• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion. DP remakes should have better improvements with mega evolution existing and so on.

Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion.
This statement makes absolutely no sense.
First, just because, in your opinion, Stars isn't being made, doesn't mean it isn't.
Second, that's not a reason for Kalos to not be in Stars.
Instead you could say:
"I don't think they're making Stars, but if they were, I wouldn't want/don't think Kalos will be in it."

Kalos won't be in Stars because the Star rumor is fake in my opinion. DP remakes should have better improvements with mega evolution existing and so on.
We'll see. I could see Stars happening, but its a possibility that it won't also. D/P remakes are bound, no matter what. Just depends when.

I see only really two actual hints for Sinnoh remakes. The RKS System with Type: Null and Sylvally and the different dimension.

So not really much for it then. The rest of the "hints" are really vague and not really anything.

This statement makes absolutely no sense.
First, just because, in your opinion, Stars isn't being made, doesn't mean it isn't.
Second, that's not a reason for Kalos to not be in Stars.
Instead you could say:
"I don't think they're making Stars, but if they were, I wouldn't want/don't think Kalos will be in it."
Why would Kalos be in Stars? It was completed in XY so it doesn't need to come back. If Stars is real then I hope the bit about it being a Switch exclusive is false so that I and other 3DS users can get it.

Sorry. I didn't say Kalos was going to be in Stars. You were implying that it wouldn't be in Stars.
Even so, Kalos and Alola are too far away from each other. So it is natural to assume that Kalos wouldn't be in the Stars game.

I just want to say none of the gen 3,4, or 6 games revealed conclusive evidence on the existence of remakes in those games so saying that type null/the allusions to sinnoh myths etc doesn't count is just as fallible as those who adamantly argue that DP remakes are confirmed next year because they are.

I see you conveniently forgot about Wally.
Not redesigning Wally makes sense though, as the kid just got a redesign.

Cynthia however hasn't gotten a redesign in 10 years, while all the others (some from newer games) in the Battle Tree do. You gotta admit that's suspicious.

Though with the Stars rumor going on now, I doubt we're getting Sinnoh remakes next. Let it be the next thing after Stars then :p

Last edited:
Why would Kalos be in Stars? It was completed in XY so it doesn't need to come back. If Stars is real then I hope the bit about it being a Switch exclusive is false so that I and other 3DS users can get it.

By the same logic, we didn't need FRLG, HGSS, ORAS, BW2 because Red and Green, Gold Silver, RS and BW contributed enough to their respective regions.

I think DP remakes will definitely happen, but I can't see it happening before 2019 personally.
The only solid hint to them is Silvally and the RKS system. But I just see that more as a continuing trend where things that start out as being unique to legendaries eventually get passed down to normal Pokemon. Back in Gen 3 being able to change forms was exclusive to Deoxys, now you'd struggle to count off the top of your head that amount of ordinary Pokemon that can change between forms.

I think DP remakes will definitely happen, but I can't see it happening before 2019 personally.
The only solid hint to them is Silvally and the RKS system. But I just see that more as a continuing trend where things that start out as being unique to legendaries eventually get passed down to normal Pokemon. Back in Gen 3 being able to change forms was exclusive to Deoxys, now you'd struggle to count off the top of your head that amount of ordinary Pokemon that can change between forms.
There's also the Dimensional Research Center and several others.

There's also the Dimensional Research Center and several others.

The Dimensional Research Lab is really more of a Gen V reference though, seeing as it's run by a Gen V character, and one of the labcoats there mentions that Burnet used to study the Interdream Zone (plus, Burnet is even the person who gives you the Reveal Glass in these games, as a nod to the Dream Radar being what introduced the Kami trio's Formes).

I mean yeah yeah it's got some files on Sinnoh Pokémon, but that's more to back up the idea that there are already Pokémon with ties to other dimensions, in order to provide pretext for the Ultra Beasts. And there aren't even a lot of these examples to choose from anyway - as far as I know, the only other Pokédex entries that clearly mention alternate dimensions are Porygon-Z's (another Sinnoh Pokémon), Haunter's, and Mega Gengar's. Outside of the Pokédex, I guess there's also Hoopa, but indeed, somebody in the Lab's lobby already alludes to it.

By the same logic, we didn't need FRLG, HGSS, ORAS, BW2 because Red and Green, Gold Silver, RS and BW contributed enough to their respective regions.
Nope. The remakes were needed and the sequels to BW were to give Kyurem a background story. Kalos isn't coming back. I take DP remakes on 3DS over Stars on Switch any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom