• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would Sinnoh remakes still have gyms? Or, will they put in something else?
I hope so. I prefer the gym feature than trials (haven't played them yet, but the concept doesn't attract me a lot). They could make a fusion between them, with tasks to do instead of the traditional puzzles and in the end you fight the leader.

What I really would like is to have the gym battle adapt to your progression. Instead of having some leaders with 2 Pokémon and you going in with 6, overleveled, we could have a trigger that set the leader's Pokémon and their level to adapt to yours. Maybe all 3v3 solo battles? Maybe we could only "subscribe" Pokémon who passed a criteria?

If Gyms return, they should really be different than the Gyms of the past. Trials really were a breath of fresh air after 20 years of the same old, same old.
No they won't. DP remakes would stick to the originals when it comes to gyms. They are not going to change that format.

So, would Sinnoh remakes still have gyms? Or, will they put in something else?

OFC they'd still have Gyms~ Why wouldn't they? ORAS kept the Poke Marts separate from Pokemon Centers despite them being combined since BW and the E4 was traversed in the same linear order as the originals~ What logical reason would they have to not have Gyms where Sinnoh has established canonical Gyms?

Alternately, they'll bring in the Platinum/HGSS school of thought and design the Gyms with some sort of gimmick to get to the Gym Leader, but in a similar vein to the Sun and Moon trials. That good, are we good?

Since Sun and Moon were such different games, perhaps the DP remakes could end up something close to a re-imagining rather than a remake. Being less loyal to the original but adding a lot more in terms of content, especially considering the increase in focus on the plot within Gen 7 so far. I think this could actually be a good thing.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one who noticed the parallels between the final boss/plot of the Delta Episode and the plot of 'Red' and 'Blue' Rescue Team.
When during the end of the game, the final boss (who is Rayquaza) has to be convinced by the player to save the world from a falling meteorite.
Also, interestingly enough, the last boss in the post game, is Deoxys found where Rayquaza destroyed the star.

Perhaps something, if vaguely similar to the end of 'Time', 'Sky' and 'Darkness'.
Which would make the final legendary in the post-game of the DP remakes, Darkrai. Not sure if it makes more or less sense than Arceus.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence and I'm looking too much into it, but it might be nice to see.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence and I'm looking too much into it, but it might be nice to see.

I don't think it's a coincidence exactly - I don't know if it was an original concept for RB Rescue Team, or if they simply lifted the idea from the opening of Destiny Deoxys, but either way, those portrayals together did set up a recognizable, easily-integrated pattern for ORAS to use. But I think ORAS's main goal was just to get us into space to fight Deoxys in order to canonize the old playground rumors, so the scene would likely have taken a similar form even without the preceding examples.

So, unless DP remakes specifically want to do something with Darkrai in-game, then there's not much of a reason to draw from PMD:TDS in that fashion.

That being said, I certainly don't think I'd mind an interconnected plot involving the Sinnoh dragons, Arceus, and perhaps a more villainous Darkrai.

I know they'll stick with the old formats in Gen 4 remake, but I hope they don't bring back HMs and keep Pokeride in the game, because HMs are a pain in the butt, they're a couple of thing they'll bring back from sun and moon and from previous games
  • New exclusive Z-Moves
  • Z-Power (Z-Move, and Z-forms)
  • New Mega Evolutions
  • New Primal Reversion
  • Gyms
  • PokeRide. No HMs
  • SOS Battles
  • Horde Encounter
  • Sky Battles
  • Inverse Battle
  • Super Training
  • National Pokedex
  • Battle Tree or a new Battle Facility
  • Bikes
  • Soaring in the Sky
  • Pokemon Contest
  • Super Secret Bases
  • Hyper Training
  • Poke Finder
  • Ultra Beasts
  • Safari Zone
  • Battle Style Poses
  • Vs Seeker
  • Pokemon Radar
  • The Alternate World
  • Poke Refresh
  • Gym Leader Rematches
  • Elite Four and Champion Rematches

The Gen IV remake might not have gyms. I actually came up with ideas for Trials in the Sinnoh region.
Sorry but trials are not going to happen DP remakes. There is a reason remakes are called remakes. They are going to stick to the gyms because they are part of the original games. ORAS and FRLG never replace the gyms so neither will DP remakes.

Sorry but trials are not going to happen DP remakes. There is a reason remakes are called remakes. They are going to stick to the gyms because they are part of the original games. ORAS and FRLG never replace the gyms so neither will DP remakes.
They'll stick with the old formats from the original games, they'll probably bring new mechanics from sun and moon, it wouldn't make since if they have Trials in DP remake, So ?I agree with you on this one.

The Gen IV remake might not have gyms. I actually came up with ideas for Trials in the Sinnoh region.

They're called "The Island Trials" and "The Alola Challenge" for a reason, LOL, Sinnoh is not going to have Island Trials. They have Gyms, they have Gym Leaders, this is a fact. Why would they put trials on Sinnoh when they're pretty very obviously specific to Alola?

They're called "The Island Trials" and "The Alola Challenge" for a reason, LOL, Sinnoh is not going to have Island Trials. They have Gyms, they have Gym Leaders, this is a fact. Why would they put trials on Sinnoh when they're pretty very obviously specific to Alola?
Call them Sinnoh Trials. Problem solved.

Though I do doubt that Sinnoh will have trials, since it's a remake. But I don't think the trial mechanic has to be specific to Alola, a simple name change really fixes that.

Call them Sinnoh Trials. Problem solved.

Though I do doubt that Sinnoh will have trials, since it's a remake. But I don't think the trial mechanic has to be specific to Alola, a simple name change really fixes that.

I never said I don't think we'll ever be seeing trials again~ They could pop up again somewhere~ But in Sinnoh where they have an established League based on Gyms?~ ORAS didn't even combine Pokemon Centers and Marts, what makes people think they'll literally rewrite the Gyms as Trials?

ORAS didn't even combine Pokemon Centers and Marts, what makes people think they'll literally rewrite the Gyms as Trials?

My faint glimmer of hope crossed with the observation that the remakes have shown a gradual increase in revisionism with each installment.

Of course, realistically it probably will be Gyms, but even those don't have to be boringly straightforward as long as they put some thought into them and opt for a more Trial-like approach.

My faint glimmer of hope crossed with the observation that the remakes have shown a gradual increase in revisionism with each installment.

Of course, realistically it probably will be Gyms, but even those don't have to be boringly straightforward as long as they put some thought into them and opt for a more Trial-like approach.

Trials are what makes Alola unique, IMO~ I'd rather them not try to shoehorn them into Sinnoh remakes where they weren't there originally just for the sake of having them~ If trials are done again, it should be done properly in a region made specifically for trials~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom