• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking a bit more, I do have to say I always find it odd that they gave you a key item called the Exploration Kit when it's more or less a digging kit. I think they should make it so that every time you get a badge and the respective HM, you can show them to someone to get an upgrade for it that bypasses use of HMs like so.

Cut: Hatchet
Fly: Jet Pack
Surf: Inner Tube
Strength: Wheelbarrow
Defog: Portable Fan
Rock Smash: Rock Hammer
Waterfall: Rocket thrusters for your inner tube
Rock Climb: Rock Climbng Boots.

Thinking a bit more, I do have to say I always find it odd that they gave you a key item called the Exploration Kit when it's more or less a digging kit. I think they should make it so that every time you get a badge and the respective HM, you can show them to someone to get an upgrade for it that bypasses use of HMs like so.

Actually, my wish for the next generation, especially DP remakes, is that HM's and TM's are merged into just one move machine type. I feel sorry for all the Linoone's and Bibarel's I've caught for the sole purpose of using them for HM moves. Same goes for Sharpedo and Lapras lol

They're never going to do this. HMs reinforces one of the major themes of this game which is people and Pokemon working together, and giving the player the ability to explore the overworld without them sort of defeats that purpose.

They're never going to do this. HMs reinforces one of the major themes of this game which is people and Pokemon working together, and giving the player the ability to explore the overworld without them sort of defeats that purpose.

Needing 8 HM moves to explore a game is excessive though.

Needing 8 HM moves to explore a game is excessive though.

Most of them are actually pretty useful though. Except for Defog. Defog was a stupid idea for an HM.

I think the real problem with HMs is that you have to sacrifice a move slot to use them, if they changed the HM system so they could be used independently of your battle moveset, there'd be no problem.

Yeah it'd be cool if as well as moves, once you taught the move to the Pokemon, that move also became a Skill. If you want to cut the tree, smash the rock etc, you go to the Pokemon, click skill and there's its list of skills to use, even when you delete the move (no longer need the deleter) the Pokemon still keeps the Skills.

Most of them are actually pretty useful though. Except for Defog. Defog was a stupid idea for an HM.

I think the real problem with HMs is that you have to sacrifice a move slot to use them, if they changed the HM system so they could be used independently of your battle moveset, there'd be no problem.

And I can stop using Bibarel and Linoone simply for HM moves haha

Having gone back to Platinum and completing it once more, I definitely cannot see them ignoring it all. Emerald had gameplay changes more then story changes, all that was added was Rayquaza coming down to stop the battle and a back and interchanging interaction between the two teams, where as platinum gave us:
Improved characterization for key characters, and backstory.
Introduced Charon and Looker.
A subplot that involved the PC duo and Barry being chosen by the pixies.
The entire Distortion World

Yes there were gamplay features added, but compared to emerald it was much more subdued. I mean, compare the two:

-The Desert Ruins
-Trainer Hill
-Match Call
-Battle Frontier
Compared to:
-A back button for the Poketech
-Battle Frontier

Platinum personally won me over despite being the same base game because of the changes made to the plot and characters, not because it offered something differentm

I'm not dissing it, I'm judt saying its one of the only notable features added. I would have added the WiFi plaza, but it was the progenitor to the Dream World and the PGL website. I can see however when the games come, if ever, them introducing new minigames based on the 3 minigames featured here.

Every remake so far made changes to their Pokedex, obviously the Platinum dex would make it in. Especially when the changes mostly were made to accompany most of the Cross-Gen. Hell, it would be ironic considering how both HGSS and ORAS accommodated them in the pokedex.

I'm not dissing it, I'm judt saying its one of the only notable features added. I would have added the WiFi plaza, but it was the progenitor to the Dream World and the PGL website. I can see however when the games come, if ever, them introducing new minigames based on the 3 minigames featured here.

I guess I just placed more weight on something I use constantly like the back button over something I never bothered with like trainer hill.

Yeah, if there's anything from Platinum that's going to stay, it'll be the expanded Sinnoh Dex. They have no problem with putting cross gen evos in the dex, even if they didn't exist originally. Plus there were so many complaints about DP's regional dex that it doesn't make sense to revert it. It's a near certainty that they'll have Platinum's 210 + Sylveon + any other cross gen evos they create by that point.

Cynthia: Mega Garchomp
Lucian: Mega Gallade
Flint: Mega Infernape (if they decide to give megas to the starters)
Bertha: Mega Torterra (if they decide to give megas to the starters)
Aaron: Mega Heracross or Mega Scizor (if there are no new megas)

I hope they keep the Gym Leader/Stat Trainer rematches as well. And lol - let them all have megas XD

If we were going for Mega listing for the E4 and champion in Sinnoh I would assume:
Aaron- Mega Drapion
Bertha- Mega Hippopotas
Flint- Mega Magmotar
Lucian- Mega Bronzong
Cynthia- Mega Togekiss

I can see them being more constrained with their mega variety in games, and holding out certain ones for such occasions. Thankfully this was mostly the case for ORAS and the rematches,bar Absol. I can also see them going fir megas in the initial battles as well. And before you tell me, But Mitchman Garchomp is her signature and it already has a mega, I know that. But Togekiss is on the same level for me, and I would love to see a mega for it.

Aaron- Mega Drapion
Bertha- Mega Hippowdon
Flint- Mega Magmortar
Lucian- Mega Bronzong
Cynthia- Mega Garchomp

And while we're at it, some other characters:

Barry- Mega Staraptor
Cyrus- Mega Honchkrow

Aaron- Mega Drapion
Bertha- Mega Hippowdon
Flint- Mega Magmortar
Lucian- Mega Bronzong
Cynthia- Mega Garchomp

And while we're at it, some other characters:

Barry- Mega Staraptor
Cyrus- Mega Honchkrow
You stole my ideas! :p
Seriously though, it just makes sense to go for the 4 Sinnoh mon that are important to their teams. As for Barry, Mega Floatzel makes more sense. He does train under Crasher Wake after a certain point, so it would make sense his most useful Pokemon and mega is the one his mentor would usr.

Wouldn't barry just use the mega starter with an advantage over yours?

They should also give your other gendered counterpart more of a role in the plot with the starter mega that you're strong against.

I also hope Cynthia uses an alternative mega garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom