• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it just be easier just to make Dialga be able to take 2 turns instead of one like in the mystery dungeon games rather than go through all of that? Much less complicated.

Primal Palkia I would just give it an ability that puts a chance of dragon tailing your opponent onto every attack. It uses its powers to warp your opponent back into the pokeball.

Giratina I would do something akin to Stance Change. It starts out in the distortion world where it can't be attacked, then when you use an offensive attack it comes out and is vulnerable until you use a defensive move where it goes back to the distortion world until its ready to attack again. Shadow force has no charge up if you use it while in the distortion world.

Wouldn't it just be easier just to make Dialga be able to take 2 turns instead of one like in the mystery dungeon games rather than go through all of that? Much less complicated.

Yeah but it's time-travel so it's supposed to be complicated. :p

Primal Palkia I would just give it an ability that puts a chance of dragon tailing your opponent onto every attack. It uses its powers to warp your opponent back into the pokeball.

Giratina I would do something akin to Stance Change. It starts out in the distortion world where it can't be attacked, then when you use an offensive attack it comes out and is vulnerable until you use a defensive move where it goes back to the distortion world until its ready to attack again. Shadow force has no charge up if you use it while in the distortion world.

Hmm, those are pretty good.

So what would Lucas/Dawn's team be anyway? We know they have the starter weak to yours, Clefairy, and Kadabra, but they need more than that if we're going to be battling them. I would throw in the Shinx line, maybe Croagunk? IDK.

The starter weak to yours
Alakazam
Clefable
Sinnoh Pokemon
Sinnoh Pokemon
A pokemon of the main game of current generation

But taking account what they did with Wally team, puting Pokemons like Talonflame and Garchomp, Lucas team can be anything, and not restrict to Sinnoh Pokedex...

Mega/Primal Dialga could have an ability that forces opponents to move last. If that's too OP then an ability that lets it use 2-turn moves in 1 turn while adding an extra turn to 2-turn moves used by opponents (even if they used a Power Herb, or Solar Beam under harsh sunlight). Basically Roar Of Time would become an 150 BP STAB move with no drawbacks, plus it would make a great check for Geomancy Xerneas.

Mega/Primal Palkia could warp space to increase its own accuracy by 20% (then moves like Hydro Pump and Fire Blast would have 100% accuracy) while decreasing the opponents' moves' accuracy by 10% or so.

As for Mega/Primal Arceus (Primal makes more sense imo) I could see it having 120/140/140/140/140/140 stats with an ability that is the opposite of Multitype: Typeless. It would practically become a ???-type Pokemon with no weaknesses or resistances while Judgement wouldn't be super effective against anything but it wouldn't be resisted by anything either.

The starter weak to yours
Alakazam
Clefable
Sinnoh Pokemon
Sinnoh Pokemon
A pokemon of the main game of current generation

But taking account what they did with Wally team, puting Pokemons like Talonflame and Garchomp, Lucas team can be anything, and not restrict to Sinnoh Pokedex...

I mean yeah, obviously, but what specific Pokemon could they have?

Also, I expect to be able to battle them in the main game, so for those battles, they'll be restricted to Sinnoh Dex Pokemon.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, obviously, but what specific Pokemon could they have?
lol ok, my answer was lame and obvious.

Following the plot, like they did with Red, forming a team with eggs given by Npcs, or unique Pokemons found in game, Lucas /Dawn team can be chosen among: Lucario , an eevolution, Porigon Z, Blissey, Togekiss, Spiritomb or Drifblim. I don't remeber if there are other pokemons give by npcs. But honestly I doubt if the team will follow this pattern.

As for wishlist? Toxicoark and Luxray would be nice, besides not be perfect matches for Alakazam and Clefable.

lol ok, my answer was lame and obvious.

Following the plot, like they did with Red, forming a team with eggs given by Npcs, or unique Pokemons found in game, Lucas /Dawn team can be chosen among: Lucario , an eevolution, Porigon Z, Blissey, Togekiss, Spiritomb or Drifblim. I don't remeber if there are other pokemons give by npcs. But honestly I doubt if the team will follow this pattern.

As for wishlist? Toxicoark and Luxray would be nice, besides not be perfect matches for Alakazam and Clefable.

This isn't the same situation as Red though, so Lucas/Dawn doesn't have to stick to gift Pokemon. Lucas/Dawn would be more comparable to Bianca or Shauna.

This isn't the same situation as Red though, so Lucas/Dawn doesn't have to stick to gift Pokemon. Lucas/Dawn would be more comparable to Bianca or Shauna.
Yeah, I know... That's why I said it's unlikely.

I just was trying to make a team that makes sense and is not just based on personal tastes and wishlist....

Yeah, I know... That's why I said it's unlikely.

I just was trying to make a team that makes sense and is not just based on personal tastes and wishlist....

Well they could theoretically give them whatever they want, so really anything goes as long as it's a Sinnoh Dex Pokemon and it gives their team balance.

Well they could theoretically give them whatever they want, so really anything goes as long as it's a Sinnoh Dex Pokemon and it gives their team balance.
As for balance, at least a steel pokemon should be on the team, but I can't think of any Sinnoh Pokemon now. Also, I think they will go with random Pokemons that balance the team, not restrict to Sinnoh regional Pokedex, like Wally final team. So it's hard to guess, because gen IV remake will be probably in gen 8 or 9.. at this point there willl be a lot of new Pokemons and new game balance.

Because it's going to have to dethrone Mega Rayquaza, Arceus is going to need to be so overpowered Smogon will need to create a new tier for it above anything goes for it.

At the end of what I call the Alpha episode, or the postgame plot of the DP remakes, you gain the option to take your Arceus to the hall of Origin where it can assume the Ascension Forme. The statline is 150/150/150/150/150/150 and it gains the Omnipotence ability which cancels out all of your opponent's abilities and stat modifers, allows Arceus to change type when holding a plate, immunity to moves sharing the same type as it like in the Movies, and a 2X STAB modifier instead of 1.5. It also gains a physical version of judgment.

As for balance, at least a steel pokemon should be on the team, but I can't think of any Sinnoh Pokemon now. Also, I think they will go with random Pokemons that balance the team, not restrict to Sinnoh regional Pokedex, like Wally final team. So it's hard to guess, because gen IV remake will be probably in gen 8 or 9.. at this point there willl be a lot of new Pokemons and new game balance.

How about Magnezone, Scizor, or Steelix?

I would asse the Adant Orb and the Lustrous Orb would be the triggwrs, but instead of Primal Reversion I would call it Origin Reversion. They would be parallel to Giratina's Origin forme, that is, they don't have dimensions mortal beings can actually enter, but they do have ascended formes in those dimensions. Origin Reversion would allow them to accessn their power from the other side, and alter their apperance to a certain degree, which is about half the ones we know, and half ascended.

If they were to give Giratina a Mega... Perhaps it could be the reason it was banished?

I can see Dialga and Palkia getting Origin Formes by using the Adamant and Lustorus Orbs as triggers.

I can't really see Arceus getting the Deoxys treatment, I'd say that's because it's the creator of the Pokemon world. I can see Darkrai because of Cresselia. Shaymin because of the movie with Giratina, which would give us something like the Delta Episode, but about Giratina. I have no idea about Manaphy.

If they were to give Giratina a Mega... Perhaps it could be the reason it was banished?

I can see Dialga and Palkia getting Origin Formes by using the Adamant and Lustorus Orbs as triggers though.

I can't really see Arceus getting the Deoxys treatment, I'd say that's because it's the creator of the Pokemon world. I can see Darkrai because of Cresselia. Shaymin because of the movie with Giratina, which would give another "Delta Episode", but more on Giratina. I have no idea about Manaphy.

I think one mythical pokemon becoming available is enough. Shaymin has nothing to do with Giratina or the others. Arceus and/or Darkrai is what I can see in the remakes. Arceus should gain a new form so it could have the highest BST again.

I can't really see Arceus getting the Deoxys treatment, I'd say that's because it's the creator of the Pokemon world.

I don't really see how that prevents them from including it in the story. If anything, I'd say that gives them even more reason to include it, because it's important to the Pokemon world and is deeply connected to the Sinnoh mascots.

As far as new Megas/Primals/whatever for Dialga/Palkia, I think they'll probably have a new type of Mega (probably not Primals, that seems to be a Hoenn exclusive thing) and it'll probably involve the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs. Beyond that, I don't know or care what they'll do with them.

I can see Dialga and Palkia getting Origin Formes by using the Adamant and Lustorus Orbs as triggers.

I can't really see Arceus getting the Deoxys treatment, I'd say that's because it's the creator of the Pokemon world. I can see Darkrai because of Cresselia. Shaymin because of the movie with Giratina, which would give us something like the Delta Episode, but about Giratina. I have no idea about Manaphy.
That would be hilarious. At the end of the post-game, you finally captured giratina and are getting ready to return only to discover that you've had the wrong mon all along as Shaymin comes forth,block your way, then explain how he caused the violence and pinned the blame on giratina, then pulls a Flowey from undertale and tries to kill you.

That would be hilarious. At the end of the post-game, you finally captured giratina and are getting ready to return only to discover that you've had the wrong mon all along as Shaymin comes forth,block your way, then explain how he caused the violence and pinned the blame on giratina, then pulls a Flowey from undertale and tries to kill you.

They wouldn't do a Flowey Shaymin, it's too mature for the series and they don't want to portray Pokemon as evil. Although I would love a Flowey Shaymin, that would be so badass.

They wouldn't do a Flowey Shaymin, it's too mature for the series and they don't want to portray Pokemon as evil. Although I would love a Flowey Shaymin, that would be so badass.
Well they pulled a Ghetsis once, so as long as it isn't anything too violent, a hidden villain/mastermind reveal would be rather nice. All the more if the cutest and most sincere looking pokemon was the mm.

I can see DP remakes having the unique ability of being the only or one of the few Pokemon games to have a large amount of episodes. So far we only got one for XY and ORAS, but there is so much there in the postleague, especially platinum, that they can do quite a lot of mini ones. I mean look at what they havw to work with:
Marley and Shaymin
The sick boy of Canalave
Charon and Stark Mountain
Charon and the Rotom Appliances
Giratina's Distortion World

And they can obviously create original content for the Giratina plot, which wpuld add on to what is already there. Obviously they can't tie this all together in a logical way, so it will be interesting to see how handled. And considering how Buck and Marley both have a hand in two of these, perhaps Cheryl could take a role in the Rotom plot, Riley for Darkrai(perhaps they do something that males you return to a new post league expansion of Iron Island), and maybe Mira, having finally gained confidence to explore, could traverse and help find the Turnback Cave to get you to the distortion world portal.

Thete is just so muxh you can think of when it comes to DP remakes and their story, the characters and minor thrrad were absolutely stellar, some of the best stuff in the series. This is the one remake were they can't fuck up and alter things a whole lot, but considering how ORAS made something out of RSE, instead of being an incoherentess like XY, I think they can do it justice. At least I hope they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom