• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about variants in general. I particularly don't care about it, but it's more a matter of personal taste. I don't think it's a bad idea at all, but it's unlikely that it will be in every game. They should keep variants exclusive to gen 7, as an Alola characteristic. In the lore perspective, would be somewhat no sense that every generation will have it's own mutation/regional forms. But for sure, it can work in other eventual future region and a eventual remake, but just not in every sole single game.

I have to disagree with limiting regional variants exclusive to Alola, especially considering that there is only 18 Regional variants, all of which of Gen 1 mons and that geographical and environmental factors give more of a reason for regional variants to exist in other regions compared to the gimmick once-a-match item mechanics.

Plus it would make coining an umbrella term pointless if they are limited to one region.

I would mind another regional variants for "Stars" and DP remake, Since we get only Alolan Forms of Kanto pokemon in Sun and Moon, What if we get Sinnoh Form for Johto Pokemon in DP remake, see the connection ;) Yes, we get that regional variants are locked into Gen 7, it would be nice to get more :) Maybe in DP remake they'll be a pokedex expansion including Fairly type.

Maybe in DP remake they'll be a pokedex expansion including Fairly type.
I'm genuinely curious as to why people keep thinking that it's somehow going to be hard for Game Freak to implement the Fairy-type into these theoretical remakes, when it wasn't a problem with ORAS. Were people like this with the Dark and Steel types before FRLG were released?

Also, there's plenty of now-Fairy evolutionary lines in the (Platinum) Sinnoh PokéDex. Clefairy, Marril, Mr. Mime, Ralts*, and Togepi. And they could add Sylveon.

I would also like it if they reordered the Platinum expansion.

* Back in 2013, I would've preferred it if only Gardevoir was a Fairy-type, but oh well.

I have to disagree with limiting regional variants exclusive to Alola, especially considering that there is only 18 Regional variants, all of which of Gen 1 mons and that geographical and environmental factors give more of a reason for regional variants to exist in other regions compared to the gimmick once-a-match item mechanics.

Plus it would make coining an umbrella term pointless if they are limited to one region.
I never said to drop regional varitants, just not to add it in every game. Takind account megas had been side lined, it is quite possible that this will happen with variants as well. But there's high possibilities that if "Stars" is true, more regional variants will be added, and if sinnoh happens in gen 7, there will be "Sinnoh variants" as well .Anyway, the remakes will more likely be released in gen 8.

IMO, I don't see Gen 4 remake happening in Gen 8, it'll likely be in Gen 7
would be nice, but besides wishlist, why do you think that? By a business perspective, it will be better if it were on gen 8, especially if the future games will be released on switch.

I think there's a good chance that Sinnoh's battle frontier will reappear because doing so would show they're in touch with the fanbase.
Except the fanbase wanted the Gen III BF, not the Gen IV one. Personally, imo the Gen III BF is overrated, and the Gen IV one is better in terms of quality, despite being smaller. But that´s an unpopular opinion. The majority of the fanbase thinks the Gen III BF is far better, and were already whining and bitching when Platinum came out and they saw the new BF was smaller than the Gen III one. So I don´t know if the fanbase particularly cares about the Gen IV BF, they don´t seem to praise it nearly as much.

ORAS was a good game, but removing the battle frontier was a mistake
ORAS is a very good game, true. But you can´t say "removing the BF was a mistake", when, the truth is they didn´t remove the BF from ORAS since it was never in RS to begin with... and ORAS mainly is a RS remake. Anything added from Emerald should be seen as a nice bonus that we should be grateful for, not an obligation that GF had. Hopefully this doesn´t sound like arguing semantics, but it is important to note that the BF is not something that "had to be in ORAS". It would have been a nice addition, but not adding it to ORAS can´t and shouldn´t be treated as a"removal".

The correct thing to say is that "not adding the Emerald BF to ORAS was a msitake", and I agree with this. (although, realistically, like every game, ORAS had a fixed schedule, and if they wanted to add the BF, they would´ve had to remove some other new addition that they made, like Soaring, DexNav, BuzzNav, Mirage Islands, Delta Episode and probably more than one of those. So I think it was just a matter of priority of what they think wouuld sell more games,
so I think keeping it in Sinnoh is a way of fixing it, and it sure will attract and appease the more hard fans, so what's the problem anyway?
Again, I would personally enjoy this, but I don´t think it would compense Battle Frontier fans, as the Gen IV BF is not that popular among the majority...
I'll not be surprised that some fans will get salty if they bring the sinnoh battle frontrier, as there's always people complaining for the sake of doing it, but game freak will never stop doing something because of a entitled minority bitching.
And that´s true, but let´s not forget that the people asking for the Frontier are also a minority that is bitching about one single feature, so this might be the exact mindset they follow to not include it in DP remakes xD

Last edited:
The majority of the fanbase thinks the Gen III BF is far better, and were already whining and bitching when Platinum came out and they saw the new BF was smaller than the Gen III one. So I don´t know if the fanbase particularly cares about the Gen IV BF, they don´t seem to praise it nearly as much.

The Gen IV Frontier didn't have Pike Queen Lucy. ;)

The Gen IV Frontier didn't have Pike Queen Lucy. ;)
Yeah :p

I actually prefer the layout and Brains of the Emerald Frontier. And also that you win Symbols, not Prints. But I prefer the facilities of Gen IV BF, and that is the more important part.

Last edited:
I honestly never played the Battle Frontier much, but that's because I just couldn't get into the Gen 4 games it was in.

Also: Hikaru daichi ni tachi...

Yeah :p

I actually prefer the layout and Brains of the Emerald Frontier. And also that you win Symbols, not Prints. But I prefer the facilities of Gen IV BF, and that is the more important part.

Here's an interesting fact I found earlier, the Lumiose Museum has a painting on the SinJoh Frontier, but not the Hoenn Frontier, which implies that the SinJoh Frontier does in fact exist in the Megaverse in it's proper time slot, unlike the Hoenn Frontier which was apparently completed later in the Megaverse than in the Advancedverse.

I'm hopeful that they'll learn from their mistake with ORAS and include the Sinnoh Frontier in Sinnoh remakes if they ever decide to go that route.

That´s true, the SinJoh BF is depicted in the Lumiose Museum. But then again, there is a picture of Ash and Pikachu in SM, so... I don´t know how cannon pictures in the games are...

which implies that the SinJoh Frontier does in fact exist in the Megaverse in it's proper time slot

Or just any time before XY; there are several years between the Sinnoh story and the Kalos story. They can still skimp on on the Sinnoh Battle Frontier if they want to.

Except the fanbase wanted the Gen III BF, not the Gen IV one. Personally, imo the Gen III BF is overrated, and the Gen IV one is better in terms of quality, despite being smaller. But that´s an unpopular opinion. The majority of the fanbase thinks the Gen III BF is far better, and were already whining and bitching when Platinum came out and they saw the new BF was smaller than the Gen III one. So I don´t know if the fanbase particularly cares about the Gen IV BF, they don´t seem to praise it nearly as much.

ORAS is a very good game, true. But you can´t say "removing the BF was a mistake", when, the truth is they didn´t remove the BF from ORAS since it was never in RS to begin with... and ORAS mainly is a RS remake. Anything added from Emerald should be seen as a nice bonus that we should be grateful for, not an obligation that GF had. Hopefully this doesn´t sound like arguing semantics, but it is important to note that the BF is not something that "had to be in ORAS". It would have been a nice addition, but not adding it to ORAS can´t and shouldn´t be treated as a"removal".

The correct thing to say is that "not adding the Emerald BF to ORAS was a msitake", and I agree with this. (although, realistically, like every game, ORAS had a fixed schedule, and if they wanted to add the BF, they would´ve had to remove some other new addition that they made, like Soaring, DexNav, BuzzNav, Mirage Islands, Delta Episode and probably more than one of those. So I think it was just a matter of priority of what they think wouuld sell more games,

Again, I would personally enjoy this, but I don´t think it would compense Battle Frontier fans, as the Gen IV BF is not that popular among the majority...

And that´s true, but let´s not forget that the people asking for the Frontier are also a minority that is bitching about one single feature, so this might be the exact mindset they follow to not include it in DP remakes xD
I didn't mean that criticizing, complaining or being salty is bitching, but the mindset "durr, my game didn't have it, so other people and another game could never have because i don't want" is childish and bitching, and if Game Freak don't add battle frontier, for sure it won't be because of those kind of people.

I think their mindset for removing the battle frontier was a mistake. Still, i find ORAS a good game, but one of the biggest complaints was the lack of the frontier, so more likely they should avoid doing it again by not removing Sinnoh battle frontier this time. Yeah, sure, the online fanbase is a minority that is more critical to the point of analyzing every detail of the game, surely many of the buyers don't pay attention to certain aspects so much., this doesn't mean that the criticisms are not valid. and anyway the old school players and people who want a hard challenge shouldn't be ignored.

Which battle frontier is better is solely a matter of taste, but i particularly prefer the Sinnoh version, that, by the way was my first experience in the frontrier :D

Last edited:
As much as I enjoyed the facilities of the Hoenn Frontier, the location of the Sinnoh Frontier was second-to-none. The Battle Zone was such a nice place with cool features all over the island. I've already stated I prefer the facilities of the Hoenn Frontier, but after the disappointment that was ORAS, I'd take ANY Frontier over none.

If a diamond and pearl remake is out I sincerely hope Sinnoh forms are not even considered, because looking at the Pokémon map, Sinnoh is in the same general area as Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn so why would there be regional variants for Sinnoh but not for the other places? Also if the gen 4 remakes come out Alola forms won't be available unless you send them over from Sun and Moon, that way you can get a regular Raichu, Marowak and the others that Sun and Moon stop you from obtaining their original evolutions.

Also if the gen 4 remakes come out Alola forms won't be available unless you send them over from Sun and Moon, that way you can get a regular Raichu, Marowak and the others that Sun and Moon stop you from obtaining their original evolutions.
I imagine that they will pull a "oh hey, suddenly there are Pokémon from other regions around Sinnoh". Like putting Alolan Vulpix on top of Mt Coronet, Alolan Diglett as a rare spawn from Digletts, and stuff like that. I'd also put a guy that would evolve Pikachu to Alolan Raichu with a "special Alolan thunder stone", though who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom