• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get new Megas for Sinnoh remake, because in XY they introduced us with megas follow through ORAS with more new megas, Since Sun and Moon didn't get any new megas, I don't know if DP remake we'll get, they probably going to focus on Z-moves, or maybe we'll get new Megas, New exclusive Z-moves, Sinnoh Form, and Primal Form or new form for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. I like to see what the Distortion World look like on Switch :)

Megas aren't out of question since Gf said that they're willing to do them if they fit in with the game.

If there's a chance of New Megas, I wonder if New megas will fit into Sinnoh remake and Stars, anyone?

We at least need Megas for the starters, if nothing else.
Torterra: Grass/Rock. Solid Rock.
Infernape: Fire/Fighting. Technician.
Empoleon: Water/Steel. Healer.

Torterra gets a viability buff and the other starters get some utility.

If we get gen IV remakes anytime soon, I think the starters will all get an unique Z-move instead of a Mega, as that is the most recent thing. For them to get Megas while Z-moves have just been introduced would be a bit weird imo.
Indeed, that's why OR/AS had the megas, the Gen IV remakes should focus on a new feature.

I think they should get them. Kanto and Hoenn starters got them. And a move, compared to a mega is just plain bad imo.

That ship has sailed when the Alola starters got Z moves. The odds that every starter would have a Mega were diminished by the mutual exclusivity alone.

On top of that, it seems likely that GF would give the Sinnoh starters Z moves for promotional purposes (same reason they gave the Hoenn and Kanto starters Megas in Gen 6), they might also give the Johto starters Z moves as well. Other possible recipiants for Z moves n a sinnoh game might be

• Darkrai: because they had to had some reason to go overboard on nerfing Dark Void after making sure Smeargle can't learn it.
  • The Timespace-trio: Though I'm leaning more towards primal reversion or simialr gimmicks due to the orbs.
  • the Spirit trio: Makes more scene since they are also plot relevant. They might share one.
It'd be limited to legendaries and starters because the Z-crystals, unlike the Mega stones, are more generic, with a set of Z-moves corresponding to one of the types, and the unique z crystals are exclusive to the Alola starters, Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Shorlax, Mew, Eevee, and Marshadow, as well as one shared by the Tapu. Of these pokemon, 3 are starters and thus as much of mascots as the box mascots, two are for the series mascot and its evolution, one is for a pokemon popular for being cure and having the most evolutions and one is for a fully evolved pokemon with the intention of helping fitst adopters akin to XY's Torchic and ORAS's Shiny Beldum. The last 3 are for either Mythicals or pokemon that are at least considered Legendaries.

Personally, I don't think that the Sinnoh Starters even need Mega Evolutions. They're all three pretty solid as it is, both in terms of usability and design. Even setting aside my general preference for Z-Moves over Mega Evolutions, I actually think that Z-Moves would work better for them, since they can give them moves that are based on their respective themes, rather than trying to overinflate those themes within the designs themselves.

Of course, I don't think that the Sinnoh remakes will be a part of Gen 7 to begin with, so I don't think they'll be getting Z-Moves either. But as a hypothetical, you know.

I too hope for exclusive Z-Moves for the starters over Megas in the event of a remake. Aside from the fact that I prefer Z-Moves over Mega Evolution, it just seems more fitting seeing as Z-Moves are the new thing for Gen 7. Going back and putting a large emphasis on Mega Evolution after we just got introduced to Z-Moves and had less Mega focus would be weird. Besides, there really aren't that many Pokemon with exclusive Z-Moves and I certainly want to see some more non-Kanto mons with them.

I'm not opposed to new Megas though. I'd just prefer them for Pokemon other than the starters.

47bed14db64592f5a36711363a525b39_82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd-why-not-both-memes_400-400.jpeg

You realize that Megas and Z-moves are just gimmick mechanic to boost pokemon moves, if they want to add want to add new megas and z-moves, they would. We been having new mechanics through out the pokemon history, there's no way GF would just cut out the mechanic, because the fans dislike them. Megas and Z-moves are problems to player, because they want to play competitively, and also the they don't like the designs of megas, So if they bring back megas in the future they'll work better, as for Z-moves, they might do the same thing for Gen 8, by cutting out Z-moves, and replace them with a new mechanic, but who knwos, I can't predict anything for Gen 8. If GF want to bring new megas, and new z-moves, they would, it's not the fan's opinion on whether they like them or not, or if they want them back or gone, GF doesn't follow thru the fan's opinion on mechanic.

Torterra: Grass/Rock. Solid Rock.
Infernape: Fire/Fighting. Technician.
Empoleon: Water/Steel.

Torterra gets a viability buff and the other starters get some utility.

nice but what if Empoleon got Bulletproof? some grass moves would be out?
or Filter? Analytic? Lighting Rod? better Motor Drive?

Hope Torterra gets a new ability, Solid Rock would make it make wonders, but I think grass/rock should first apear on a new starter pokemon. (No Water Compaction!)

Infernape only Technician? Berserk? Adaptability? Fur Coat(mega Incineroar anybody)?

or maybe comepletly new abilities?

Filter seems useful for Empoleon. Infernape would work well with Adaptability.

I really want DP sequels as they're my favorite generation, but not right now. They should release SM 2 first and wait for the successor for 3DS (that is, if it's not Switch). I know Game Freak doesn't like to be predictable, but since Gen 1 remakes we had a gap of two generations between, and for me it's a lot better this way (so each new version shall go to a new console).

So in my opinion I'd rather have DP in Gen 8, 2019 or 2020 (assuming we'll have no core game this year).

Well for me personally, I think it would be overkill to have access to a special, powerful form AND a special powerful attack. (There might be an instance of this somewhere that I might be forgetting, but still). I also like to see these boosts spread among all Pokemon and to give 3 Pokemon both a Mega Evolution and an exclusive Z-Move just seems too overpowered and boring.

Well for me personally, I think it would be overkill to have access to a special, powerful form AND a special powerful attack. (There might be an instance of this somewhere that I might be forgetting, but still). I also like to see these boosts spread among all Pokemon and to give 3 Pokemon both a Mega Evolution and an exclusive Z-Move just seems too overpowered and boring.
You won't be able to use both in the same battle. Both require a held item. So it is an either or situation.

You won't be able to use both in the same battle. Both require a held item. So it is an either or situation.

I know that they can't be used all at once. I was referring to the amount of "bonuses" for one Pokemon in general. A Pokemon receiving the "bonus" of Mega Evolution and an exclusive Z Move just seems like so much, especially when there are only so many Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in the first place. This is just my opinion, Mega Evolution itself already feels like a certain group of Pokemon are more special than others and adding an exclusive Z-Move on top of that just makes them seem even more overly special. So I'd just personally prefer one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom