• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creation trio will never be ultra beasts. Ultra beasts are from ultra space.
Once again we're just discussing a possibility, we don't even know the actual dimensions palkia dilaga and arecus reside in. You already voiced that you don't think it'll happen so no need to post it 30 times until we stop talking about it, either contribute to the conversation maybe giving more concrete reasons other than "it's not happening because they aren't ultra beasts and I don't want them to make them ultra beasts" or if you do back them up with more then 3 sentences. If you don't like the topic of conversation offer something else to take about in regards to the remakes otherwise we've already heard you voice your discontent on this topic and saying it 5 more times (and without backing your reasons with more then just " I don't want it to happen") won't stop the conversation, offering something else to talk about might.
This discussion of Arceus and Ultra Space actually reminds me of something I found out recently. After you defeat Kahuna Nanu you are then able to find the Plates that are hidden throughout the game. I'm not sure why they should be inaccessible until then and why defeating Nanu is the trigger, but it is interesting that right after that battle you take on Aether Foundation which leads to wormholes opening all over the islands. I guess the expectation was that players make it all the way to Lusamine in Aether Paradise after defeating Nanu with no detours since it's an important story event. If so maybe they just set the trigger on Nanu since they didn't suspect it would matter and that the assumption they want you to make is that the Plates also fell from the wormholes along with some Ultra Beasts. Being the closest story event that occurs to the Plates' appearance it could be the explanation for why these lore significant items suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Can't you just buy them in the mall on melemele?

Ultra Beasts come from Ultra Space. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus have their own dimensions. They are classed as pokemon in Sinnoh. Ultra Beasts have Beast Boost ability while the creation trio doesn't. I do not see Arceus losing multi-type for beast boost any time soon. Also Ultra Beasts are caught in Beast Balls while the creation trio can be caught in pokeball, great ball and so on. Also Ultra Beasts have this alien/beast like appearance while the creation trio doesn't.

Therefore, the creation trio can't be Ultra Beasts.

I support Esserise's theory that the giants Arceus defeated were Ultra Beasts (perhaps not the ones we know), and that Arceus is nothing more than the Unown's vehicle to shape/protect their dimension.

Ultra Beasts come from Ultra Space. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus have their own dimensions. They are classed as pokemon in Sinnoh. Ultra Beasts have Beast Boost ability while the creation trio doesn't. I do not see Arceus losing multi-type for beast boost any time soon. Also Ultra Beasts are caught in Beast Balls while the creation trio can be caught in pokeball, great ball and so on. Also Ultra Beasts have this alien/beast like appearance while the creation trio doesn't.

Therefore, the creation trio can't be Ultra Beasts.
Much better but I do have counter arguments.

Cosmog/cosmeom/solgaleo/lunala are also ultra beasts but they don't have beast boost so it's not a requirement to have, they are also classified as alola Pokemon with legends based on them and ways to summon them (flutes) as well as a shrine dedicated to them.

The ultra beasts can be caught in regular pokeballs as well but beast balls are easier on them.

We don't know the exact dimension dilaga and palkia come from and they do look kind of alien like (palkia especially) but compared to solgaleo and lunala they fit it well enough.

Much better but I do have counter arguments.

Cosmog/cosmeom/solgaleo/lunala are also ultra beasts but they don't have beast boost so it's not a requirement to have, they are also classified as alola Pokemon with legends based on them and ways to summon them (flutes) as well as a shrine dedicated to them.

The ultra beasts can be caught in regular pokeballs as well but beast balls are easier on them.

We don't know the exact dimension dilaga and palkia come from and they do look kind of alien like (palkia especially) but compared to solgaleo and lunala they fit it well enough.
I feel better knowing that they didn't change the creation trio in that way. Ultra Beasts tend to be new pokemon introduced and not older ones from previous gens. Alternate forms is okay but I feel that the creation trio are not Ultra Beast material. Not to mention that they have higher BST than Ultra Beasts.

I think this will be the crux on which the "are the Creation/Lake trios ultra beasts" debate hinges on. Unlike Necrozma, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are unlikely to be native enough for Beast balls to be ineffective (The Lake Trio might but since Arceus created them too they might be in a Necrozma situation if the Creation trio are retconned into UBs). But The other Ultra beast-connect pokemon are the Cosmog line. The one time you are able to attempt to cathc Sogalio/Lunala you do not have Beast balls, and by the time you get Beast balls the only way to get Cosmog is without a fight. With that said, being able to trade the ball is possible. Has anyone attempted to use Beastballs on the mascots?

I feel better knowing that they didn't change the creation trio in that way. Ultra Beasts tend to be new pokemon introduced and not older ones from previous gens. Alternate forms is okay but I feel that the creation trio are not Ultra Beast material. Not to mention that they have higher BST than Ultra Beasts.

Yeah, but so does Sogalio and Lunala.

But The other Ultra beast-connect pokemon are the Cosmog line. The one time you are able to attempt to cathc Sogalio/Lunala you do not have Beast balls, and by the time you get Beast balls the only way to get Cosmog is without a fight. With that said, being able to trade the ball is possible. Has anyone attempted to use Beastballs on the mascots?

People have and they do not work well on these guys.

This discussion of Arceus and Ultra Space actually reminds me of something I found out recently. After you defeat Kahuna Nanu you are then able to find the Plates that are hidden throughout the game. I'm not sure why they should be inaccessible until then and why defeating Nanu is the trigger, but it is interesting that right after that battle you take on Aether Foundation which leads to wormholes opening all over the islands. I guess the expectation was that players make it all the way to Lusamine in Aether Paradise after defeating Nanu with no detours since it's an important story event. If so maybe they just set the trigger on Nanu since they didn't suspect it would matter and that the assumption they want you to make is that the Plates also fell from the wormholes along with some Ultra Beasts. Being the closest story event that occurs to the Plates' appearance it could be the explanation for why these lore significant items suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

If I recall, the guy who sells some of the Plates at the antique store at the mall says that he picked them up in the Sinnoh region, but part of his stock was lost when some Team Skull grunts came and took off with his truck - my assumption was that the Plates you can find as hidden items fell off of that truck, which is why they all appear further down the road from the mall.

If I recall, the guy who sells some of the Plates at the antique store at the mall says that he picked them up in the Sinnoh region, but part of his stock was lost when some Team Skull grunts came and took off with his truck - my assumption was that the Plates you can find as hidden items fell off of that truck, which is why they all appear further down the road from the mall.

Oh neat, I had no idea. Just say a list of items on routes and assumed they became available after the league. Then I heard about the Nanu trigger.

Beast Balls probably only work on Ultra Beasts that are new or very recent to the PokeWorld. Solagelo, Lunala, Cosmoem and Cosmog have been around for years and have adapted to the PokeWorld. So they are more Pokemon-like than Ultra Beast-like.

I wonder if GF would bring back new Megas, and new-exclusive Z-moves in DP remake, or they'll get rid of Megas altogether, and come up with a mechanic that replaces Z-moves, maybe something like Z-forms (It's just speculation), what do you think?

They aren't getting rid of Mega Evolution or Z-moves in this generation. And the continued speculation about Z-forms is honestly quite tiring.

But then I don't think we're getting remakes in this generation, either.

Last edited:
They aren't getting rid of Mega Evolution or Z-moves in this generation. And the continued speculation about Z-forms is honestly quite tiring.

But then I don't we're getting remakes in this generation, either.
I've said it's just speculation, I didn't say it's going to happen, I got tired of Z-forms discussion myself

But then I don't we're getting remakes in this generation, either.
You said the last thing last generation though :p it depends on if gamefreak wants to or not, there's never a real reason to remake the games outside of money or to have another game in the generation to trade with.

I was thrown off by the premature references to Alola. I can see why they released ORAS when they did, which was still 4-5 years after fans had started begging them for RS remakes.
True, in my opinion it does feel to early for gen 4 remakes, because to me it still feels like the games came out yesterday, I think I picked up pearl on my 9th or 10th birthday (so 10 or nine years ago since I'm 19?) I still remember how new it felt it was the first generation for me where there was new pokemon since I started in gen 3 with fire red and emerald. Good times ;-;

I suppose another Donphant in the Living rooms needs to be addressed. If Stars is real, what makes you think with recent precedent, that we'd get D/P remakes on top of Stars this generation?

To elaborate, ever since Generation V, there were only two "games" (Paired versions count as one for this case). In V it is B/W and B2/W2, which were sequels to the former. In Gen VI it was X/Y and OR/AS two different regions. The idea of the 5-game generation was defied with the last 2 generations, and even if they decide to buck this current gen, what makes you think they would go for a return to D/P?

EDIT: and it seems people are already addressing this topic. heh. Sorry for the redundant post.

I suppose another Donphant in the Living rooms needs to be addressed. If Stars is real, what makes you think with recent precedent, that we'd get D/P remakes on top of Stars this generation?

To elaborate, ever since Generation V, there were only two "games" (Paired versions count as one for this case). In V it is B/W and B2/W2, which were sequels to the former. In Gen VI it was X/Y and OR/AS two different regions. The idea of the 5-game generation was defied with the last 2 generations, and even if they decide to buck this current gen, what makes you think they would go for a return to D/P?

EDIT: and it seems people are already addressing this topic. heh. Sorry for the redundant post.
Probably will be on the switch if DP comes after stars.
Well at first, I would think they'll release "Star" and DP remake in 2017, but if "Star" turns out to be real then we'll see it in 2017, and DP remake in 2018 on Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom