• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, it just makes sense to go for the 4 Sinnoh mon that are important to their teams. As for Barry, Mega Floatzel makes more sense. He does train under Crasher Wake after a certain point, so it would make sense his most useful Pokemon and mega is the one his mentor would usr.

Barry doesn't have Floatzel if you choose Chimchar, though.

Wouldn't barry just use the mega starter with an advantage over yours?

I'm not so sure, they didn't give Brendan/May a Mega starter, so I'm not sure if they want to.

They should also give your other gendered counterpart more of a role in the plot with the starter mega that you're strong against.

Yeah, we definitely need to see more of Lucas/Dawn in the storyline, and actually battle against them for once. Again though, not sure they'd get a Mega starter. They may not even have a Mega period.

Rowan studies evolution, so I would think megas starters could make some sense. Hell, I could see a subplot involving Rowan and the trio involving what makes megas tick through the starters. That is if its next gen and they still want to exploreegas in other regions.

Aaron - Mega Heracross or Mega Drapion.
Bertha - Mega Hippowdon.
Flint - Mega Infernape. Mega Sinnoh starters will likely happen in/before a D/P remake.
Lucian - Mega Bronzong f they introduce it. Gallade or Alakazam otherwise.
Cynthia - Mega Garchomp. It's her main Pokemon in most media she appears in.

As for Barry, I could see him using the mega of the starter he picks.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure, they didn't give Brendan/May a Mega starter, so I'm not sure if they want to.
They did in ORAS. It was after defeating the pokemon champion I think. I like to Platinum pokemon, gym leader rematches, post game involving Giratina and Arceus.

They did in ORAS. It was after defeating the pokemon champion I think. I like to Platinum pokemon, gym leader rematches, post game involving Giratina and Arceus.
If I were to do an event pokemon like ORAS and Deoxys, I think they would do Shaymin and Giratina "referencing the anime"

If I were to do an event pokemon like ORAS and Deoxys, I think they would do Shaymin and Giratina "referencing the anime"
Giratina and Arceus makes more sense since Arceus is the leader of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Shaymin has nothing to do with Giratina and the games are different to anime.

Giratina and Arceus makes more sense since Arceus is the leader of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. Shaymin has nothing to do with Giratina and the games are different to anime.
However, like Deoxys, Shaymin was actually released as a catchable Pokemon, where Arceus was not (officially). The anime has been referenced in games before, such as Yellow and ORAS, but I will agree that it does make more sense.

You could make the argument for them to give any of the 3 the Deoxys treatment, they're all catchable in the games and have story relevance in some way, but I don't think that's going to happen because that would be a bit much. Arceus has the most relevance to the story though because it's the trio master of the mascots, so I think a post game arc surrounding Giratina and Arceus would be the most likely outcome here.

An Alpha episode focusing on Arceus would be more epic than anything they can do with Shaymin.

As for Elite 4

Mega Yanmega
Mega Hippowdown
Mega Magmortar
Mega Bronzong
Cynthia Garchomp (I don't think normal chomp is worthy)

Barry doesn't have Floatzel if you choose Chimchar, though.

Yeah, we definitely need to see more of Lucas/Dawn in the storyline, and actually battle against them for once. Again though, not sure they'd get a Mega starter. They may not even have a Mega period.
Actually, I think after defeating the Elite 4 you battle Birch (lazy for names) and he/she has his/her Mega Starter

• Roark
    • Mega Rampardos
      • rock
  • Gardenia
    • Mega Cherrim
      • grass/poison
  • Maylene
    • Mega Breloom
      • grass/fighting
  • Crasher Wake
    • Mega Floatzel
      • water
  • Fantina
    • Mega Mismagius
      • ghost/fairy
  • Byron
    • Mega Skarmory
      • steel/flying
  • Candice
    • Mega Weavile
      • dark/ice
  • Volkner
    • Mega Electivire
      • electric/fighting
  • Aaron
    • Mega Vespiquen
      • bug/psychic
  • Bertha
    • Mega Hippowdon
      • ground/dark
  • Flint
    • Mega Rapidash
      • fire/fairy
  • Lucian
    • Mega Girafarig
      • poison/psychic
  • Cynthia
    • Mega Spiritomb
      • ghost/normal
Sure I could have given Gardenia Roserade, Maylene Lucario, and Byron Bastiodon...but I wanna set my bar high and less predictable! Those can all be normal non megas on their teams still! Lol and Mega Spiritomb just to screw with players expectations on what type to use to KO it XD

So what would Lucas/Dawn's team be anyway? We know they have the starter weak to yours, Clefairy, and Kadabra, but they need more than that if we're going to be battling them. I would throw in the Shinx line, maybe Croagunk? IDK.

Other Starter
Lopunny
Mamoswine
Pachirisu
Togekiss
Johto starter that other starter is strong against

Yes I did just pull it straight from the anime.

Other Starter
Lopunny
Mamoswine
Pachirisu
Togekiss

Yeah, no. They don't follow the anime that religiously, and they already have a partial team that conflicts with this.

They should do something about the snowy route that takes so much time getting through. Even if you avoid the trainers as much as you can the snow itself slows you down way too much - and it's unfair when other trainers are on skis and boards! If they ever choose to give us the option to ski, I want a ski lift that takes us to the top of Mt. Coronet and then ski down to Snow Point city.

Other Starter
Lopunny
Mamoswine
Pachirisu
Togekiss

I don't mind it, its actually quite a solid lineup IMO

I like that Everstone removed from the Haunter that you get from a trade. I had found that annoying and it should be replace by Spell Tag or something. Professor Rowan having knowledge of mega evolution would be neat. Maybe a special appearance of Brandon from Hoenn Battle Frontier at the Snowpoint Temple?

They should make a Water type move that hits Dragons neutrally and of course give it to Palkia, as well as a Steel move that hits Water types neutrally to give to Dialga. Both of these moves can be Sound moves.

The most important thing to discuss should be what, if any, evolutions or reversions these pokemon get. Who knows, Gen 7 could remove Mega evolutions altogether--in a world without Mega evolutions we could maybe still have Primal Reversions, however. (That'd make for an interesting mixed competitive metagame.)

The most important thing to discuss should be what, if any, evolutions or reversions these pokemon get. Who knows, Gen 7 could remove Mega evolutions altogether--in a world without Mega evolutions we could maybe still have Primal Reversions, however. (That'd make for an interesting mixed competitive metagame.)

Primal Reversions for Dialga and Palkia are the most obvious direction to go in, so unless they think up a new mechanic for them (which is also possible, but I think PRs would be more than appropriate), I'm basically expecting that.

But what kind of buffs would they get? Probably new Abilities, but they don't already have custom themed Abilities like Groudon and Kyogre.

For Dialga's... I'm trying to think of a way to emulate its time-manipulating capabilities. Perhaps something somewhat similar to Parental Bond - okay, picture this: Turn 1 begins. You get to choose *two* attacks. Let's say, Dragon Claw and Iron Head, in that order. Turn 1 proceeds, and Primal Dialga uses Dragon Claw. Damage dealt. Turn 2 begins, and you choose two more attacks. Let's go with Iron Head again, and oh uh Draco Meteor. Iron Head #2 hits. Damage dealt, but before the turn ends, Iron Head #1, which you chose on the previous turn, *also* hits. Now at this point we have to pretend that the opponent is one unholy fucker of a wall, and is still standing. So Turn 3 begins. Choose two attacks. Dragon Claw and Iron Head. Dragon Claw hits, but then Draco Meteor from the previous turn also hits.

The idea I'm going for here is, you're choosing your attack for this turn *and* for the next turn - essentially attacking the opponent's Pokémon in the present *and* the future. The second attack that you choose is the one that gets projected into the next turn. It's broken as all get-out, but that didn't stop Mega Rayquaza from happening. Anyway, I also like how it would get around Roar of Time's recharge requirement. While you are resting on Turn 2, the second attack that you chose before would still hit, even though Dialga is recharging.

I have no idea how to translate Palkia's space-manipulation into a similar effect.

Arceus would probably (and rightfully) get some kind of insane, mind-blowing, Smogon-liquefying Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion that makes Mega Rayquaza look about as threatening as an Arbok. Which is to say, they may as well turn it into PokéExodia. I would love it if it just turned into a swirling mass of Unown. I hope they would at least incorporate the Unown into its design somehow.

Anyway, Giratina is sort of a pain in this regard, because it already has an Orb that changes its form. Maybe they could combine that method with Rayquaza's method, and have you access Giratina's Mega/Primal/Whatever by making it hold a Griseous Orb *while* knowing a special move?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom