• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle Tree is harder than Maison so I don't want it in DP remakes. They probably give the remakes some kind of facility.

Battle Tree is harder than Maison so I don't want it in DP remakes. They probably give the remakes some kind of facility.
Those are type of reasons why I don't mess with any battle facilities, GF should have just give a better post-story without the Battle Facility, I mean What's the point of a Battle Froniter, or Battle Tree anyway?

I want to see Sinnoh remakes eventually. But not in 2017. It feels too early after the last remakes, ORAS. The gap of 5 years between remakes feels just right.

Long enough for the previous remakes to settle, demand for the next remakes to build up and for technology to advance to make a graphical improvement from the original pair.

Well there is always sequels which sells more than a standard third version in my opinion. But Gen 4 remakes would come one way or another.

I want to see Sinnoh remakes eventually. But not in 2017. It feels too early after the last remakes, ORAS. The gap of 5 years between remakes feels just right.

Long enough for the previous remakes to settle, demand for the next remakes to build up and for technology to advance to make a graphical improvement from the original pair.
We know GF wouldn't follow that pattern, they'll eventually break the pattern, We just have to see what happens in 2017, if we get DP remake, that fine, if we get Pokemon Star or a sun and moon sequel that's fine too, The only thing we need to focus is what game will it come out in 2017
Well there is always sequels which sells more than a standard third version in my opinion. But Gen 4 remakes would come one way or another.
Main games and Remake do sell a lot better than third versions and sequel, because third version is just an expansion from the original and sequel is likely the same thing as third version, but with a different story and different characters

I hoped we'd get another remake for 3DS only for them to have more time do develop a new engine for Switch and make it amazing, but rumors say otherwise...

I hoped we'd get another remake for 3DS only for them to have more time do develop a new engine for Switch and make it amazing, but rumors say otherwise...
We might get DP remake on 3DS, since sun and moon started off on 3DS, and as for switch, they sholud just wait till gen 8 for switch, they always started off with a new gen on a brand new system

Sinnoh remakes on the 3DS would be stretching its capabilities even more than Sun and Moon. The graphical jump wouldn't be all that significant.

Compare GB -> GBA, GBC -> DS, GBA -> 3DS. All three made a extravagant leap in graphics.

A jump from DS -> 3DS wouldn't feel like a big enough graphical change. It would have been the same if Hoenn remakes happened in Gen 5 (GBA -> DS).

3DS can handle SM so DP remakes would be no problem for it. Yes, remakes happen on different handhelds to each other but it doesn't mean it has to be like that this time.

3DS can handle SM so DP remakes would be no problem for it. Yes, remakes happen on different handhelds to each other but it doesn't mean it has to be like that this time.
yeah, we know GF wouldn't follow the pattern of each system for remakes, so we likely to see DP remake in 2017 on 3DS, but we don't know anything on Pokemon star, we don't know if it;s real or not

If you want to play DP on your DS so bad just buy a cartridge off the Internet and plug it into your 3DS.

The "remakes must be on a new console" pattern can be broken just like almost every other pattern in the series you know.

The "remakes must be on a new console" pattern can be broken just like almost every other pattern in the series you know.
Gamefreak can also break the "every generation must have all its games on the same console" pattern you know.

They could but some won't like that. Hopefully they keep the pattern and withhold main series games on Switch until gen 8. It be very interesting to see what they can do with remakes of DP.

I feel we'll see the interesting sights of Sinnoh remakes not for quite some time. I am glad for that.

Hopefully, Cynthia catches a counter against Fairy by then. :p

I used to be supportive of DP remakes in 2017. Then I played sun and moon and had flashbacks to all the double battle zones in the originals and shuddered at having those on the SM engine. BTW this is my opinion so idgaf if you like lag in your pokemon.

Now I hope gamefreak isn't stupid enough to try these games unless it is on the switch.

Cynthia already has a counter to fairies btw. Its called roserade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom