• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for one, how would it be implemented? What would a Human add to a Pokémon? We're not exactly capable of breathing fire, and while there are Psychics, they're apparently in the minority with just a few along a route and occasionally a Gym. If there's nothing that can be added, then there is no point.

And if you use it to 'up' the A.I, then you'll need to figure out a perfect balance of intelligence and gameplay, as being too smart would lock some players in a unending loop of getting their arses kicked by, say, Calm Mind, Fissure, Recover and Rock Slide (as you don't know what the Pokémon could have until you fight it), while too easy and it'll be just like any other Pokémon battle.

Secondly, a plot twist is only good once, then it can become expected. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father, that was a major plot twist. Now everyone is anticipating Rey as being Luke's daughter, which kinda ruins the whole 'twist' aspect. Besides, I believe we all recall Pokémon ReBURST and how silly the Pokémon fusions looked in that with Zekrom, do you really want to see Cyrus try it with Dialga, Palkia or Giratina?

Secondly, a plot twist is only good once, then it can become expected. Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father, that was a major plot twist. Now everyone is anticipating Rey as being Luke's daughter, which kinda ruins the whole 'twist' aspect. Besides, I believe we all recall Pokémon ReBURST and how silly the Pokémon fusions looked in that with Zekrom, do you really want to see Cyrus try it with Dialga, Palkia or Giratina?

I think it would far more subtle, Cyrus would perhaps gain some traits Giratina has rather than literally fusing with them. Perhaps he'll gain the wings, get taller and have a dark skin tone. Instead of being half human and half centipede hell dragon. Another idea is that his form simply 'changed' while being in the Distortion World for too long. He would look a little different, far more menacing and perhaps would have gained some powers, but not become a Pokemon of course.

Well for one, how would it be implemented? What would a Human add to a Pokémon?
The whole point of Mega Evolution and Z-moves is that humans and Pokemon with a strong enough connection can give rise to greater power than ordinary wild Pokemon can. In other words, humans have something magical that allows the Pokemon to reach their full potential, to go beyond the ordinary.

If a human and a Pokemon in separate bodies can reach overwhelming power, why wouldn't a potential human/Pokemon fusion hold even greater potential?

I think it would far more subtle, Cyrus would perhaps gain some traits Giratina has rather than literally fusing with them. Perhaps he'll gain the wings, get taller and have a dark skin tone. Instead of being half human and half centipede hell dragon. Another idea is that his form simply 'changed' while being in the Distortion World for too long. He would look a little different, far more menacing and perhaps would have gained some powers, but not become a Pokemon of course.
Naw, I still don't see it happening. Then again, I can't see much transferring over to DPPl Remakes/Sequels (though let's face it, they're going to be remakes. They don't have to spend nearly as much time on the plot for remakes, otherwise we should have had RSEquels focusing on the lingering effects of awakening Groudon or Kyogre, such as Hoenn dealing with the drought or flood damages and a team trying to capitalize on the havoc caused), but the fusion thing I just don't see being a big thing for the series.

The whole point of Mega Evolution and Z-moves is that humans and Pokemon with a strong enough connection can give rise to greater power than ordinary wild Pokemon can. In other words, humans have something magical that allows the Pokemon to reach their full potential, to go beyond the ordinary.

If a human and a Pokemon in separate bodies can reach overwhelming power, why wouldn't a potential human/Pokemon fusion hold even greater potential?
Because the connection is supposed to be one of support and trust between spirits. Consider that it was a major surprise that Lysandre was able to cause a Mega Evolution, and even then I suspect technology had something to do with it, then why would Cyrus, who thinks of spirit as a flaw to be removed, use what he thinks of as worthless?

And for future teams, I don't think they'll be that desperate to do something that only two people have done before, one accidentally and it severely hampered his ability to do anything (he couldn't have just programmed the computer to automatically start the system after a set time, despite programming a box system to store Pokémon?) and the other ended up near comatose and poisoned.

Naw, I still don't see it happening. Then again, I can't see much transferring over to DPPl Remakes/Sequels (though let's face it, they're going to be remakes. They don't have to spend nearly as much time on the plot for remakes, otherwise we should have had RSEquels focusing on the lingering effects of awakening Groudon or Kyogre, such as Hoenn dealing with the drought or flood damages and a team trying to capitalize on the havoc caused), but the fusion thing I just don't see being a big thing for the series.
True, although I won't dismiss the idea of sequels completely since Pokemon has been acting very unexpected with its plots as of recent, Something like this could also appear in the after game instead of the main one. Even if there is no 'fusion' I guess it doesn't destroy the idea that Cyrus gained some kind of power, or control after so much time spent in the distortion world.

I'm talking about, are Remake and sequel are the same thing, or are they different?
A remake would have the same or very similar plot to the original DP games (or possibly Platinum)
A sequel would be set any amount of time after the events in DP or Platinum (so like Black and Black2 being sequels of each other). Cyrus would have already been spending some time the distortion world, Saturn possibly gaining some information on new energy (say the infinity energy from the other universe?).

I highly doubt Saturn will be the villain, if we get sequels (which if a pretty big 'if' I must admit.) Perhaps instead it would be some 'rogue' members of the new Team Galactic who who want to use the new energy sources for more malicious and dangerous purposes.

(so like Black and Black2 being sequels of each other)
Bit poorly worded there, that implies Black Version is a sequel to Black Version 2. "Such as 'Black 2' being a sequel to 'Black'" would be better.

Bit poorly worded there, that implies Black Version is a sequel to Black Version 2. "Such as 'Black 2' being a sequel to 'Black'" would be better.
But it's still kind of obvious what I meant?
Should I edit the previous message so other people won't get confused?

Besides, I believe we all recall Pokémon ReBURST and how silly the Pokémon fusions looked in that with Zekrom, do you really want to see Cyrus try it with Dialga, Palkia or Giratina?

I actually liked those designs.

As for Cyrus trying to attempt to fuse with Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, I can see it happen if Cyrus actually wants to use the power himself and to own it.

I actually liked those designs.

As for Cyrus trying to attempt to fuse with Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, I can see it happen if Cyrus actually wants to use the power himself and to own it.
That's a good idea, but I don't see this pokemon fusion happening because of the whole pokemon reburst manga, I don't think they'll be a purpose of a human and pokemon fusing together, that's the reason we got Z-moves and Mega evolution. I liked the whole Synchro Evolution/Bond Phenomenon thing between Ash and Greninja. But the whole Pokefusion is weird, well not weird for Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem fusing together, but Human and Pokemon fusing is weird and crazy
A remake would have the same or very similar plot to the original DP games (or possibly Platinum)
A sequel would be set any amount of time after the events in DP or Platinum (so like Black and Black2 being sequels of each other). Cyrus would have already been spending some time the distortion world, Saturn possibly gaining some information on new energy (say the infinity energy from the other universe?).

I highly doubt Saturn will be the villain, if we get sequels (which if a pretty big 'if' I must admit.) Perhaps instead it would be some 'rogue' members of the new Team Galactic who who want to use the new energy sources for more malicious and dangerous purposes.
So which do you prefer DP remake or DP sequel?

Ruby and Sapphire had the Emerald "update," and yet the remakes were still of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald.
I wanna see a remake of Platinum more more than original DP, but going off of past trends, I am not getting my hopes up at all.

Quite a late answer.

ORAS had Emerald elements into it, but not all of them. BF is missing, also the leader rematches. It felt more like ORAS had half of the Emerald features and half new stuff like the E4 rematches, soaring and the delta episode. As a Ruby/Sapphire remake, ORAS was a good remake. As an update for the original gen 3 games including Eemerald, it was on par with Emerald -> mediocre remake. HG/SS beeing better than Crystal wasn't hard since Crystal didn't introduced many new features and was arguably the weakest third version. Also the plot of crystal was an extra to the standard plot of GS, so it wasn't hard to implement them into HG/SS. Emeralds plot was different of R/S, since Rayquaza took the role as the main legendary of the game. OR/AS were remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald. The msot extras of Emerald was in the Delta episode. The Magma/Aqua battles in Moosdepp City, the plot of Rayquaza and even the Wallace battle in Emerald was in ORAS with hios original Emerald team.

And it will be similiar to DP. The cover pokemon of DP are Dialga and Palkia, not Giratina. The whole Giratina stuff including the Distortion world will probably be packed into a "Platinum episode" after the main story, especially since there weren't many story changes in Platinum. The whole Platinum story extra, including the battle with Cyrus in Celestial Town should be easy to implement into the standard DP story, since it doesn't involve Giratina in it. So either way the remakes are gonna fell like DP with some Platinum extra in it. The same as OR/AS. Maybe there will be the BF in those games. Platinum felt more like a gameplay improving game with more pokemon in the dex, better graphics, better speed and some more improvements on existing features rather than a game with more features than the originals. Emerald was the only third version IMO with a completly overhaul of the plot and region.

I don't like it. Lusamine should be a one off thing. And they need to stick to the original story of DP as much as possible.
I agree, having a human and pokemon fusing together is weird, that's the whole purpose of Z-move and Mega evolution. But Synchro Evolution/Bond Phenomenon is not physically fusing, it's human merging you soul and feeling into the pokemon, transforming the pokemon that resembles the trainer. But if the pokemon take damage the trainer will feel pain
The sequel would be an interesting way to turn things around, for sure. But I wouldn't mind either, as long as the games are good.
We probably likely to get remake, but after the remake, we might likely to get a sequel to the remake, how's that?
Quite a late answer.

ORAS had Emerald elements into it, but not all of them. BF is missing, also the leader rematches. It felt more like ORAS had half of the Emerald features and half new stuff like the E4 rematches, soaring and the delta episode. As a Ruby/Sapphire remake, ORAS was a good remake. As an update for the original gen 3 games including Eemerald, it was on par with Emerald -> mediocre remake. HG/SS beeing better than Crystal wasn't hard since Crystal didn't introduced many new features and was arguably the weakest third version. Also the plot of crystal was an extra to the standard plot of GS, so it wasn't hard to implement them into HG/SS. Emeralds plot was different of R/S, since Rayquaza took the role as the main legendary of the game. OR/AS were remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, not Emerald. The msot extras of Emerald was in the Delta episode. The Magma/Aqua battles in Moosdepp City, the plot of Rayquaza and even the Wallace battle in Emerald was in ORAS with hios original Emerald team.

And it will be similiar to DP. The cover pokemon of DP are Dialga and Palkia, not Giratina. The whole Giratina stuff including the Distortion world will probably be packed into a "Platinum episode" after the main story, especially since there weren't many story changes in Platinum. The whole Platinum story extra, including the battle with Cyrus in Celestial Town should be easy to implement into the standard DP story, since it doesn't involve Giratina in it. So either way the remakes are gonna fell like DP with some Platinum extra in it. The same as OR/AS. Maybe there will be the BF in those games. Platinum felt more like a gameplay improving game with more pokemon in the dex, better graphics, better speed and some more improvements on existing features rather than a game with more features than the originals. Emerald was the only third version IMO with a completly overhaul of the plot and region.
Quite a late answer.

I can see GF would do something they did like ORAS, but I don't think they'll remake the third game, they only remake the originals. How about if we get sequel to DP remake, it'll probably be like B2 and W2, so what do you think of DP sequels to DP remake?

Last edited:
I have no hope for the BF in DP remakes. They probably pull a Battle Resort stunt or something.

I don't like it. Lusamine should be a one off thing. And they need to stick to the original story of DP as much as possible.

When I think about 'bad gaming', I think of bugs, bad user interfaces, glitches and 'false difficulty' among other things. You can create a great game with no plot, or a game that's entirely plot. But a game having a plot twist you don't like isn't really 'bad gaming'. Even if the game is loyal to the original DP, it is likely to have some extra new plot content anyway, even if it's just something small.

We probably likely to get remake, but after the remake, we might likely to get a sequel to the remake, how's that?
It would be nice, but rather unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom