• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably will be on the switch if DP comes after stars.
Actually, if Stars does come on the switch, I have a feeling we might get one edition for the 3DS and one for the Switch.
Like with Red and Blue rescue team.

Actually, if Stars does come on the switch, I have a feeling we might get one edition for the 3DS and one for the Switch.
Like with Red and Blue rescue team.

That would be the best case scenario, but that might come with its own problems.

Ports for an older system tend to be inferior (for example say, Sonic Unleashed). And given that SuMo had to remove Triple/Rotation battles and STILL have lag, it would be an inevitability.

The other issue would be region exclusives. They never usually use the 3rd version as a basis for remakes, so unless they break that trend for Gen IV remakes that would mean that certain pokemon would be impossible to get without the Switch, Bank or GTS (For example, say You can only get Ho-Oh, Groudon, Latias, Palkia, Reshiram, Tornadus, and Yveltal for the Switch and Lugia, Kyogre, Latios, Dialga, Zekrom, Thunderus, and Xerneas for the 3DS version, and that you need pokemon from a specific set for other Pokemon such as Rayquaza and Landorus). Then again I suppose it might be a moot point because of Bank and GTS and Stars might have their own Version exclusive pokemon anyway.

I don't see any Sinnoh remake for the 3DS ever. It's safe to say that they'll be on the Switch and only on the Switch. Hardware is advancing so Sinnoh is advancing. :p

I don't see any Sinnoh remake for the 3DS ever. It's safe to say that they'll be on the Switch and only on the Switch. Hardware is advancing so Sinnoh is advancing. :p
If that turns out to be true then Game Freak will lose my support again.

I still think it's too fast to move to the Switch (solely anyway).
We got two gens on the DS (one while the 3DS was already out).
I think Nintendo want to wait till many of it's fans actually have the system before they start creating brand new Pokemon games for it. (I'm not too sure about altered or 'third versions' though.)

I still think it's too fast to move to the Switch (solely anyway).
We got two gens on the DS (one while the 3DS was already out).
I think Nintendo want to wait till many of it's fans actually have the system before they start creating brand new Pokemon games for it. (I'm not too sure about altered or 'third versions' though.)
The earliest that a fully fleshed out game or games, maybe Sinnoh remake or remakes, would arrive, not counting the potential Stars, would be 2018. That wouldn't be too soon since many people could possibly have a Switch by the end of 2018.

For all those that are still not buying a Switch, they can just bundle the 2018 Pokemon games with the Switch.

The earliest that a fully fleshed out game or games, maybe Sinnoh remake or remakes, would arrive, not counting the potential Stars, would be 2018. That wouldn't be too soon since many people could possibly have a Switch by the end of 2018.

For all those that are still not buying a Switch, they can just bundle the 2018 Pokemon games with the Switch.

Hm, the earliest Pokemon game we got for the 3DS was 'Gates to Infinity' (not a main series game, however the PMD series games tend to arrive at the end of gens, almost as if it's giving a 'taster' to what the next Gen has for us.) Gates to Infinity came out in 2012 in Japan, and 2013 everywhere else. The 3DS came out in 2011. So we might get stars at the end of 2017, but more likely early 2018.
Which means Gen 8 will arrive either in 2019 or in 2020.
Although, DP remakes can always come before Stars.
Having Stars be official doesn't mean that it will be the game to arrive first.

Hm, the earliest Pokemon game we got for the 3DS was 'Gates to Infinity' (not a main series game, however the PMD series games tend to arrive at the end of gens, almost as if it's giving a 'taster' to what the next Gen has for us.) Gates to Infinity came out in 2012 in Japan, and 2013 everywhere else. The 3DS came out in 2011. So we might get stars at the end of 2017, but more likely early 2018.
Which means Gen 8 will arrive either in 2019 or in 2020.
Although, DP remakes can always come before Stars.
Having Stars be official doesn't mean that it will be the game to arrive first.
The rumours say that Stars is real is slated for a autumn 2017 release.

But anyway. If Stars prolongs this generation, then I can see Sinnoh remakes happening in 2018. They did mention that they are interested in remaking old regions. Why mention it now when maybe Stars is releasing next year? So 2018 must be in their sights for remakes.

The rumours say that Stars is real is slated for a autumn 2017 release.

But anyway. If Stars prolongs this generation, then I can see Sinnoh remakes happening in 2018. They did mention that they are interested in remaking old regions. Why mention it now when maybe Stars is releasing next year? So 2018 must be in their sights for remakes.

Makes sense, this would leave 2019 as a 'gap' year.
So, Gen 8 would probably come in 2020.
Then Gen 5 remakes in 2021.

Makes sense, this would leave 2019 as a 'gap' year.
So, Gen 8 would probably come in 2020.
Then Gen 5 remakes in 2021.
It would be more like this:
2018 - Sinnoh remakes
2019 - Break year
2020 - Gen 8
2021 - Kanto sequels (It is the 25th anniversary after all)

This is all assuming Sinnoh remakes in 2018. For all we know, it could be like this:
2018 - Break year
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels

It would be more like this:
2018 - Sinnoh remakes
2019 - Break year
2020 - Gen 8
2021 - Kanto sequels (It is the 25th anniversary after all)

This is all assuming Sinnoh remakes in 2018. For all we know, it could be like this:
2018 - Break year
2019 - Gen 8
2020 - Sinnoh remakes
2021 - Kanto sequels

Because of the graphical leap, I don't think there will be too long of a wait for Sinnoh Remakes, personally.
Although, we could get Gen 5 remakes and Gen 1 remakes within the same Gen, I can't see why we can't have too remakes in Gen, possibly.

Because of the graphical leap, I don't think there will be too long of a wait for Sinnoh Remakes, personally.
Although, we could get Gen 5 remakes and Gen 1 remakes within the same Gen, I can't see why we can't have too remakes in Gen, possibly.
I don't see Gen 5 remakes happening at least until Gen 10.

But yeah, either 2018 or 2020 for Sinnoh remakes.

I don't see Gen 5 remakes happening at least until Gen 10.

But yeah, either 2018 or 2020 for Sinnoh remakes.

Why Gen 10?
Gen 4 and Gen 5 had relatively similar graphics.
The next 'grand' enough change in graphics came from Gen 6.
The Gen 4 and Gen 5 remakes should be in Gens rather close to each other.

Why Gen 10?

Agreed. I could see 4th and 5th gen remakes both happening on the Switch, but maybe a generation apart from each other. The difference between the two generations are fairly small, and they'd both be two hardware generations removed from their original games, so the Switch is a good time for both remakes.

Why Gen 10?
With Gen 4 remakes being on the Switch, Gen 9 also possibly on the Switch and Gen 10 on the handheld after that maybe. It goes with the remakes are always on the next handheld concept which would be Gen 10.

But I would welcome a change with both Gen 4 and Gen 5 remakes being on the Switch. Gives us more Pokemon for the Switch. Yay! :)

With Gen 4 remakes being on the Switch, Gen 9 also possibly on the Switch and Gen 10 on the handheld after that maybe. It goes with the remakes are always on the next handheld concept which would be Gen 10.

But I would welcome a change with both Gen 4 and Gen 5 remakes being on the Switch. Gives us more Pokemon for the Switch. Yay! :)

That would be Gen 8 and Gen 9 on the switch.
So Gen 7 will be the first remake skip? And then Gen 9 would have Gen 6 remakes?

@Ghostsoul, if we do get remakes of Sinnoh and Unova in consecutive generations then that could be Gen 7 with 2018, Sinnoh remakes, and Gen 8 with 2022/2023, Unova remakes. Or it could be Gen 8 with 2020, Sinnoh remakes, and Gen 9 with 2024/2025.

But this is all way too far ahead. Let's just focus on Sinnoh remakes for now. :p

The issues here is that we don't get remakes by generation. We get them by console.

Gen 1 - GB
Gen 2 - GBC
Gen 3/Re:Gen 1 - GBA
Gen 4/Re: Gen 2 - DS
Gen 5 - DS
Gen 6/Re:Gen 3 - 3DS
Gen 7 - 3DS

So if we go by this pattern, we'll be getting Re:Gen 4 come the next portable console release, or the Switch if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom