• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did this become a thread about human/Pokemon fusion? Now, back to the topic of Gen IV remakes. Would you like to use DP's dex or Platinum's?

When did you become a moderator? This is twice now that you've gone into a thread to say, "When did this thread become about [a perfectly relevant topic when given the context], let's change the subject."

You could just as easily raise your own questions or ideas without the pretense.

Speaking of which, I wonder if D/P remakes would feature new ultra beasts. Sinnoh is famous for spacetime lore, so it'd be interesting to see if they introduced new ultra beasts from other dimensions to coincide with the theme.

I'd have to assume not, since Ultra Beasts count as whole Pokémon in the Pokédex and have their own index numbers. They'd be introducing new Pokémon in the middle of a generation, which I don't think they're ready to do. Although they could certainly introduce new forms for the existing UBs, or they could introduce more UB-like forms for the Sinnoh deities. Personally though, I'd be perfectly happy with just a general examination of how the Sinnoh dragons are similar to/different from the UBs.

Dp remakes are not going to have new pokemon cross gen evolutions unless it is in gen 8 which would introduce new evolutions for older pokemon.

Considering Rowan's area of expertise is in evolutions I'd hope for more mega evolutions as well as cross gen evolutions.

Maybe for certain really underwhelming lines they could get a new evolution and a mega.
*cough**cough*Dunsparce*cough**cough*

*Takes some cough medicine for this terrible cough :p

Dp remakes are not going to have new pokemon cross gen evolutions unless it is in gen 8 which would introduce new evolutions for older pokemon.
Exactly, They only do new pokemon on the new generation, not on third game, sequels or remake, they only focus on old pokemon, well third game they can bring new pokemon and a lot of old pokemon, seqeuel they do the same thing on third game, but remake they only bring old pokemon
*cough**cough*Dunsparce*cough**cough*

*Takes some cough medicine for this terrible cough :p
GF could have keep giving old pokemon with new pre-evolution, but they stopped doing that because of Mega evolution, they should have did new evolution for old pokemon and kept doing megas, but since we're not getting pre-evolution and megas, their no purpose of pokemon anymore :(

GF could have keep giving old pokemon with new pre-evolution, but they stopped doing that because of Mega evolution, they should have did new evolution for old pokemon and kept doing megas, but since we're not getting pre-evolution and megas, their no purpose of pokemon anymore :(
Just because they stopped doing that, doesn't mean that it'll never happen again. They stopped doing third versions and now we may potentially have a third version again.

Just because they stopped doing that, doesn't mean that it'll never happen again. They stopped doing third versions and now we may potentially have a third version again.
Okay What about Mega evolution, we likely won't see New Megas in Pokemon Stars or DP remake, because Sun and Moon focused on Z-moves, they probably will do the follow up on Z-moves like they XY follow up on ORAS with Megas

Okay What about Mega evolution, we likely won't see New Megas in Pokemon Stars or DP remake, because Sun and Moon focused on Z-moves, they probably will do the follow up on Z-moves like they XY follow up on ORAS with Megas
There isn't much to follow up on. Only exclusive Z-Moves which wouldn't be much, in my opinion.

There isn't much to follow up on. Only exclusive Z-Moves which wouldn't be much, in my opinion.
So what, we'll see new megas again, or they'll rid of megas altogether and come up with a new mechanic that is similar to Megas. To tell you the truth, people hated megas for a lot of reason, which cause GF not to focus on Megas

Stars is just a code name though. It could easily be sequels. Rainbow was a code name for Sun and Moon games I believe.

Third game, sequel, doesn't matter as long as they expanded the story of Sun and Moon
I think if we get a DP remake (or better possibly a sequel) there would be at least some explanation as to some unresolved plot points in Sun and Moon.

I think if we get a DP remake (or better possibly a sequel) there would be at least some explanation as to some unresolved plot points in Sun and Moon.
True, just like XY did with ORAS, if we get DP remake in 2017 or 2018 if Pokemon star rumor turns out to be true

Exactly, They only do new pokemon on the new generation, not on third game, sequels or remake, they only focus on old pokemon, well third game they can bring new pokemon and a lot of old pokemon, seqeuel they do the same thing on third game, but remake they only bring old pokemon

Remember those days when people said that they will never remove gyms...

So what, we'll see new megas again, or they'll rid of megas altogether and come up with a new mechanic that is similar to Megas. To tell you the truth, people hated megas for a lot of reason, which cause GF not to focus on Megas

I've seen many people expressing their hate on Z-Moves. And Megas can more easily be followed up than Z-Moves. The only follow-up I can see to Z Moves is- Exclusive Z-Moves (meh...), and Z-Forms (which would be Megas with a new coat of paint.)

Remember those days when people said that they will never remove gyms...
Looks like that happens in sun and moon, but rumors say the gyms will return in stars ( I don't know if it's in the pre-game or the post-game)

I've seen many people expressing their hate on Z-Moves. And Megas can more easily be followed up than Z-Moves. The only follow-up I can see to Z Moves is- Exclusive Z-Moves (meh...), and Z-Forms (which would be Megas with a new coat of paint.)
I still don't know about Megas, But I don't think they'll bring it back in Stars or DP remake, maybe they'll bring it back in the future well and improved, but for z-moves, we'll likely to see some new exclusive z-moves and finally introduces Z-forms in pokemon stars (I think Z-moves and Z-forms might replace Mega Evolution)

Lillie's is the only Z-Form we're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom