• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the 3DS is really showing its age.

I can't see them putting any more games after S&M onto it, plus there are rumors that the NX will feature handheld capabilities.

If DP is remade watch them not include Platinum's additions like how ORAS ignored Emerald and everyone complain yet again.
I think "ORAS ignored Emerald" is the new "7.8 too much water".

It's a trendy thing to say, but not true.

However, I do think Platinum's additions might be easier to implement, because DPPt have less conflictive situations like Wallace/ Steven.

Last edited:
I doubt it (although I hope they will). I honestly think they would be more likely to reremake Kanto, but I don't think they will do that either this Gen.

Maybe, Maybe not. Personally I think it's a bit too soon to talk about D/P remakes since it wasn't that long ago we got OR/AS. They might come towards the end of Gen 7 or later, though I still think it's a bit too early for them to be possible.

So I'll only say it's possible we could get them, just not right after S/M are released.

If DP is remade watch them not include Platinum's additions like how ORAS ignored Emerald and everyone complain yet again.
Hmm, I doubt this would happen, since the differences between DP and Pt are larger, and even GF knows it would be foolish to make DP remakes without Platinum content. (at least I hope so). Basically what I'd expect is two different platinum remakes with a lean towards Diamond in one and Pearl in the other.

It's not too early in terms of actual years, but in terms of hardware generations. We're only one console removed from the DS, and the 3DS can still play the original Diamond and Pearl games. There's not much reason to remake games that can still be played on the current handheld.

By only using this argument, there's still the fact Red & Green were still playable on the Game Boy Advance, but they were remade, so in that case it's possible for Diamond & Pearl to be remade on the 3DS, but considering there's Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire... The chances of that happening died.

We won't likely see DP remales until the next handheld, if at all.

There's going to be remakes every single generation. When FR/LG came out people said there would never be any Gold/Silver remakes because they were only going to remake the first games. Then when HGSS came out people said there would never be Hoenn remakes because Gold/Silver still had the nostalgia aspect for it or were the first sequels. Then Hoenn was remade and now people are saying there won't be any DP remakes, etc.

Trust me, 10 years from now we'll have Black/White remakes too.

There's going to be remakes every single generation. When FR/LG came out people said there would never be any Gold/Silver remakes because they were only going to remake the first games. Then when HGSS came out people said there would never be Hoenn remakes because Gold/Silver still had the nostalgia aspect for it or were the first sequels. Then Hoenn was remade and now people are saying there won't be any DP remakes, etc.

I sort of agree with this, there will be DP remakes but they may decide to skip a generation like they did in BW.

However I think this gen will be the perfect time for DP remakes due to the space theme gen 7 has so far.

We didn't get remakes in Gen V. Likely what we're seeing are remakes for every new handheld we evolve to. But I'm not sure how long Pokemon will ride out the remake angle. Eventually, it will get pretty tired.

There's going to be remakes every single generation.

Gen V cries itself to sleep

Anyway, Gen IV was not my first gen but it was the first gen that I was there for the release of, so I love it very much despite its flaws. Part of me wants remakes on 3DS (because I really love the 3DS), and part of me says it's too early. If, somehow, the New 3DS became more mainstream, they could make it exclusive but I don't see that happening.

I think it's more likely to come out for the next handheld but I'll get it either way anyway, so I don't really mind.

We didn't get remakes in Gen V. Likely what we're seeing are remakes for every new handheld we evolve to. But I'm not sure how long Pokemon will ride out the remake angle. Eventually, it will get pretty tired.

Coming Soon: Scorching Garnet Truth Fire Red and Flowing Jade Fantasy Leaf Green

Last edited:
I sort of agree with this, there will be DP remakes but they may decide to skip a generation like they did in BW.

However I think this gen will be the perfect time for DP remakes due to the space theme gen 7 has so far.
Watch our luck that there is no space theme and the logos just look like that because the titles are sun and moon.

Looking back at past remakes: FRLG on GBA, HGSS on DS and ORAS on 3DS. Gen 5 had no remake because it was on DS. If Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming, then it would be on a new handheld system.

Game Freak has released a remake for every new era. I can't see that not releasing a remake of D/P. D/P is one of my favorite generation, especially for its music.

Game Freak has released D/P, BW, HG/SS, B2W2 all on the DS. As such, they can easily release X/Y, ORAS, S/M and D/P's remake on the 3DS.

I'd laugh so hard if DP remakes go on the NX console.

First remakes to go from two screens to one.
Which would mean no backwards compatibility with wii u, which would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom