• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think about 'bad gaming', I think of bugs, bad user interfaces, glitches and 'false difficulty' among other things. You can create a great game with no plot, or a game that's entirely plot. But a game having a plot twist you don't like isn't really 'bad gaming'. Even if the game is loyal to the original DP, it is likely to have some extra new plot content anyway, even if it's just something small.

It would be nice, but rather unlikely.
Well we never had a sequel to remake, they could done that in ORAS, it would be cool if we got a sequel to remake, who knows GF would change things up, like pokemon stars third game to sun and moon, which we haven't had since pokemon platinum

But it's still kind of obvious what I meant?
Should I edit the previous message so other people won't get confused?
Like I said, it's just a bit misworded. My OCD refuses to let me ignore it, so...

Well we never had a sequel to remake, they could done that in ORAS, it would be cool if we got a sequel to remake, who knows GF would change things up, like pokemon stars third game to sun and moon, which we haven't had since pokemon platinum
A sequel in or to a remake would be interesting. Although I think we will get one or the other.
As I mention, I still think Team Galactic could be the villains in the sequels, but 'deviant' or 'rogue' members who intend on using the research for what they weren't meant to be used for. Which could be highly dangerous in regards to the alternate universe theory and the idea of infinity energy.

I think Pokemon fusion would be a better idea for a new generation if they want to expand on the concept, Cyrus using it in DP remakes wouldn't have quite the same impact since it would just be copying what Lusamine did essentially.

Storyline wise, I do think there's a lot of potential for a connection between Giratina and the Distortion World and the Ultra Beasts. The parallels are impossible to ignore. But it doesn't have to end the same way as SM did.

What? There is nothing connecting Giratina and the Distortion world with Ultra Beasts. Both are entirely different. I sincerely hope pokemon fusion never comes to light in my opinion.

Pokemon fusion already happened in BW2. But I guess its fine back then since it already happened.

Pokemon fusion already happened in BW2. But I guess its fine back then since it already happened.

As a large scale feature, no it hasn't. It's only been one Pokemon with the ability to fuse with one of two others. Additionally, the idea is for the trainers to fuse with their Pokemon, which so far has only happened to two NPCs in the series. That's never been an actual gameplay mechanic.

As a large scale feature, no it hasn't. It's only been one Pokemon with the ability to fuse with one of two others. Additionally, the idea is for the trainers to fuse with their Pokemon, which so far has only happened to two NPCs in the series. That's never been an actual gameplay mechanic.
I wouldn't mind more fusion bosses. They could be what people thought UBs would be- overpowered humons that don't need to be balanced for PVP.

In my opinion, human/Pokémon fusion is the kinda of idea that's so silly to the point that it only really works for stuff like bombastic villain climaxes. So personally, I'd rather not see it be turned into a full-on mechanic. I think it makes sense for Cyrus (though do note - I'd still prefer it more if it were kept exclusive to the one instance it's been in), because his whole aim is to make the power of the Sinnoh deities his own. In my head, the physical logistics of his plan to remake the universe flow well with the image of him merging with one of the deities. For me it goes back to something I've thought about before (the problem is, I doubt Game Freak put any thought into it at all) - which is, if Cyrus was going to command Dialga/Palkia to break down the universe and create a new one... how exactly is he supposed to survive that, and from where does he oversee the creation of his new universe? Will they just like... shield him in a bubble? That's a humorous picture in my head. At least if he merges with the Pokémon, it makes sense in that he's now fused with an extradimensional being and is in direct control of its universe-shaping powers.

In my opinion, human/Pokémon fusion is the kinda of idea that's so silly to the point that it only really works for stuff like bombastic villain climaxes. So personally, I'd rather not see it be turned into a full-on mechanic. I think it makes sense for Cyrus (though do note - I'd still prefer it more if it were kept exclusive to the one instance it's been in), because his whole aim is to make the power of the Sinnoh deities his own. In my head, the physical logistics of his plan to remake the universe flow well with the image of him merging with one of the deities. For me it goes back to something I've thought about before (the problem is, I doubt Game Freak put any thought into it at all) - which is, if Cyrus was going to command Dialga/Palkia to break down the universe and create a new one... how exactly is he supposed to survive that, and from where does he oversee the creation of his new universe? Will they just like... shield him in a bubble? That's a humorous picture in my head. At least if he merges with the Pokémon, it makes sense in that he's now fused with an extradimensional being and is in direct control of its universe-shaping powers.

Eh, not necessarily. They could justify it similar to how they do in Steven Universe, making it a power boost that works when two beings are in sync with each other. In Pokemon, Fusion would be the ultimate bond between trainer and Pokemon, to the point where their bond is so strong that it allows them to physically merge with each other and combine their power. I think if they brand it that way it wouldn't be seen as ridiculous.

Anyway, in regards to DPPt's story, it kinda does make sense the way you mention, but it's still a rehash of Lusamine to some degree.

Human fusing with pokemon is a terrible idea that should be left for fanfiction in my opinion. I am pretty certain gen 4 remakes won't have that kind of thing and I would be grateful for that.

When did this become a thread about human/Pokemon fusion? Now, back to the topic of Gen IV remakes. Would you like to use DP's dex or Platinum's?

When did this become a thread about human/Pokemon fusion? Now, back to the topic of Gen IV remakes. Would you like to use DP's dex or Platinum's?
People are discussing whether PokeTrainer Fusion will be a thing in Sinnoh remakes. And Platinum's. That is a no-brainer.

Eh, not necessarily. They could justify it similar to how they do in Steven Universe, making it a power boost that works when two beings are in sync with each other. In Pokemon, Fusion would be the ultimate bond between trainer and Pokemon, to the point where their bond is so strong that it allows them to physically merge with each other and combine their power. I think if they brand it that way it wouldn't be seen as ridiculous.

Anyway, in regards to DPPt's story, it kinda does make sense the way you mention, but it's still a rehash of Lusamine to some degree.

I don't think it'll be a 'game mechanic' as such, It'll probably just be used for plot twists and character development outside of game play.
Or 'Cyrus is pretty much Pokemon's version of the Devil at this, even more than Giratina was, he is powerful and that is terrifying.'
Weirdly enough, since 'fusion' does demand so connection with the Pokemon you fuse with, Cyrus probably couldn't fuse with Arceus and become his 'own god' but he could possibly abuse Giratina's powers and force Arceus to fuse with someone he personally has a connection to, and control Arceus that way?

Improbable? Yes.
Horrifying? Absolutely.

Last edited:
If the remakes do happen I hope the National Dex returns, but seeing as the Bank is getting the update idk if it will every return.

Platinum's, absolutely. Platinum's wouldn't exist if it wasn't for D/P's being rather empty in certain departments.

As for fusion...Cyrus attempting fusion with Palkia or Dialga would be incredibly interesting to witness. He states how he wants to make their power his own, so...him fusing with the said Pokemon would literally be making it his own.

As a gameplay mechanic, I never want to see Pokemon/Human fusion, like...ever, but as a storyline mechanic (like Lusamine's) I think it'd be really dramatic and unexpected, especially attempting fusion with what is stated to be a god. Cyrus certainly has the ego & drive to attempt something like that.

Speaking of which, I wonder if D/P remakes would feature new ultra beasts. Sinnoh is famous for spacetime lore, so it'd be interesting to see if they introduced new ultra beasts from other dimensions to coincide with the theme.

Pokemon is not Dragon Ball Z. Apart from Black/White Kyurem and Lusamine fusing with Ultra Beast, the whole fusion thing is one thing that needs to remain absent from the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom