• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of mega introduced on ORAS is on tone.
I'd like to see at least:
Mega Luxray, mega Sandstream, mega Purugly, mega Weavile, Mega Girafarig, Mega Froslass, Mega Mismagius, Mega Togekiss, mega Floatzel and Mega Rampardos.

Arceus and Giratina will get Groundon and Kyogre treatment, with primal reversion or other way to boost their stats.
Darkai and Cresselia can receive megas on their own episode.

but that's a pearl and diamond remake. At least give Dawn clothes that makes sense and she can wear on a cold region. Something as close as possible to an outfit that ordinary girl could wear, but with long sleeves
dawn_redesign_by_sweet_poffins-d8349af.png

If you're concerned with inappropriate winter attire that outfit isn't much better than the DP one and certainly not as warm as the coat in platinum.

If you're concerned with inappropriate winter attire that outfit isn't much better than the DP one and certainly not as warm as the coat in platinum.
I just think DP outfit need to be redesigned. Whats the problem with it? They did with May and probably will do the same with Dawn.
I have nothing against Platinum attire, but being DP remake, don't think she'll use the pink coat.

Dawn needs a redesign for the DP remakes. Pink skirt with black spots on the top + that white hat just looks dumb in my opinion. The Platinum design was better, but wearing a coat and still having no real pants in a cold region is weird too. I love Lucas DP design. Please take that instead of the Platinum design and maybe change the hat.

Cynthia a similiar redesign like Steven in OR/AS.

I just think DP outfit need to be redesigned. Whats the problem with it? They did with May and probably will do the same with Dawn.
I have nothing against Platinum attire, but being DP remake, don't think she'll use the pink coat.
Eh I just thought your proposed design isn't any better for cold weather than the current DP outfit.

Eh I just thought your proposed design isn't any better for cold weather than the current DP outfit.
I just showed a random picture that make her look better, I never said it was the perfect design
Don't you think long sleeves or a jacket will be more believable in a cold weather? Stocking would go well too. Don't know much about fashion, maybe a woman can palpipate better, whatever... they just need to fix it. that dress doesn't make sense for Sinnoh.

I just showed a random picture that make her look better, I never said it was the perfect design
Don't you think long sleeves or a jacket will be more believable in a cold weather? Stocking would go well too. Don't know much about fashion, maybe a woman can palpipate better, whatever... they just need to fix it. that dress doesn't make sense for Sinnoh.
You just described the platinum outfit.

DPP had the most drastic mid gen outfit swap so I'm not that concerned. Besides other than the hat (which is also bad in the fan design) I don't really mind if they don't change.

So I had an awesome idea around the whole Gen IV remake which I had a long time ago when Platinum came out. I want something like "Shadow Sinnoh". Inspired by the Dark World of Zelda ALttP. The same region, but with different paths and modification of the routes, other characters or reversed character personalities, other pokemon, a little tale around the dark world (maybe involving Giratina), shadow forms of legendary etc.

That would boost the post game so much and I would love that.

So I had an awesome idea around the whole Gen IV remake which I had a long time ago when Platinum came out. I want something like "Shadow Sinnoh". Inspired by the Dark World of Zelda ALttP. The same region, but with different paths and modification of the routes, other characters or reversed character personalities, other pokemon, a little tale around the dark world (maybe involving Giratina), shadow forms of legendary etc.
That would boost the post game so much and I would love that.
I love this idea so much, the Distortion world should be as big as the overworld of the region really. They could play around with it as a way to go to certain areas that might be blocked off by HM needed areas and be filled with side quests of people getting lost and you have to solve puzzles to help them escape and then they give you rare items for the help. I could see it as similar to the Giratina movie where certain areas with explicit reflections lead as portals to the Distortion world, and like you said it would be an anti-sinnoh with different route connections than the real one.

Idk about shadow pokemon returning though, I think it would only serve as a wild encounter-less area like it was in platinum.

Considering that ORAS are the latest remakes and still fresh, sinnoh remakes would be awhile. Not to mention that every remake so far has been on a new console: FRLG for GBA, HGSS for DS and ORAS for 3DS. It is likely that sinnoh remakes would be on a new console.

If gen 7 comes out and the sinnoh remakes are going to be released then i would expect it to be released on the 3DS because I think it would still be too early to release that on a new system let alone on the NX.

I want them but it just won't feel right to me without Kanto remakes. Mostly because of the recently established "Mega Timeline" as some of us have called it. I mean, yes we have Origins and the RBY VC releases to revisit Kanto and we know they have Mega Evolution in the ORAS/XYverse thanks to Origins but I'd still like to play it... But even without Kanto remakes, I'd still take Sinnoh remakes. Hoenn was my childhood of like 6-10 but Sinnoh was for like 11-12 (then SS became my all-time favorite game until like Y), so yeah, I'd like remakes and I hope they're as awesome and fulfilling as ORAS was (minus the absence of the Battle Frontier which I'm still terribly salty about).

You know, I said that I can wait till gen 8 on NX for Sinnoh remakea cause the overworld would be proper 3D and and not segmented maps with carbpard mountain skyboxes, but after today, nope, can't wait. Sinnoh with a huge overworld and Mt Coronet always looming in the background can happen now with SM's presentation and the more organic les blocky geometry would do wonders. Imagine actual slopes for the exterior bits of Mt Coronet, or twisting tunnels over and under each other in the underground.

I'm pretty sure that most people would have been satisfied with RS remakes using BW's engine, but that still didn't happen. I really don't see the gap between ORAS and the next set of remakes being under 5 years, and I especially don't see it being as short as 3 years.

I'm pretty sure that most people would have been satisfied with RS remakes using BW's engine, but that still didn't happen. I really don't see the gap between ORAS and the next set of remakes being under 5 years, and I especially don't see it being as short as 3 years.

You're not getting Gen 7 this year :) and a few baseless attacks at me won't change that :)

I had too. There are some obvious Diamond and Pearl hints so far with the S&M trailer, so it isn't entirely farfetch'd if we get DP remakes in gen 8.

Pearl Harbor and the Diamond Head Volcano pretty much make an appearance in Sun amd Moon
Last I checked, Game Freak didn't choose those names. Since they decided to base the region on Hawaii (for reasons that I'm sure are unrelated to any remakes), it shouldn't be surprising that notable landmarks will be incorporated.

Last I checked, Game Freak didn't choose those names. Since they decided to base the region on Hawaii (for reasons that I'm sure are unrelated to any remakes), it shouldn't be surprising that notable landmarks will be incorporated.

It just seems really coincidental, that is all.

Mega Empoleon please. :)

And I hope they fix their mistakes of not incorporating Emerald's Battle Frontier into ORAS. Although the Gen IV Frontier was my less favorite of the two, a Battle Frontier is a Battle Frontier and something is better than nothing. So yeah, Pl/HGSS Frontier in DP remakes and I'd get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom