• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alola forms being exclusive to Gen I Pokemon is not really the first-go around when you consider how many gen I mega evolutions there are. Pidgeot & Beedrill robbed Milotic & Flygon. ROBBED.

Ehh, as it stands, Gen III actually has the highest number of Pokémon with Mega Evolutions. And we know that they did intend to give one to Flygon, it's just that they got artist's block and dropped it (which in my opinion is actually a good thing - Flygon is already a fantastic concept and design; I personally would prefer that they leave it as it is rather than trying to force something onto it, resulting in something that's probably just unnecessarily spikier and with other doodads attached to it). Milotic is fairly good on its own, too. Pidgeot and Beedrill on the other hand were much more in need of assistance.

There's not doubting that favoritism was a factor with Mega Evolutions, but specifically with the ones in ORAS, it felt to me like there was at least some attempt to actually utilize the idea in a substantial way (Mega Raycraziness aside).

I understand the dropping of megas as they are no longer the new function, and due to the focus on Z-moves in S/M but the "if a game comes up in future that we think [Mega Evolutions] would work really well with, certainly we'll look into it" comment really makes me wonder what the future regarding megas is, as lots of Pokemon (namely starters) shouldn't be left out.

Oh, I don't mind them not introducing any new Mega Evolutions while they focus on Z-Moves. That's fine by me. I just don't like the potential implication of what Masuda said. I think there are quite a few Pokémon that could still benefit from being given Mega Evolutions, but now they'll just have to wait until a specific idea for a game rolls along. Which is somewhat frustrating, because unlike regional variants, you can basically plop in new Mega Evolutions with no explanation whatsoever and it'll be fine. They don't have to have a whole backstory to them.

Am I jumping the gun here? Yeah, I suppose so. But given Game Freak's history of underutilizing or just outright removing features that had a lot of potential, I can't help but get a little antsy when they start to talk like that.

Junichi Masuda says the Pokemon Company is interested in more remakes of older Pokemon games.

For those that were worried that remakes are a thing of the past now that Virtual Console releases are a thing. Masuda says that despite Virtual Console releases, they're still interested in doing remakes :D

So I guess this means there's no question about whether we are getting DPPt remakes or not anymore, we just need to know when.
That is amazing news.

I am hoping for sooner rather than latter.

That's a flawed perception. The idea of Mega Flygon came before Pidgeot and Beedrill were given Mega Evolutions (that is, Mega Flygon was explained as being part of the development of XY, while the others were part of Oras' development), and in the case of Mega Beedrill at least, the design was handled by another artist (Hitoshi Ariga) in a similar vein to when he brought him on to design Pokémon for Generation VI. It's almost as bad as arguing that a character "stole a spot" in Smash due to them being over a user's preferred character.

It's also a joke. I'm fine with those megas, I'm just discontent with the wave of favoritism.

Oh, I don't mind them not introducing any new Mega Evolutions while they focus on Z-Moves. That's fine by me. I just don't like the potential implication of what Masuda said. I think there are quite a few Pokémon that could still benefit from being given Mega Evolutions, but now they'll just have to wait until a specific idea for a game rolls along. Which is somewhat frustrating, because unlike regional variants, you can basically plop in new Mega Evolutions with no explanation whatsoever and it'll be fine. They don't have to have a whole backstory to them.

Am I jumping the gun here? Yeah, I suppose so. But given Game Freak's history of underutilizing or just outright removing features that had a lot of potential, I can't help but get a little antsy when they start to talk like that.[/QUOTE]

I don;t think you're jumping the gun, as I generally share the same concern/s. I'm disappointed that Sun/Moon won't be introducing new megas, and even more so that its now a feature they don't seem to prioritize. But we're getting off-topic with this, so :p

New mega evolutions are something that I would like to see happen in D/P remakes, though I wonder how crazy OTT the Creation Trio would become with their new form/power up.

It's also a joke. I'm fine with those megas, I'm just discontent with the wave of favoritism.
I will admit, it was hard for me to treat it like one because I had come off an argument about spots being "stolen" from other characters in Smash and your words kinda triggered that thought in my head because they were similar in my eyes, heh.

Lemme comment on the recent news they dropped. It is Masuda, of course, but can we really trust the words of Masuda right now? I ask this in light of the current Director, perhaps. In any case, I'm more or less neutral to this news. I'll take anything that comes our way, and if that's Sinnoh remakes, then bring it on.

Perhaps a new Generation may be required before a second wave of Virtual Console Pokémon will come to fruition? Just a quick theory based on nothing more than an ideal pattern...

Some minor things the remakes should

-Add a use to the foreign building: a place where it's possible to encounter one or two npc of other regions and trade for pokemons from kalos or unova.

-Expand the design's option of houses in the battle frontier. Make themed houses where we can have our own garden to plant berries and eventually find pokemons of that theme. for example:
A haunted house that can encounter ghost, psychic and dark pokemons not found in sinnoh
A snowy chalet that can evetually appear some ice and fairy pokemons. etc.... etc...

-use the platinum pokedex and for the love of god, don't exclude the battle frontier.

Expand on the Platinum Pokedex, like in X&Y, and (by the look of things) Sun & Moon.

I doubt we'll see something XY/SM size, but an expansion to about 225-250 with a few more Dragons thrown in couldn't hurt. Although that in itself might be unlikely as well, Game Freak hasn't really done much with the regional dex in remakes aside from tossing in a handful of cross gen evolutions.

I'm curious on the addition of Sinnoh forms. Do you think that this will be done?
Well, along with Mega Evolution, it is an ideal way for Gamefreak to keep introducing "new Pokemon" without actually introducing new Pokemon.

Personally I would love both regional variants and new Mega Evolutions in the Sinnoh remakes.

Well, along with Mega Evolution, it is an ideal way for Gamefreak to keep introducing "new Pokemon" without actually introducing new Pokemon.

Personally I would love both regional variants and new Mega Evolutions in the Sinnoh remakes.
or Cynthia to have Mega Garchomp(Nah, Just Kidding, that'd be WAY Too OP)

Wow so quite some believed DP remakes won't happen?

WHY???

Why the hell they shouldn't do that? Easy money without much work. Just waiting until the Sinnoh hype raises to a point where the fandom would explode with an announcement.

Sinnoh remakes would happen eventually. They bound to go on a new handheld once DP and Platinum are no longer playable on the latest handheld system.

Not that many Sinnoh references in Sun/Moon.

There is the mention of Canalave and the materials from its library being used in development for the RKS System/Type: Null

BKP Development Record #2 Anti-UB Fighting life-form, B (Beast) K (killer) The president has approved the proposed budget for this development project, so it will be implemented.
BKP Development Record #5 Materials for development have been collected from the Canalave Library in the Sinnoh region. Plans are being drawn up for the specifications of the Type change program, known as the RKS System. Work is underway on designing the specifications of special memories for said system.
BKP Development Record #7 Collection of cells of all Types for genetic modeling has been completed. Blueprints for the skeletal structure have been approved, and incubation of the bio-frame is underway.
BKP Development Record #11 Dummy test of the RKS System program has been completed. Type has been successfully altered with all 18 special memories. The transplantation of the RKS System program to the models is underway. The BK’s official name has been set as Type: Full.
BKP Development Record #18 Production of three models has been completed. They are identified as serial number 01, serial number 02, and serial number 03. All three models rejected the RKS System upon initialization during testing. Shortly after these initialization errors, all three models of Type: Full went berserk.
BKP Development Record #44 Models have been fitted with control masks to mitigate the effects of their rejection of the RKS System. Due to the implementation of these control masks, our RKS System initialization tests have failed. All three models of Type: Full are to be cryogenically frozen for the rest of eternity. The name of these models has been changed from Type: Full to Type: Null.

The only curious thing is that records state that three Type: Null models have been completed. We know that one was taken by Gladion. The second one was given to the player character in the postgame by Gladion. That means that the third model has either been destroyed or we will be seeing it again in one of the future games. Perhaps the Sinnoh remakes?

If there's only one model left, they're probably saving it for the next generation rather than making it available in the near future. I guess it would make sense to leave it for Sinnoh rather than the next region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom