• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a sequel wouldn't have to be totally reliant on the original, it could just give you enough to go off of to stand on it's own, but something crazier and maybe something that won't happen but would be unique:

Why not both? Use Dialga and Palkia's Time and Space powers to actually affect the plot; Dialga's being a sequel to the originals while Palkia's being an AU much like the HGSS Johto and ORAS Hoenn are stated to be? With some linking factor but it doesn't need to be convoluted as some would worry. I dunno, crazy 5AM ideas, but I think it'd be a really exciting way to go working with what's already laid down that's not just straight up remake but with better tools.

I'd like to see that as well and maybe GF could show us a little glimpse into the cult of Arceus. Expanding on the Sinnoh story would appreciated in my case; I do love mythology.

If they ever expand on Arceus again, I would really like for them to delve into the meat of its relationship to the Unown. What was the connection between the two that inspired the "Sinjoh" people to come together? Is it significant that there are Unown ruins near Mt. Coronet, in Solaceon Town? And, if those are significant, then what about the Tanoby Ruins? This is straying away from DP/Sinnoh material, but I want to know more about this link Arceus has to the Unown, and it's not as if we would actually have to visit the Tanoby Ruins in order to learn about them. Additionally, they say that the Sevii Islands were made in seven days, which is another parallel to a creation deity that they could potentially apply to Arceus.

Arceus has this role in mythology as a world-shaper, and yet, it also has virtually no role in mythology - it seems as though nobody in Sinnoh, not even Cynthia, knows anything about Arceus until you beat the game, and even then, it's just a theory that Cynthia comes up with, or information that the Hiker scholar manages to piece together. People in Sinnoh seem to more commonly ascribe the "creator" roles to Dialga and Palkia. But we do know from HGSS that there are some people in Johto who still revere Arceus. It strikes me as intriguing that Arceus is this hugely powerful Pokémon, and yet is practically, if you'll pardon the pun... unknown. I would definitely like to see this mythology and these theories examined more closely. For instance, how accurate is the Hiker scholar's theory that Arceus is the physical form of the "original spirit" that came to exist in all humans and Pokémon? And how much of these "godly" positions ascribed to these Pokémon is rooted in fact, versus being rooted in human exaggeration, mythologization, and misunderstanding?

Last edited:
A Diamond and Pearl remake is likely. But I don't know if it would be in Generation 7.

Not to mention, they still have XY to tie up and ORAS is still front and center (with the rare possibility of Battle Frontier DLC ._.).

A Diamond and Pearl remake is likely. But I don't know if it would be in Generation 7.

Not to mention, they still have XY to tie up and ORAS is still front and center (with the rare possibility of Battle Frontier DLC ._.).
I rather not have DLC for the main series games. Game Freak made it pretty clear they are not doing the Battle Frontier which means Diamond and Pearl remakes won't have one either.

Definitely not expecting Sinnoh remakes till gen 8.

Traditionally we've only really gotten 1 remake per handheld (FR/LG on gba, HG/SS on DS, and ORAS on 3DS) and given how late into the 3DS lifespan gen 7 is coming, I'm thinking it's either going to be a one-off generation (as in, S/M release, then gap year, then gen 8) or a shorter one like 5 and 6 were.

Also, even though gen 4 is my favourite, I sort of would rather not see them remade for a while as it'll make me feel old :T

No, they won't happen this generation and there are multiple reasons for that.

-I don't know if someone pointed that out, but GameFeak obviously try to bring every region into one system.

GBA already could play RBY, but we got the Kanto remakes because there were missing Kanto and Johto pokemon in Ruby&Sapphire. After the DS came out, you could play Hoenn, Kanto and of course Sinnoh thanks to the backwards compability, but not Johto. That's probably one reason why we got Johto Remakes and at the end you could play every region on the DS.

After the 3DS came out, you couldn't play GBA games on it. Hoenn and Kanto weren't aviable to play. Then we got OR/AS and Hoenn was covered. And now, due to the VC release, Kanto was now covered to. So once more you can play all regions on the 3DS.

So now we are still on the 3DS and Sinnoh is still playable. It would be more clever to wait until the next handheld for a remake. The next handheld won't support NDS games if this pattern continues. That would mean no Sinnoh, Johto and Unova. Sinnoh remakes would make more sense then and both GSC as well as gen V could get VC releases.

-OR/AS and X/Y took both teams for the games. More than one team are probably working on S/M. What then? One year off after already one game? Could work but the 3DS is slowly dieng already?

-I remember some german interviews with YouTuber in 2014 with Masuda and Ohmori where they said, that we shouldn't ask for a DP remake right now. Could be meant as a joke tho.

So besides that, I am pretty excited to revisit Sinnoh again. They just need to try different textures, remixing the only decent music for me great and throw some unexpected things into the game like soaring.

And how much of these "godly" positions ascribed to these Pokémon is rooted in fact, versus being rooted in human exaggeration, mythologization, and misunderstanding?
Arceus is merely a physical construct created by the Unown out of pure myth, in order to obscure the actual truth about creation.

Arceus needs a new form to take back its place at the top. It is the creator of the Pokemon Universe, so it shouldn't get beaten.
Nah, Arceus is fine the way it is. And is an event, so let's not compare it to in- game Pokemon.

More personally, Platinum was my first non-emulated game, so I have a special bond with generation IV. If we get DP remakes, I'd DEFINITELY want them to be more Platinum than DP. In fact, a single Platinum remake would be fine with me too.

This, I recently looked at the layouts of landmarks in the fourth generation, and Platinum added way more personality to the areas. Just look at places like Eterna Forest, Stark Mountain, Lost Tower, etc. I hope they do what they did in HGSS and incorporate a lot of Platinum elements into the story, as well as adding a bunch of new things. NOT what ORAS did by just pretending Emerald didn't exist with the exception of the Delta Episode. Plus imagine the Distortion World in 3D, that would be awesome. (Also please use the Platinum teams for the Gyms and E4, those were much better than DP's teams)

Last edited:
This, I recently looked at the layouts of landmarks in the fourth generation, and Platinum added way more personality to the areas. Just look at places like Eterna Forest, Stark Mountain, Lost Tower, etc. I hope they do what they did in HGSS and incorporate a lot of Platinum elements into the story, as well as adding a bunch of new things. NOT what ORAS did by just pretending Emerald didn't exist with the exception of the Delta Episode. Plus imagine the Distortion World in 3D, that would be awesome. (Also please use the Platinum teams for the Gyms and E4, those were much better than DP's teams)
Agreed, however I expect them to keep mostly the original content. I don't expect any remakes to have much content from the third version after ORAS but I hope I am wrong. Platinum pokedex was the best and Distortion World was epic. Giratina would probably get a post game like Rayquaza in ORAS.

Nah, Arceus is fine the way it is. And is an event, so let's not compare it to in- game Pokemon.
No it isn't. Arceus needs a new form to overtake Mega Mewtwo X and Y, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza. It's new form should take it to 800-820 BST.

Even if in general I don't agree with the big BST and power some pokémon are having with megas and new forms and etc if we go by logic Arceus should be the strongest no?
Maybe a sort of unleashed form? Not with an item like Hoopa but maybe a move like Meloetta (since tables are a thing for it already), they can put something like Arceus keeps its true power asleep and when it remember the move it releases it.
Still I'd love if this was a mechanic only for story mode, wouldn't be hard imo. (I seriously don't want it ruining more passerby battles)

The number of mega introduced on ORAS is on tone.
I'd like to see at least:
Mega Luxray, mega Sandstream, mega Purugly, mega Weavile, Mega Girafarig, Mega Froslass, Mega Mismagius, Mega Togekiss, mega Floatzel and Mega Rampardos.

Arceus and Giratina will get Groundon and Kyogre treatment, with primal reversion or other way to boost their stats.
Darkai and Cresselia can receive megas on their own episode.

I don't see anything wrong with the platinum designs.
but that's a pearl and diamond remake. At least give Dawn clothes that makes sense and she can wear on a cold region. Something as close as possible to an outfit that ordinary girl could wear, but with long sleeves
dawn_redesign_by_sweet_poffins-d8349af.png

The number of mega introduced on ORAS is on tone.
I'd like to see at least:
Mega Luxray, mega Sandstream, mega Purugly, mega Weavile, Mega Girafarig, Mega Froslass, Mega Mismagius, Mega Togekiss, mega Floatzel and Mega Rampardos.

Mega Sandstream? You mean Mega Hippowdon?

Arceus and Giratina will get Groundon and Kyogre treatment, with primal reversion or other way to boost their stats.
Darkai and Cresselia can receive megas on their own episode.

And what about Dialga/Palkia?

but that's a pearl and diamond remake. At least give Dawn clothes that makes sense and she can wear on a cold region. Something as close as possible to an outfit that ordinary girl could wear, but with long sleeves
dawn_redesign_by_sweet_poffins-d8349af.png

That doesn't really look like something an ordinary girl would wear. Looks good though.

Mega Sandstream? You mean Mega Hippowdon?
Yeah.... I switched the name of the Pokémon for the ability, sorry for the mind break

And what about Dialga/Palkia?
Being box legendaries Dialga and Palkia will mandatorily receive mega or other transformation that turn them strong.

That doesn't really look like something an ordinary girl would wear. Looks good though.

The problem is that I found no fanart of her redesignated in winter clothes that looked any good. I already saw girls wearing clothes like that, but they are Paris Hilton like.
Just make Dawn outfit makes sense. The the black top can turn into a jacket or vest or the white blouse underneath can have long sleeves, don't know... at lot of things can be improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom