• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're not getting new megas, we'll likely to see Z-forms, for all we know if some of the stuff from the rumor leaks were scrapped from sun and moon, we probably see it in Stars
If we're not getting new Megas, then we're done with battle form changes for a while. You just won't let this Z-Forms go, hey? :p

If we're not getting new megas, we'll likely to see Z-forms, for all we know if some of the stuff from the rumor leaks were scrapped from sun and moon, we probably see it in Stars

The rumors that talked "Z-Forms" were all struck down. The only credible one that sort of mentioned them was the Chinese leak, but with the way it was worded, for all we know it could have been referring to the tapu (who enclose themselves in their shells when they use their Z-Move).

Lillie's so-called "Z-Powered Form" is just a signifier of her character development - it's the appearance she decides for herself after she claims independence from her mother. It's not a new mechanic or anything.

Last edited:
There was an interview with some spanish magazine where Masuda mentioned that they've been getting requests for DP remakes over twitter.

Wonder how many tweets hoenn remakes got before they decided to unveil ORAS.

I wonder, if they do go through with Diamond and Pearl remakes, if they'll have it so Cyrus' actions is what brought the universe to the Ultra Beast's particular attention.

After all, when you're trying to get home and someone summons two Gods who can travel through dimensions, one deliberately, you're gonna want to get in and have a see if they can help you. I mean, there's reports of Ultra Beasts popping up throughout history, but Dialga was also there, so what happened probably echoed up and down the timeline. Perhaps the Pokémon world looks like a giant glow-stick to them now...

DP remakes could have a combo of new mega evolutions and exclusive Z moves.

I am actually hoping more for Kanto sequels than Sinnoh remakes. That's so we can finally have an updated, not remade, Kanto and maybe Johto.

Sinnoh remakes feel still too early for me despite Platinum being 8 years old.

DP will be 11 years old next year, older than RB and GS when they got their remakes (8 years for RB and 10 years for GS).

And RS was 12 years when ORAS came out. So what's your point?
I think @RileyXY1 trying to say is that GF would wait till 2019 (which is 14 years) to do DP remake, it could either release in 2017 or 2018, I would say 2017 because of the Star rumor, everybody was talking, I would say 2018
I am actually hoping more for Kanto sequels than Sinnoh remakes. That's so we can finally have an updated, not remade, Kanto and maybe Johto.

We might see Kanto sequel in the future like maybe 2019 or 2020, Plus GF always remake the original gens, They already remake Red and Green, Gold and Silver, and Ruby and Sapphire, looks like Diamond and Pearl are next on the list, as for Platinum, we'll not likely see platinum have a remake, because GF always remake the original , not the third game

But you got an updated Kanto already.

It's called HGSS.

But you got an updated Kanto already.

It's called HGSS.
That's a remake of Johto. Kanto's story, if it could be called one, hasn't been explored since LGFR which is now 12 years old. I know that we just got the Virtual Console releases, but that's why a sequel would be better.

Anyway, Sinnoh remakes will probably happen at some time. Just a matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom