• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of safaris, I wonder what they'd do with the Great Marsh. In ORAS the steps limit and Safari Balls were removed from the Safari Zone, I wonder if the same will happen to the Great Marsh.

I personally hope not, I actually really liked the Safari Game, gave you a bit more challenge than it being just another area where you can catch Pokémon. I wouldn't mind the steps limit being removed though, that was the most annoying part to me. Just give us a certain amount of balls and if we run out we gotta leave. But don't do what ORAS did, that would make it so boring imo :(

ORAS' Safari Zone did feel kind of pointless without the usual Safari Zone mechanics, like what makes it any different from any other area with wild Pokemon at that point? Not really sure what they could do to spice it up while still keeping it accessible though. Whatever the case, I do think it was a good thing that they started changing up how the Safari Zone worked, the original mechanics were too RNG based. But they definitely haven't found a solid replacement.

ORAS' Safari Zone did feel kind of pointless without the usual Safari Zone mechanics, like what makes it any different from any other area with wild Pokemon at that point? Not really sure what they could do to spice it up while still keeping it accessible though. Whatever the case, I do think it was a good thing that they started changing up how the Safari Zone worked, the original mechanics were too RNG based. But they definitely haven't found a solid replacement.

Maybe with the Pokemon walking around, where you can ask a ranger or park keeper what ones are active to know when you should head in and hunt? Then, you get a number of combat encounters?

We also have the issue of the GTS building in Jubilife. Maybe turn it into a Battle Royale arena?

Personally, I think the only really major element of older Safari Zones was the Bait/Rock/Park Ball "battle" system, but that system, while unique, was frustrating and too up-to-chance. I don't miss it.

For Hoenn's SZ specifically, I'll admit that I do miss the Pokéblock feeders. They could have done something neat with those, at least.

You're talking about two different things, first you were talking about in game logic and now you're talking about developer logic. Nevertheless, it doesn't really make sense from either perspective. In game wise, as I just explained they could easily allow anything to change types. Developer wise, if they decided to make Type:Null an Arceus reference, why not reference it again and further the connection?
with respects to Pokemon at least, i think you'd find that the developer logic is the only logic that matters. after all, why does the Pokemon Mansion team clone Mew to make the most powerful Pokemon and not Arceus? or any of the other box legendaries?

with respects to Pokemon at least, i think you'd find that the developer logic is the only logic that matters. after all, why does the Pokemon Mansion team clone Mew to make the most powerful Pokemon and not Arceus? or any of the other box legendaries?

Mew is said to have the DNA of all Pokemon in some dex entries. And since Arceus is a Pokemon...

Mew is also very rare. So they thought that it must be very powerful, because rarities usually are.

Oh no, are we seriously going down the Mew/Arceus rabbit hole?

Somebody show me some objective proof that the claims about either of them are even true to begin with.

What would you really have a DP remake, DP sequel, or both, what do you think?
I want Sinnoh remakes to feature Paul as a rival.
Paul is anime only character, I don't think he'll be in the game, but if so then I would rather see him in the DP sequel, but having barry and paul as your rivals are good too :)
I want a remake for Platinum
Gf only remake the original game, not the third game, the third game are a expansion and improvements from the original games like how red and blue to yellow, gold and silver to crystal, ruby and sapphire to emerald, and diamond and pearl to platinum. Instead of a Platinum Remake, they can take the materials from Platinum and put it into DP remake, we are also thinking about a Platinum Episode involving Giratina and Arceus.
And he gives us our Starter Pokemon which was heavily tortured, resulting in an unusually low friendship growth, but we get extra boosts if it's friendship is maxed somehow.
I didn't like the way paul treated his pokemon, especially chimchar, though, every trainer have there own method in training your pokemon. @PkmnTrainerV, that sound like a good idea to me :)

Gf only remake the original game, not the third game, the third game are a expansion and improvements from the original games like how red and blue to yellow, gold and silver to crystal, ruby and sapphire to emerald, and diamond and pearl to platinum. Instead of a Platinum Remake, they can take the materials from Platinum and put it into DP remake, we are also thinking about a Platinum Episode involving Giratina and Arceus.
Just like we'll only have Gyms, hey? :p

Well, nice point my friend, but I really bored from the idea of remaking the first seasons from each region, and I think that it is a time for some changing; so I thought it is better for Platinum Remake. Anyway, it is not a big deal, and still it is a similar idea. Hope for taking some ideas from Platinum Episode involving Giratina and Arceus.

But, can I ask you something? What do mean by we? Are you the one who do a remake mister shemar corbin, with Gf?

The DP rap plays on the title screen.

In all seriousness, though, if they make these games and include the Platinum expansion, I'd like Game Freak to re-order it so the legendaries are at the end again. It also really says something that they'd only need to add one Pokémon to the dex to accommodate for cross-generational evolutions.

Well, nice point my friend, but I really bored from the idea of remaking the first seasons from each region, and I think that it is a time for some changing; so I thought it is better for Platinum Remake. Anyway, it is not a big deal, and still it is a similar idea. Hope for taking some ideas from Platinum Episode involving Giratina and Arceus.

But, can I ask you something? What do mean by we? Are you the one who do a remake mister shemar corbin, with Gf?
Well it's just pure speculation, I mean a Platinum Remake could be a good idea, so It's time for GF to change the materials, since Switch is a home/handheld game, and it's the first time we have pokemon for a console, maybe they change the materials and the pattern, since Platinum was released in September 13, 2008, we might see DP/Platinum Remake in 2018.
The DP rap plays on the title screen.

In all seriousness, though, if they make these games and include the Platinum expansion, I'd like Game Freak to re-order it so the legendaries are at the end again. It also really says something that they'd only need to add one Pokémon to the dex to accommodate for cross-generational evolutions.
That would be a good idea too :) a Platinum Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom