• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been said before and is kinda off topic but what if the remakes were called "Dusk Diamond" and "Dawn Pearl"? It would also kinda tie-into the whole Sun and Moon thing as well as the fact that D/P were the first to reintroduce the time mechanic. Only thing against it is that Dawn is a character but I don't really see why that would deter them from using it. Idk just a random thought! *flies away*

This may have been said before and is kinda off topic but what if the remakes were called "Dusk Diamond" and "Dawn Pearl"? It would also kinda tie-into the whole Sun and Moon thing as well as the fact that D/P were the first to reintroduce the time mechanic. Only thing against it is that Dawn is a character but I don't really see why that would deter them from using it. Idk just a random thought! *flies away*

Those names work. Additionally, DP introduced the dawn and dusk evolution stones. The names fit right in many ways.

However, GSC had day/night cycles I think, if that's what you're referring to, because RSE did have time functions, just not visible day/night function.

I honestly hope they do Sinnoh remakes. Sinnoh is next in line to get a remake, so it would seem foolish to do a Kanto re(re?)make just to pull genwunners back into the core series.

GAMEFREAK PLEASE MY NOSTALGIA

Additionally, DP introduced the dawn and dusk evolution stones.

Although those names only apply in the English version and are an unintended parallel. The opposite of the Dusk Stone is actually the Shiny Stone, which is why they look similar and evolve similar evolution lines. But in Japan, they're called the Darkness and Light Stones, respectively. The Dawn Stone is called the Awakening Stone in Japanese, and it only evolves genderized branches (Gallade and Froslass). "Dawn," in the English translation, isn't meant in the sense of the morning, when light appears. It's meant metaphorically, as in the beginning of something new.

I just wanna see Primal Dialga in action, it was so well-designed even in the Mystery Dungeon games, imagine it being reworked to more closely resemble changes Kyogre and Groudon experienced but still staying true to the Mystery Dungeon design.

If at this point they still won't do dex expansions (and I mean a real dex expansion with new families, not just "let's toss in the handful of cross gen evos from newer gens", not that there's much of that anyway), they should at least go the Sun/Moon route and have nonnative Pokemon obtainable on the side like they did with Island Scan. That's really the best compromise here if they don't want to mess with the dex because of nostalgia, they're out of the way for people that don't want them but still obtainable for those that do. I know I would've killed to have ORAS' Dexnav Pokemon available in the main game, that would've made the game a LOT more interesting.

In DP's case, the best route would probably be to have the Pokeradar obtainable in the main game and allow you to catch new Pokemon through Pokeradar. The Pokeradar could also be a good opportunity to bring back Dexnav functionality as well.

However, GSC had day/night cycles I think, if that's what you're referring to, because RSE did have time functions, just not visible day/night function.

Right, I said reintroduce since RSE did not have the day/night cycle (at least visibly)

Also throwing out there that I really love cross gen evolutions and pre-evolutions! It's one of my favorite mechanics and a big reason why gen 4 is my favorite gen.

Sparkling Diamond and Polished Pearl.

And I think it would be interesting to see Distortion World in the current graphics style.

I really hope the guy who gave you a free shard every day in the Great Marsh is in the lobby rather than the actual marsh, otherwise the shards aren't really free.

In my opinion, I wouldn't care what they name, I just want to see when it release, what new material that have, new megas, and possibly sinnoh forms :) It might happen in late 2018 or 2019, but what else do you want to see in Gen 4 remake, anyone?

Cynthia Diamand and Dawn Pearl? :p

(Jk)

Well, I like the names. But, I'm a Cynthia fan, so I am a little biased :p

In my opinion, I wouldn't care what they name, I just want to see when it release, what new material that have, new megas, and possibly sinnoh forms :) It might happen in late 2018 or 2019, but what else do you want to see in Gen 4 remake, anyone?

I want to see Z crystals show up in other regions. And the improved graphics, as well as a move to the Switch.

I also want to see Distortion World expanded. And maybe primal or mega forms of the legendaries there.

When people say Anabel is from an another universe, on what do they base it?

Anabel is a Faller, and some Fallers cross the timeline divide. I wouldn't really say she's truly from another universe, but that gets into the timeline vs. dimension vs. three-dimensional bubble vs. universe discussion of multiversal theory and I don't think anyone wants to hear that (but, basically, yes, someone can be from an alternate timeline version of Earth without being from an alternate dimension, three-dimensional bubble, or universe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom