• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch them release Sinnoh remakes in 2018 and on the 3DS to break all remake patterns. :p
More like 2017 since remakes are not as difficult to make as main series games. Plus another break so close to the previous one is still overkill.

More like 2017 since remakes are not as difficult to make as main series games. Plus another break so close to the previous one is still overkill.

Don't think it's more or less difficult. They don't have to design new mons but probably will do something like Mega/Alolan forms, so it will be the same. If I could choose they'd put new megas in (will always say: hate them, but since they exist every one needs to have one) and regional variants of Johto Pokémon (in places such as Mt. Coronet)

Patterns can be broken. But we could get SM sequels instead. I do not want another break however.
2018 would still break patterns and would give them time to make the Sinnoh remakes right. You had such problems with ORAS, so why not want them to spend more time on Sinnoh remakes?

2018 would still break patterns and would give them time to make the Sinnoh remakes right. You had such problems with ORAS, so why not want them to spend more time on Sinnoh remakes?
Breaks should be for the first pair of games of a new gen. Patterns do break but this is one that I don't want. 2017 is unlikely to be a break and I hope it is not.

Breaks can happen whenever and we should just deal with it.

Anyway, Sinnoh remakes better have Platinum's story. That would make them legendary! :)

True breaks can happen whenever but I rather not have 2017 as a break. I loved Platinum and the story. I don't think they change the story much for DP remakes. Just have a few minor changes but mostly the same.

I actually want customization to be a staple feature. It should be in every game in the future regardless of whether they're remakes or not.

This should be in the Sinnoh irregardless that it wasn't in the originals.

I actually want customization to be a staple feature. It should be in every game in the future regardless of whether they're remakes or not.

This should be in the Sinnoh irregardless that it wasn't in the originals.
Customization is a rubbish feature that would be a downside to DP remakes. I wish GF do away with customization altogether.

I'd like to have customization only in the postgame, for online battles and stuff. Not during the main story.

I'd like to have customization only in the postgame, for online battles and stuff. Not during the main story.

You already have the capability to approach it in this manner.

But why do that when it deprives everybody else who likes to use it ASAP from that option? It's a completely needless restriction.

My opinion is that since we have customization, future generations of player won't have the same feeling for the characters such as Red, Green, Blue (Leaf), Gold, Silver, Kris, etc etc etc. Having the default during the main story will make them remember the characters and having customization in postgame will satisfy people's need for it. Thoughts?

My opinion is that since we have customization, future generations of player won't have the same feeling for the characters such as Red, Green, Blue (Leaf), Gold, Silver, Kris, etc etc etc. Having the default during the main story will make them remember the characters and having customization in postgame will satisfy people's need for it. Thoughts?

Making Red, Ethan, etc. feel like distinct characters has never been the goal, though. Red only became such out of their desire to give GS a "full circle" ending. In every other instance, it's supposed to be your journey, hence the amount of input we're given to name the character and choose their gender and team.

Hell, choosing what clothes Calem wears is going to do less damage to his autonomy than changing his name entirely.

Besides that, I... doubt very many people, especially kids, care about maintaining the integrity of "[Insert Default Character Here]'s story."

Don't expect Battle Frontier to return. HGSS were the last to have it. Every game after that featured some other battle facility. Uncertain of pokedex but could include cross gen evolutions and pre evolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom