• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alola Vulpix and Sandshrew will be probably be there in some capacity but it would probably be like the how certain Pokémon weren't available until after Groudon/Kyogre in ORAS.

Sinnoh forms for Pokémon introduced after Gen 4?

I'm also concerned that they'll have to shoehorn Alola forms into later games even if it doesn't make sense.

If a diamond and pearl remake is out I sincerely hope Sinnoh forms are not even considered, because looking at the Pokémon map, Sinnoh is in the same general area as Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn so why would there be regional variants for Sinnoh but not for the other places? Also if the gen 4 remakes come out Alola forms won't be available unless you send them over from Sun and Moon, that way you can get a regular Raichu, Marowak and the others that Sun and Moon stop you from obtaining their original evolutions.

I do hope that there are Sinnoh forms, if Gamefreak/Pokemon Co. can figure out a way to explain it from a lore standpoint. Like you mentioned Sinnoh is not that different from the first 3 japan based regions, but it is a bit different from the last three regions (at least in terms of Pokémon). I wouldn't mind Alolan forms being unavailable in DPP remakes, especially if they are a part of Gen. VII so that you can simply trade them. That being said there is always the Pokébank.

Alola Vulpix and Sandshrew will be probably be there in some capacity but it would probably be like the how certain Pokémon weren't available until after Groudon/Kyogre in ORAS.

If it is still Gen. VII, then I hope they don't shoehorn the Alolan variants into the game. I think they would incorporate ice types from Gen V before they added the Alolan variants. I just feel like it tarnishes the uniqueness of that region to spring those forms across older regions.

Sinnoh forms for Pokémon introduced after Gen 4?

I'm also concerned that they'll have to shoehorn Alola forms into later games even if it doesn't make sense.

I think they could find a good excuse to introduce Sinnoh forms for Gen. 5+ Pokémon, as previously stated Sinnoh is similar to the regions before it in terms of Pokémon, but less so then those that follow.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seems the major mechanics of Gen VII are Z-crystals and Regional Variants. If DPP remakes are part of the same generation, then I feel they should incorporate these elements in the addition of new z-crystals and Sinnoh variants. The same as ORAS introduced new megas and primal versions.

Also, am I the only one looking forward to the next set of games having move tutors?

Just going to post some of the small things I'd like fixed.

* The marshy tiles. Its annoying constantly getting stuck inside of them.

* The Great Marsh binoculars. I had a frustrating time them when I see a Pokemon I want, but forget which area I saw it in, I use the same pair of binoculars and the one I was looking for doesn't show up again.

* That guy in the Great Marsh who gives you a free shard every day. Don't keep him inside the Marsh, otherwise, the shard's not really free, is it? And don't make the shard random. The game should let you choose the shard you need.

* The vs. seeker. Please make at least one trainer in the area accept your challenge and maybe its my impatience, but 100 steps just to recharge is too time consuming.

I'd also put a guy that would evolve Pikachu to Alolan Raichu with a "special Alolan thunder stone", though who knows.

They didn't bother to do that for regular Raichu in Sun and Moon. So, I don't see how's that happening.
I actually think GF just showed their further hate for regular Raichu by throwing it out of Alola games

They didn't bother to do that for regular Raichu in Sun and Moon. So, I don't see how's that happening.
I actually think GF just showed their further hate for regular Raichu by throwing it out of Alola games

Okay guys how do we make Raichu better?

You know about that Mega Evolution we designed awhile back?

Which one.

The one for Tabunne

Okay?

We make a pancake-themed take on that, that surfs!

PERFECT!

I hope that Sammurot gets Bulletproof or something better, because Empoleon would deserve something against its electric weaknes taking that is part steel type.
Fur Coat is rather not posibble for a Pinguin?

I hope that Sammurot gets Bulletproof or something better, because Empoleon would deserve something against its electric weaknes taking that is part steel type.
What does Samurott have to do with Empoleon getting another abilitiy?

I saw someone on Reddit suggest that Empoleon should get Slush Rush.

Okay guys how do we make Raichu better?

You know about that Mega Evolution we designed awhile back?

Which one.

The one for Tabunne

Okay?

We make a pancake-themed take on that, that surfs!

PERFECT!

I know that's sarcasm, but A-Form literally made Raichu worse. Regular Raichu has only one weakness, and a versatility (you can use physical/special sets quote easily. I personally prefer Physical due to Volt Tackle), A-Raichu has only one gimmick-Surge surfer, which was rather unneeded since Rai is already fast. I'd have preferred levitate.

And, they've got a first-class excuse to deny Raichu a Mega- They already designed an Alola form for it.

I just see A-Raichu as their attempt to shut Raichu once and for all, but it will remain in my heart as the best Pokemon ever made, and GF cannot change that thinking in favour of Pikachu, however much it tries.

EDIT:

Empoleon does not have prominent fur. It's fur is now irrevelant as Empoleon's skin is now as powerful as steel

What does Samurott have to do with Empoleon getting another abilitiy?

I saw someone on Reddit suggest that Empoleon should get Slush Rush.
the fact that Samurrot as a samurai also should have been part fighting or steel, and next after gen 4 will be gen 2, I or 5.
Plus I dont know , maybe a immunity against punching, kick, blade, sword and combat moves would be better for it?

Empoleon does not have prominent fur. It's fur is now irrevelant as Empoleon's skin is now as powerful as steel

Yes I know, but rather it wont get the Immunity ability against poison and Salazzles Corrosion?
Its faster then Chesnaught and probably will get Beak Blast.
But ability wise it really should get that Motor Drive for the speed boost.

Yes I know, but rather it wont get the Immunity ability against poison and Salazzles Corrosion?
...Which is very situation, and only belongs to one Pokémon.

No offence, Matleo, but you have a tendency to talk about giving Pokémon buffs irregardless of how much sense it makes.

No offence, Matleo, but you have a tendency to talk about giving Pokémon buffs irregardless of how much sense it makes.

Such is the nature of power creep. But I don't think the Sinnoh Starters were ever used in OU or VGC, were they?

they could always stuff special/non-Sinnoh pokemon in MR Backlot's Trophy Garden... I mean that's what they kinda did already anyway, so why not put in some Alolan forms there? Or other forms for that matter. Plus, if Sinnoh remakes debut in the same Gen as SuMo then they'll still be easily available

they could always stuff special/non-Sinnoh pokemon in MR Backlot's Trophy Garden... I mean that's what they kinda did already anyway, so why not put in some Alolan forms there? Or other forms for that matter. Plus, if Sinnoh remakes debut in the same Gen as SuMo then they'll still be easily available

Ooh I'd actually forgotten about Mr. Backlot's garden! Alola Forms would indeed fit perfectly as 'rare Pokémon' in his garden, that would definitely work.

Sinnoh is in the same general area as Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn so why would there be regional variants for Sinnoh but not for the other places? .

The same reason Hoenn became tied to Kalos and mega evolution history - it was simply next in line on Game Freak's agenda and they tied it in somehow.

Such is the nature of power creep. But I don't think the Sinnoh Starters were ever used in OU or VGC, were they?

According to Smogon, Empoleon & Infernape were both used in DP OU.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/infernape/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/pokemon/empoleon/

Ooh I'd actually forgotten about Mr. Backlot's garden! Alola Forms would indeed fit perfectly as 'rare Pokémon' in his garden, that would definitely work.
And I second the forgetting! I don't even have anything else to add, your message ended up being a word by word of what I'd had said!

I Speculate the following things regarding obtaining the Legendary Pokemon there.

• First off, From Platinum the Birds, Cresellia and Mesprit were Roamers, so that will likely change because people hate the idea. Mesprit and Cresellia are easy enough since they already have associated locations, and Articuno would fir in the areas around Snowpoint, but the other two migth be difficult.
  • For the legendarily from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Unova, and Kalos we had established a precedent thanks to Hoopa, but the Bird and Golems might be exempt from this treatment due to their Platinum appearances (and for the last group, Regigigas) So the Golems would be could in the respective caves.
  • Game Freak doesn't like being predictable so there is a chance that the Delta Episode, and with it Deoxys not being a Mythical for is a one-off. But int he evnt this continues, then the arc would likely focus on Giratina and Arceus.
  • However I can also see a chance for other Sinnoh Mythical pokemon not being Mythical pokemon as well. Mainly:
    • Manaphy: First off, you need it for the Pokedex, though a picture can and has sufficed for that purpose. Secondly one is needed to be able to find a Phione for the Pokedex (unless they make them wild encounters). The circumstances (mainly the pokemon not being born yet when you receive them from the MG guy) give it an option to be found in game without Mystery Gift. Though In this case I'd expect little fanfare about it and would recommend bringing a Talonflame, Magcargo or Magmar along.
    • Darkrai: Manaphy also also unique among the 4th gen mythical in that it does not have an associated location (in Sinnoh) though only on a technicality, The Hall of Origin being legally inaccessible render Arceus in a simialr boat. Darkrai in addition to having a special location also has a thematic connection to another pokemon, Cresellia. And they maintain this connection in the next generation as well, with Darkrai being responsible for a kid's death by coma. In contrast. This in my opinion makes Arceus (and later, Keldeo) equally likely to have achieved a similar status to Deoxys.
    • Shaymin: The least likely IMO. While Shaymin does have an associated place in Sinnoh where they can be encountered, it lacks the connection to the ingame pokemon that Darkrai and Arceus have and fellow Mew clone Manaphy has more unique circumstances.
    • Or they could expect people to think that they would not repeat the Delta Episode an just throw a curveball by making all the above obtainable in game (sans maybe one exception)
    • On a semi-related note (as Rotom is neither a Legendary or a Mythical) I'd expect the room with the appliances to be available by default.
  • The above two points are the most likely to be eschewed because of Game Freak's desire for unpredictability, but these still the existing case for Deoxys. While this species is now among a few Mythicals that you can actually get any time with the right resources and an old game (this list also includes Mew and Manaphy both for Gen 4, and Magearna for Gen 6) of those pokemon Deoxys is the only one you can directly get. And the one with the least hassle to obtain (Magearna is the second, needing simply internet access. but the last two need in addition to a certain mainstream, game a specific spinoff title: Ranch or the first Ranger game). This puts Deoxys is a specific predicament. But I'm of the opinion that they would be treated as a normal Legendary and handled accordingly.
  • Items: While I see the starts are more likely to get Z-moves than megas, I expect Dialga and Palkia to get Primal Reversions (and FYI, Dialga's is unlikely to resemble the PMD incarnation, mainly because it is a simple pallette swap and because the nomenclature used in the original Japanese games is the same used for Shadow Pokemon). The reason is simple. They already have associated held items (and they were even called orbs to boot). While a pokemon having two different associated items is not unheard of (for examples, the eon Dragons have Soul Dew and Megas, not to mention the items associated with Chansey, and then there is Arceus' Plates and Silvally's Memories), it is a very rare occurrence. To that end, Giratina's Origin Forme might be retconned into a simialr scenario and buffed arrodingly
    • That said I'm not ruing Z-Moves out of the question either, but the above point and what we had seen so far regarding the pokemon that did get Z-moves or megas implies that it is an either/or case.
  • As for Mythicals from other Gens being catchable without timelocked events? Frankly with the possible exception of Deoxys, I wouldn't hold my breath

The same reason Hoenn became tied to Kalos and mega evolution history - it was simply next in line on Game Freak's agenda and they tied it in somehow. /

There is no rule out there stating that because sun and moon got regional variants, the other set of games has to have its own. The remakes would more than likely get z moves for Pokémon not included in sun and moon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom