• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's an easy thing to program when it comes to items that are generated randomly. Could be wrong though.
Not really, I think. I'm no programmer myself, but I think it would be simple. Make the game set up a flag when that player gets X item, and when the game tries to generate something to dig, if that flag is up, it can't put that item.
Edit: Gosh darn it, pressed something accidentaly and it posted the message before I could finish writing.

It isn't complicated at all, but I fail to see what would be wrong with getting more than one of those items. Just trade them for something else.

Not really, I think. I'm no programmer myself, but I think it would be simple. Make the game set up a flag when that player gets X item, and when the game tries to generate something to dig, if that flag is up, it can't put that item.
Edit: Gosh darn it, pressed something accidentaly and it posted the message before I could finish writing.

I'm not sure they can set up a flag like that, where would they store it?

It'd just be much simpler to distribute them through other methods than to have to worry about all of that.

What would they do with the GTS building since it's done through the plaza now?

I wonder we'll see new Megas and new exclusive Z-moves in Gen 4 remake, and I'm also wondering if they add the same thing for alola, but sinnoh forms. If so, then tell me what pokemon you want for Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Sinnoh Forms, anyone?

I wonder we'll see new Megas and new exclusive Z-moves in Gen 4 remake, and I'm also wondering if they add the same thing for alola, but sinnoh forms. If so, then tell me what pokemon you want for Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Sinnoh Forms, anyone?

Mega Lapras
Mega Machamp Fighting/Steel.
Mega Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon.

A bunch of new Mega Evolutions. And I mean a lot.
I'll rant a bit about this.
The thing I don't like about Mega Evolutions is that you kinda have to have one, if you want to go around competitively. That, or some strong legendary. That means you are very likely to have to choose between one of the 46 species of Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. 46, out of EIGHT HUNDRED AND FREAKING TWO POKÉMON. That seems extremely unbalanced, and Mega Evolution has too much priority. You can't stop Mega Evolution, you can't prevent Mega Evolution to start, you can't do anything with that. It's too many pros and barely no cons. So, to me, Mega Evolution should change in one of three ways:
a) Make it so you can stop or prevent Mega Evolution by a move, ability, or something like that;
b) Add a bigger variation of Mega Evolution. As in, out of the 802 Pokémon we have, about 400 or so of them can Mega Evolve;
c) Follow the ways of Ash-Greninja. You don't just press a button and done, you are Mega Evolved. You have to defeat an opponent, eat a Berry, steal an item, you gotta have x% of HP, use a move and wait a turn, etc and so on to Mega Evolve. Add some "but"s and "if"s to Mega Evolving.
If this happened, I'd be a lot more satisfied with Mega Evolving.

I hope to see not a single new Mega or new exclusive Z-Move. Both feel just like gimmicks to me. Not really a fan of both. I would love to see more regional variants. Best idea in a long time.

I understand preferring Alola Forms over Mega Evolutions/Z-Moves, but I don't really see how the former is any less a gimmick than the latter. Alola Forms are just cutesy tropical redesigns for a handful of Gen I Pokémon, for the sake of the anniversary. Maybe they'll expand them out of that later on, but as it stands, they're about as gimmicky as you can get.

I'm kinda hoping Z-moves end up non-exclusive. It would give greater reason to focus on collecting those.

Lapras is one for Mega-Evolution. Maybe something like Stunfisk as well? And the fossils, of course.

I understand preferring Alola Forms over Mega Evolutions/Z-Moves, but I don't really see how the former is any less a gimmick than the latter. Alola Forms are just cutesy tropical redesigns for a handful of Gen I Pokémon, for the sake of the anniversary. Maybe they'll expand them out of that later on, but as it stands, they're about as gimmicky as you can get.
It's better to have something more permanent than just two features that are just one-time actions, in my opinion at least. They'll expand on regional variants, I hope.

I'd love to see the starters get Mega Evolutions, but beyond that I don't particularly care. Maybe Luxray, and maybe Staraptor could get Megas as well.

As for regional variants, I highly doubt we will see any. But if we do, that's totally cool. I feel like they would mostly be around Mt. Coronet, and presumably not previously included in the original DPPt.

I wonder if Gamefreak might come up with another gimmick besides mega evolution, z-moves and alola forms, what do you think?

I think that those three are enough. Not every game has to have some big new gimmick.

Yet they seems to be likely to add one regardless, though Dram Abilities are Borderline, they added one major gamehanging new mechanics since Black and White.

• V: Hidden Abilities (again boarderline, but considering you had to go to the Dream World to get them in V...)
  • VI: Mega-Evolutions.
  • VII: Z-Moves and Alola Forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom