• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Magnezone, Scizor, or Steelix?
I already thought about them... actually I think Scizor fits more Clefable and Alakazan.

About Magnezone... Silver and Wally already have Magnemite line on their team. And Blue and Silver have Alakazam on their team. So lets vary more and put another Pokemons on spot.

I can see DP remakes having the unique ability of being the only or one of the few Pokemon games to have a large amount of episodes. So far we only got one for XY and ORAS, but there is so much there in the postleague, especially platinum, that they can do quite a lot of mini ones. I mean look at what they havw to work with:
Marley and Shaymin
The sick boy of Canalave
Charon and Stark Mountain
Charon and the Rotom Appliances
Giratina's Distortion World

I don't see why some of those have to be dedicated "Episodes" as opposed to just your usual run-of-the-mill sidequests. OR/AS and, to a lesser extent, X/Y, *do* still have those.

That being said - if they did want to include a slew of Mythical-centric Episodes, perhaps they could, instead of being activated automatically upon finishing the game, require you to clear a set of non-sequitur accomplishments, which would then "unlock" the Episodes to be activated and applied from the main menu. So, sort of like the Special Episodes from the PMD games. I feel like that could up the "reward" factor, if they're doling out free Mythical Pokémon. Maybe we could even have one for Manaphy, and structure it like the post-game mission from Pokémon Ranger. (How crazy would it be if those Go-Rock idiots crossed over into the main series?)

better question if the starters get mega evolutions?
(if both 2 forms in future like maga charizard)
what type change would you preffer? what abilities

mega Empoleon:
water/ghost?
(learns one, could get more, it would be immune to fight, Levitate?)

water/dark? (learns a lot, but more weaknesses)

- would deserve Lightingrod against electric types if water/steel.

mega Infernape:
fire/dark? (7 moves)

fire/psychic? (3 moves)

fire/electric (Thunder Punch, could be)

- No Guard+Inferno =???
- Magic Guard

mega Torrtera:
grass/steel with Heatproof

grass/rock with Solid Rock

Last edited:
better question if the starters get mega evolutions?
(if both 2 forms in future like maga charizard)
what type change would you preffer? what abilities

mega Empoleon:
water/ghost?
(learns one, could get more, it would be immune to fight, Levitate?)

water/dark? (learns a lot, but more weaknesses)

- would deserve Lightingrod against electric types if water/steel.

mega Infernape:
fire/dark? (7 moves)

fire/psychic? (3 moves)

fire/electric (Thunder Punch, could be)

- No Guard+Inferno =???
- Magic Guard

mega Torrtera:
grass/steel with Heatproof

grass/rock with Solid Rock

I doubt that they would have type changes at all. Their current type combinations are fine, and are closely related to their concepts. Perhaps a bit less so with Empoleon (although its design still contains lots of trident-like points and sharp edges/blades, which the Pokédex emphasizes), but how can Infernape, who is based heavily on Sun Wukong, not be a Fighting type? And Torterra, whose name literally contains the word for "ground" and is based on the concept of a World Turtle - it just has to be a Ground type.

I think I would give Empoleon... Filter, maybe. Its defensive stats aren't hugely impressive, but its Steel typing gives it a lot of resistances. Filter would cut down on the damage that it takes from its few existing weaknesses, giving it a bit more bulk.

Infernape gets Adaptability, I guess, if I'm feeling lazy. There's probably a better choice, though.

Not sure about Torterra

You know, I think my problem here is that the Sinnoh starters just have very, very good, well-rounded, high-concept designs that simply don't leave a lot of room for improvement. They're pretty fantastic just as they are now. :p

Last edited:
But If there would be two mega forms for each of the starters why then not give atleast one of the forms to have a type change?
Even if something is based on something that don't forbids change of a concept or a new one?
Look at Charizard both forms and say me that it is bad to create more diversity?

Starters would gain more unpredictability in battle and would profit from that, be more uniqe pokemon in that matter.

Now take Mega Venusaur, people know that psychic and flying are its greatest weaknesses, how would someone react if it would change into something that would not be weak to them anymore due to maybe a new ability and type change?(a grass/dark or grass/steel plant resistant or immune to flying type attacks due to ability and type change.)

Or Imagine a Blastoise water/steel, a ball -bullet shape armour, with Motor Drive?
I only want more diversity and unpredictability in battles.

The Monkey King would take more advantage from dark typing to fight psychic pokemon, or maybe from a ability to fight them and fairy types?
Or would you be mad?
Fire/steel would also make sense=armor for the King, to fight its weaknesses.

Empleon would also gain if it would be immune to fighting types and 1x to ground. (in some battles that would change the outcome). One water/steel immune to electric one water/ghost , that would use the full potential of the Poseidon concept.

Torrtera is a World Turtle but Ground and Grass don't say no to Rocks. (it has a rock on its back+ ice would hit only 2x and with Solid Rock one big problem would be gone.)

Last edited:
But If there would be two mega forms for each of the starters why then not give atleast one of the forms to have a type change?

*If* there were going to be two Mega Evolutions for each one (which I doubt that there would, as only two Pokémon currently have more than one Mega Evolution, and both of them are literally the most popular Pokémon ever aside from Pikachu), then you *could* do that. The question is, though, can they facilitate two whole Mega Evolutions each, and even if they can, how worthwhile would it be to do that?

Even if something is based on something that don't forbids change of a concept or a new one?

I never said that it did.

Look at Charizard both forms and say me that it is bad to create more diversity?

It's not inherently bad to create diversity, and I never said that it was. I do believe, however, that it is risky to make needless or excessive changes to something that is already perfectly functional.

The difference here is that the Kanto starters all had very flexible designs, due in large part to their origins being in limited hardware and software that could only convey so much detail. The Sinnoh starters come pretty much the penultimate era in terms of current graphic capabilities, when they were able to do a lot more with the designs right off the bat.

The Monkey King would take more advantage from dark typing to fight psychic pokemon, or maybe from a ability to fight them and fairy types?
Or would you be mad?

Honestly, are you sure that my post the one that you actually read? Who ever said that I was mad or would be mad about these things? All I did was question how much could realistically be done to add to the Sinnoh starters' already very complete and thorough designs.

DP remakes have the ability to be some of the best Pokemon games ever. If they improved from Gen IV graphics, imagine what a Distortion World would look like or a Dialga/Palkia using their signature move to open a portal. As said above, they have great potential for post-game content, and can make more to a Pokemon game than beating the league and saving the world. Sinnoh is my favourite region too, so I can't wait for the remakes actually. I'me presuming that they will occur at the end of Gen VII. Sinnoh is first in line for remakes.

Do you guys think that the Elite Four will use their Platinum teams or not since in DP the Elite Four use Pokemon not of their type specialty as well(like seriously Flint with a Steelix??) and in ORAS they made sure that all the gym leaders and elite four used Pokemon of only their specialty types even if it meant repetition(as in RS they used Pokemon outside of their type specialty occasionally as well).

Plus I love their Platinum teams as well tbh.

Do you guys think that the Elite Four will use their Platinum teams or not since in DP the Elite Four use Pokemon not of their type specialty as well(like seriously Flint with a Steelix??) and in ORAS they made sure that all the gym leaders and elite four used Pokemon of only their specialty types even if it meant repetition(as in RS they used Pokemon outside of their type specialty occasionally as well).

Plus I love their Platinum teams as well tbh.

I would think they would have proper teams akin to the ones that they used in Platinum. The Elite Four rosters are one of the few areas where OR/AS actually did make some adjustments from the originals.

The real question is, will Cynthia use her Togekiss or her Gastrodon? :p

I think that one thing that is almost certain for Gen 4 remakes if they happen, is that Zinnia will be involved somehow maybe even in the main plot.

I would be very surprised if Zinnia isn't at least referenced in DP remakes. More than likely Celestic Town has some connection to the Draconids.

I just realized something. ORAS didn't have little eyecatches like FRLG and HGSS did. Not really a huge deal, since the world is more detailed now, but I liked seeing a random ditto hiding in the cave when I entered for the first time.

Honestly, are you sure that my post the one that you actually read? Who ever said that I was mad or would be mad about these things? All I did was question how much could realistically be done to add to the Sinnoh starters' already very complete and thorough designs.
*If* there were going to be two Mega Evolutions for each one (which I doubt that there would, as only two Pokémon currently have more than one Mega Evolution, and both of them are literally the most popular Pokémon ever aside from Pikachu), then you *could* do that. The question is, though, can they facilitate two whole Mega Evolutions each, and even if they can, how worthwhile would it be to do that?

- All opinions are only opinions.
Even if they are perfect for You they can be better for Others.
Like Mega Charizard showed us.
Some liked the other ones and would like to see something similar in that matter.
This way you can boost some monotypes, make them more unpredictable.

- we got mega Blaziken in XY, then why not give Blastoise and Venusaur and others shine in later generations and games? Not discriminating others for their choices.(starters)
Maybe they want to better design them, give better work into ability and type change?
We got Charizard X because of fan protests and movements of fan bases on the net that wanted a dragon. Like we got the XY starters secondary typing: fight, dark and psychic and a non fire/fighting starter.

-Do you thing we will get in future a starter that mega forms would have totally diffrent secondary typing then the base form? A mono type that has 2 megas with diffrent secondary typings? This would be good for some. (Johto starters???)
- Starters are popular and deserve some equality in treatment.

- a water/poison starter would be interesting , imagine if one of mega Greninja(ghost or poison for compensation, maybe physical attackesr, water/dark mega could be special attack user) or Mega Swampert(special attak user) forms could become that.

Last edited:
If Sun and Moon are 3DS games we might have to wait for generation 8 to get these remakes.

Or make them NX games.

Oh the irony if DP remakes reverse the trend and go from 2 screens to one.

^^ Thankyou. I'm hoping for Gen IV remakes this gen. I'm also hoping that they give us heaps of post-league content, like 5 x Delta Episodes.

If Sun and Moon are 3DS games we might have to wait for generation 8 to get these remakes.

Or make them NX games.

Oh the irony if DP remakes reverse the trend and go from 2 screens to one.
Naaaah. With Gen 6 we got one Kalos pair and one Remake pair, I think that will become the norm, or close to it. I dunno if we are going to see SM sequels or a second visit, simply because its the 20th anniversaries something special. I can see DP remakes for 2017 like ORAS after XY, and the gen is basically over till 2019 brings about gen 8 on the NX. Its kind of a godsend that this might happeb, 4 regions native to the 3DS,and then you have RGBY and likely GSC on the eShop, meaning only Unova is really behind.

Hopefully if they do happen, DP remakes could do wonders with the space theme going on with SM, more so then the forced connections between Kalos and Hoenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom