that he became the most OP pokemon of them all, the end lol
The point is, we don't need another one of those stories to fudge up Sinnoh mythology, unless its with the Lake Trio which actually could relate like Mitchman said...
Personally, I think ORAS has the best lore of all the games. I really enjoy the Mega Rayquaza lore and the concept of Primal Reversion. It is just the most suitable possible lore for Hoenn.

And while I think it would suit Palkia and Dialga very well too, I would rather have Primal Reversion as a Hoenn exclusive theme. This way it will stay fresher. Reusing it could make some people say DP remakes are copying ORAS.

And since the original DPPt copied RSE in so many things, they might not want to copy yet an other concept from Hoenn.

Last edited:
Personally, I think ORAS has the best lore of all the games. I really enjoy the Mega Rayquaza lore and the concept of Primal Reversion. It is just the most suitable possible lore for Hoenn.

And while I think it would suit Palkia and Dialga very well too, I would rather have Primal Reversion as a Hoenn exclusive theme. This way it will stay fresher. Reusing it could make some people say DP remakes are copying ORAS.

And since the original DPPt copied RSE in so many things, they might not want to copy yet an other concept from Hoenn.
I can agree with this 100%, I'm always in the minority with my friends liking gen 4 more than 3 since they always say it copied their fav gen. The last thing I need is for the remakes to do the same XD. The Primals honestly made sense for Hoenn since that is what Groudon and Kyogre are, boundless energized titans. I think it's actually safe to assume that at least Giritina won't get any mega/primal due to its Origin form...unless they retcon that as it...

I can agree with this 100%, I'm always in the minority with my friends liking gen 4 more than 3 since they always say it copied their fav gen. The last thing I need is for the remakes to do the same XD. The Primals honestly made sense for Hoenn since that is what Groudon and Kyogre are, boundless energized titans. I think it's actually safe to assume that at least Giritina won't get any mega/primal due to its Origin form...unless they retcon that as it...
Well, it really did, and I am glad it honoured gen III so much, but I found them to be watered down versions of the respective Hoenn features:

Hoenn Contests > Shinnoh Contests
Hoenn Secret Bases > Shinnoh Underground Bases
Hoenn Frontier > Shinnoh Frontier

And, also Pokeblocks vs Poffins, etc So many reused concepts. If it reuses Primal Reversion as well, it would kinda make Shinnoh feel cheap xD

PD Also, on a side note I think Hoenn's under- water feature probably inspired Shinnoh's under-ground.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed Sinnoh especially Platinum. I definitely see a post game with Arceus in it and possibly Darkrai. Although Deoxys may have been a one-off, it would be nice for another mythical pokemon to be made available. It would be good to see the expanded pokedex since the gym leaders and Elite Four have better options with it. The underground could get a large change so it be easier for players to go through but that is a thought.

I agree with you, but obviously for newbies the game wouldnt be super ultra hardcore. They could save the better movesets for gym rematches. But I agree that the battles with Byron, Candice, and Volkner should have all the moveslots filled with the best abilities of each Pokémon. And I'd love Volkner to reach Elite 4 levels in the rematch so he reaches Flint level (I didn't have the time to reach Volkner and Flint double battle so I don't know their levels in that battle)
Even low level gym leaders deserve all full move slots, but with regular moves or with better if they ever will make level scale and choice system.

Last edited:
I really hope they bring back the Underground but fix some of its problems. Literally 3/4s of my playtime was devoted to that place and I never once managed to do a single one of the multiplayer features! Taking advantage of the online functions nowadays would make it a lot more playable for people who don't live in a place with a lot of players. I think I've only spotpassed someone once since I moved, and my childhood home was even more awkward than that! I had to get Spiritomb by talking to 32 of the randomly appearing Hiker shopkeeper NPCs, its a relief that they counted as players for some bizarre reason. Took me weeks and weeks!
But yeah, in general, the underground was SO much fun even if my personal experience was a giant featureless empty place. I only got to play the flag-catching secret bas minigame at a tournement event once, and it was so fun i hope it comes back. Nabbing flags in ORAS bases is less of a free-for-all mess since they're all over the world instead of crammed into one space full of labyrinths and traps. And the excavation minigame was the most bizarrely addictive thing that has ever existed! I always used to take my Sableye with me and pretend he was helping out. I was a weird kid!
BASICALLY: UNDERGROUND BE COOL
Mo underground, or mo minigames in general! I was bummed that the berry blending minigame was removed in ORAS, I hated that thing but they should have at least replaced it with another minigame. Minigames are life, minigames are love, minigames are tapping strategically on a rock for 80 hours of game time because you've lost control of your life~!

I really hope they bring back the Underground but fix some of its problems. Literally 3/4s of my playtime was devoted to that place and I never once managed to do a single one of the multiplayer features! Taking advantage of the online functions nowadays would make it a lot more playable for people who don't live in a place with a lot of players. I think I've only spotpassed someone once since I moved, and my childhood home was even more awkward than that! I had to get Spiritomb by talking to 32 of the randomly appearing Hiker shopkeeper NPCs, its a relief that they counted as players for some bizarre reason. Took me weeks and weeks!
But yeah, in general, the underground was SO much fun even if my personal experience was a giant featureless empty place. I only got to play the flag-catching secret bas minigame at a tournement event once, and it was so fun i hope it comes back. Nabbing flags in ORAS bases is less of a free-for-all mess since they're all over the world instead of crammed into one space full of labyrinths and traps. And the excavation minigame was the most bizarrely addictive thing that has ever existed! I always used to take my Sableye with me and pretend he was helping out. I was a weird kid!
BASICALLY: UNDERGROUND BE COOL
Mo underground, or mo minigames in general! I was bummed that the berry blending minigame was removed in ORAS, I hated that thing but they should have at least replaced it with another minigame. Minigames are life, minigames are love, minigames are tapping strategically on a rock for 80 hours of game time because you've lost control of your life~!
I think the berry blending game in RSE was fairly nice and enjoyable, but there were more people annoyed with how difficult it was to make perfect berries, and that's why they simplified the pokeblock process.

They could have just kept the minigame as an alternative way of pokeblock making though, but who would've used it when there was an easier way of making pokeblocks? LOL I think that's why they scrapped it. I'm not bothered about it. (Plus, Amie and Super Training add a lot more mini games than those in gen III).

For Gen IV remakes, they would probably simplify a few things too. But if Amie and Super Training end up being Gen VI exclusive, they would come up with an other source of mini games I guess.

To be fair, we already technically have a Primal Dialga thanks to Mystery Dungeon.

I'd definitely like to see some new formes for the Creation Trio. Hopefully they'd tie the dimension-control aspects into their designs or abilities a bit more as the current designs don't really show off their power.

To be fair, we already technically have a Primal Dialga thanks to Mystery Dungeon.

I'd definitely like to see some new formes for the Creation Trio. Hopefully they'd tie the dimension-control aspects into their designs or abilities a bit more as the current designs don't really show off their power.
Technically "Primal" Dialga from the mystery dungeon series is only a translation hiccup that could not have been prevented since the idea of "primals" as in megas came in 6th gen. The primal in mystery dungeon meant dark, evil, or corrupted.

I am totally for the remakes to have gameplay mechanics related to Dialga & Palkia's temporal & spatial powers, I would love for them to play around with those ideas more than simply them having a nice little dimension tear they appear out of. I won't be impressed by mega-primal whatever legendary though since I don't use legendaries in my team for battling. That is my opinion, though. I'm not going to renounce buying the games if they do resort to that, I just think that move would be the predictable thing to do, and it seems like Masuda's creed of always surprising fans just wouldn't follow that idea.

*EDIT* Hey @Swirlix ! Cool to see another Michigan Pokemon fan!:D

I'd like to see Primal Dialga & Palkia, and Mega Giratina Altered and Origin. Even better would be a Dark/Ghost Mega Darkrai, and Mega Cresselia Psychic/Fairy. Mega Heatran and Mega Manaphy would be awesome (Manaphy Water/Fairy (hell better just slap Fairy on everything cute :LOL:)). Mega Pixie Trio Psychic/Fairy (They gave humanity the most important qualities after all). Mega Arceus in post game would be awesome. I'm feeling like it would be too much, but hell let the world go crazy!!!!!

I'd like to see Primal Dialga & Palkia, and Mega Giratina Altered and Origin. Even better would be a Dark/Ghost Mega Darkrai, and Mega Cresselia Psychic/Fairy. Mega Heatran and Mega Manaphy would be awesome (Manaphy Water/Fairy (hell better just slap Fairy on everything cute :LOL:)). Mega Pixie Trio Psychic/Fairy (They gave humanity the most important qualities after all). Mega Arceus in post game would be awesome. I'm feeling like it would be too much, but hell let the world go crazy!!!!!

Most of them seem alright. I would have gone with Temporal Dialga form, Spatial Palkia form and Banished Giratina form. Alpha Arceus form would great in my opinion.

Re: Sinnoh Remakes discussion

-In Amity Square, be allowed to walk and interact with all pokemons. This place can be an optional moment to briefly re experience pokemon following the trainer again.
Again, a nightmare to program in 3D.

I was thinking, probably not all pokemons, but the all the starters families (of all generations), and the ones that are allowed in Platinum. I just want to walk again with the Pokemon in 3D, and amity square is the perfect time for it, without having to program the entire game, which surely must be a nightmare xD

So I have some wishes for the remake:

-Important: Use the Platinum regional pokedex and maybe enhance it. The only 151 pokemon chaos is a turn off for me. Also enhance the pokedex with types, that were still rare in Platinum like Ice types or electric types.

-Better story elements. Sinnoh's story was to unbalanced. Until gym 6, nothing important that lead to the climax happened except Cyrus speaches. Explain to me, why Mars invaded the power plant and why Jupiter stole the old man's pokemon. Maybe instead Jupiter steal a pokemon, change the building into a museum with them stealing the Adamant Orb/Lustrous Orb like in the anime. Also explain more of Cyrus. Who was he? Explain more, why he wanted to destroy the universe. Not only one or two sentence.

-Region design more diverse. And that's quite important for me. Platinum fixed it slightly, but still. Detail the region like some crushed building on the mountains to add more to the old region flair, grass more detailed, more textures in caves and routes, not the same gimmick all the time etc. The region felt like the same over and over again and at the end, I enjoyed the post game area a lot more than the main part of the region.

-Use platinum teams, but with the DP E4 level curve.

-Make the underground world more interesting. Walking on long same looking paths for minutes become boring fast. Secret bases like in OR/AS

- Contest please like them in Gen 3.

-New features like OR/AS did with soaring and the dexnav.

-After the E4, you should be able to get to the distortion world. Entrance like in Platinum in the Turnback cave. Maybe a story part like the delta episode.

- Speed, speed, speed, speed, speed. Like in Gen 5 or 6. But not that slow like in Gen 4, especially like in DP.

It would be nice to have remakes, in my opinion. After I started playing ORAS and XY, it's very difficult to play the older generation games because of their graphics. I know that is rather stupid and shallow, but for whatever reason, the games just don't grab my attention anymore, and I'd love to see remakes with a new look. Also, the story is just begging to be expanded upon, and overall, I'd love to see Game Freak's storytelling abilities improve overall. It would also be amazing to see the Legendaries improved as well.

Those are my suggestions:
-The region needs a redesign like Hoenn. Give Jubilife a Lumiose and Castelia treatment, more diversity underground and between the routes.
-Giratina and distorion world in "Shadow Episode" post-game. Cynthia has a Steven role like. It's longer and has more things to do than Delta Episode. Arceus can be catchable there too.
- Cresselia & Darkai episode, this time shorter than the Giratina-Arceus one.
-Expand and give more development to the following characters: Cynthia, Cyrus, Dawn/Lucas, Looker, Cheryl and Riley. They are popular, specially Riley, the fan girls love him. Jasmine can support you in contests like Lisia in Hoenn.
-Update pokedex
-New megas
-Battle Frontier
-Redesign the female and male main characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom