• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a codename, they're not going to use it as the final name, so it doesn't matter if it's too predictable because the average consumer probably won't know about it. If Stars is real, it's most definitely an Alola game. That name only really fits with Sun and Moon, it's vaguely related to space and time but not close enough to really signify DP remakes.
If DP have remakes they should be both on 3DS & Switch also the same with Stars.

I'd like to see an actual patch for Sun & Moon when the remakes come out so we don't have a stupid thing where none of the new game's features work and the new game becomes the default for all competitive battling.

If DP have remakes they should be both on 3DS & Switch also the same with Stars.
If Gen 4 remake be in Gen 7, we likely to see it on 3ds and switch, but if DP remake come in Gen 8, then it'll be Switch exclusive. because Gen 8 will move to Switch only

I doubt that they'd do a 3DS/Switch mulitplatform, because the Switch is so much more powerful than the 3DS.
That's true because when Switch was release Walmart and Gamestop were sold out of Switch, meaning that it's a hit. I rather have the next pokemon game on switch than 3ds, because I want to see how pokemon looks on Switch, I thinking of getting one if they have pokemon game to it

I think the anime is also some solid evidence, mainly this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jwowPjVoqQ

They have a Piplup in the trailer for the new movie, and Ash's male companion is revealed to have a Lucario according to some promotional material. Why would they just have a Piplup and Lucario in the movie for no reason whatsoever? All of the other non-Gen 1 Pokemon have reasons to be in the movie:
  • Ho-Oh is there due to being a plot element, but there's no way in hell we're getting Johto remakes before Sinnoh does.
  • Marshadow is a Gen 7 Mythical, which was revealed way too early in my opinion. This means that Gen 7 is out of event Pokemon to distribute due to the Hat Pikachu also coming with the movie, leading to several possible conclusions:
    • Gen 7 will be a shorter generation.
    • A new Mythical may be patched in.
    • We may get another Gen 7 movie with the Sun & Moon legendaries to wrap up things.
    • A Sinnoh-related movie if the remake does happen.
  • Incineroar is there to promote Sun & Moon, so it's not just a Kanto circlejerk.
Piplup's appearance here can also be seen as a parallel to how Bulbasaur (May's), Cyndaquil (Dawn's), and Treeko (Sawyer's) got some focus around the time of their remakes.

Another smaller piece of evidence is that Ash possesses both the Grass-type and Fire-type starters of Alola, and the last region where he only had those two types of starters was Sinnoh. This isn't the first time something similar has happened, as the XY series had the exact same group composition as Advanced Generation did (Ash, female lead, Gym Leader, and younger sibling).

They're definitely teasing Sinnoh if they have a Piplup and Lucario in the movie, as it would be pretty stupid if they're there just because they appeal to the fans or something.

TL;DR: The new movie and Ash's team composition in Alola is evidence of a Sinnoh remake.

I wonder what would they do for the Veilstone Game Corner. Will it be closed, like in ORAS? Re- opened with a new function? Or will it just dissapear and not be in the remake at all? What do you think?

I also wonder about Pal Park and GTS.

Also do you think Trainer Customization will be in?

Last edited:
I wonder what would they do for the Veilstone Game Corner. Will it be closed, like in ORAS? Re- opened with a new function? Or will it just dissapear and not be in the remake at all? What do you think?

I'd like to see the Game Corner become an arcade. I can see the GTS building becoming a Battle Royale Arena as well, and idk about Pal Park.

Also do you think Trainer Customization will be in?

Let Pal Park become a Friend Safari and let the Game Corner become a Apparel Shop and I'm a very happy camper.

Is everyone just ignoring the evidence I just put up yesterday? It practically confirms Sinnoh remakes.

Is everyone just ignoring the evidence I just put up yesterday? It practically confirms Sinnoh remakes.

Nothing you posted confirms anything. It is all speculation, and should be treated as such. It is quite likely that Gamefreak will continue remakes at this point anyway, so we hardly have any need for 'evidence.'

Tigertot said:
Ho-Oh is there due to being a plot element, but there's no way in hell we're getting Johto remakes before Sinnoh does.
I see no reason why Kanto and Johto shouldn't get sequels before DP are remade. It's pretty ridiculous to single out two Pokemon (which the anime has loved to promote regardless of the games) while ignoring the movie's setting (Kanto) and star (Ho-Oh).

I know that some of you are really anxious for remakes, but I highly doubt we're getting them this year. It won't kill you to wait until the next generation just as RS remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI.

It's pretty ridiculous to single out two Pokemon (which the anime has loved to promote regardless of the games)
Lucario was the poster child of Megas in the games, and the signature Pokemon of Korrina, hence it was promoted.

I know that some of you are really anxious for remakes, but I highly doubt we're getting them this year. It won't kill you to wait until the next generation just as RS remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI.
It won't kill you to wait for the Kanto sequels until the next generation just as RS Remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI. The point goes both ways.

It won't kill you to wait for the Kanto sequels until the next generation just as RS Remake supporters had to wait for Generation VI. The point goes both ways.
No, but it would be a waste of all the Go promotion involving Kanto and Johto. They would have to redo it for the next generation, which just sounds dumb. Not to mention that Game Freak sending Lillie to Kanto would lose any merit.

Compared to that, the anime marketing Lucario and Piplup (as always) is small potatoes.

No, but it would be a waste of all the Go promotion involving Kanto and Johto. They would have to redo it for the next generation, which just sounds dumb. Not to mention that Game Freak sending Lillie to Kanto would lose any merit.

Compared to that, the anime marketing Lucario and Piplup (as always) is small potatoes.

I'll support Kanto sequels only and only if Johto isn't left into the rubble, Mega Evolutions are there again (seriously, they'd want the player to use the Mega Kanto Starters, won't they?). I'd like to see a Mega Raichu, which gives it a BST boost of 100, which can also be used on Pikachu, but the mega Sprites are same. Also, Pika gets the same boosts as Raichu (so in the end Raichu's stats will be higher)

Don't derail the thread.

And frankly, whether or not you support the sequels is irrelevant. I didn't buy ORAS and life moved on.

And frankly, whether or not you support the sequels is irrelevant.

Okay... in a forum where people are supposed to give their opinions...
-

Moving onto the topic again, which is Gen 4 games, I'd like to have this be a form-heavy game as DP was. I'd like to see Megas for Gen II and IV Pokemon. A Pokemon Refresh/Amie iteration. Overhauled distortion world.

Okay... in a forum where people are supposed to give their opinions...
-

Moving onto the topic again, which is Gen 4 games, I'd like to have this be a form-heavy game as DP was. I'd like to see Megas for Gen II and IV Pokemon. A Pokemon Refresh/Amie iteration. Overhauled distortion world.
If we get new Megas for Sinnoh remake, because in XY they introduced us with megas follow through ORAS with more new megas, Since Sun and Moon didn't get any new megas, I don't know if DP remake we'll get, they probably going to focus on Z-moves, or maybe we'll get new Megas, New exclusive Z-moves, Sinnoh Form, and Primal Form or new form for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. I like to see what the Distortion World look like on Switch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom